Author Topic: Jason Castagna [merged]  (Read 148079 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jason Castagna [merged]
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
Stop it, you two.

FlashGordon

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »
does he fit the 60% criteria?

dont know, ask Gary Ablett senior, he would know better on who fits that category  :o

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2017, 10:21:13 PM »
What do we all think about his kicking?

From memory some were pretty adamant that his kicking was below VFL standard.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »

Has worked hard on that bt, and it shows. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »

I feel like you are saying that to imply his kicking is good? Funny cause I opened this thread to make a similar comment, except mentioning that some people were adamant that he was a good kick :shh

FlashGordon

« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »

if it was then we have bigger issues in the form of who on earth recruited someone who couldnt kick a footy....below VFL standard?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:38 PM »

I feel like you are saying that to imply his kicking is good? Funny cause I opened this thread to make a similar comment, except mentioning that some people were adamant that he was a good kick :shh
I am saying that to imply his kicking is good.
And to imply that some may have been a little overzealous with their comments on his kicking.
I'm not saying he haven't improved his kicking but I don't think it even possible to have improved it so much in one season to where it is now unless maybe it wasn't as bad as first thought by some.
It's not "Dusty" good but is better than Grigg, Hunt, MacIntosh and Conca.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
I don't think we're going to agree on this so I'll just leave you with one comment.

His kicking was shizen. It has improved but there has to still be question marks on his kicking.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »

I am saying that to imply his kicking is good.
And to imply that some may have been a little overzealous with their comments on his kicking.
I'm not saying he haven't improved his kicking but I don't think it even possible to have improved it so much in one season to where it is now unless maybe it wasn't as bad as first thought by some.
It's not "Dusty" good but is better than Grigg, Hunt, MacIntosh and Conca.

Don't think we will see Castagna with kick in duties like a few mentioned but i agree he has Grigg covered.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
George is going really well.
Great effort by him to have improved in most areas of his game. But I think his kicking wasn't as bad as a few made out.
Anyway it doesn't really matter, he is fast becoming an important part of our future. 

Where do people see him playing long term?
Could he eventually become a regular in our midfield?
Personally would like to see him play in the back half his pace run and aggression is something lacking back there we know he will take the game on its something we need.

Did not think i would be asking for it so early in the piece but i would like to see Rioli on a wing.
That would allow us to play Butler, Lloyd and if he shows enough Bolton in the fwd half.

Team i would like to see on the park but it wont happen would go something like this.
Mainly i like the structure  the lack of soft squibs the pace and theres flexability with a very strong interchange

FB: Castagna - Astbury - Grimes  Four players over 190cm but it is not slow Astbury aside providing plenty of run and pace.
HB: McIntosh - Rance - Markov.

C: Rioli - Martin - Menadue.   Plenty of pace hard runners and grunt.
R: Nankervis - Caddy - Cotchin

HF: Lloyd - Riewoldt - Moore/Chol.    Three talls but a different tall set up than the dinosaur set up we have put up with. Very quick smalls and goal kicking ones at that.
FF: Butler - Griffiths - Bolton/Edwards

Int: Prestia - Miles - Vlastuin - Grigg/C Ellis.  Any of these guys could be starting 22 to me it does not matter who starts as mids they will all spend a similar amount of time on the park

No B Ellis, Houli, Lambert, Hunt Morris  and others

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2017, 01:09:03 AM »
No room for Short Claw?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
No room for Short Claw?
Just not 100% sure about him.  In fairness he did not do a lot wrong and his kicking is something thats needed i dunno im looking for an aggresive sml fwd who will hunt his opponent and take the game on i think Castagna fits that.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2017, 06:18:53 PM »
No room for Short Claw?
Just not 100% sure about him.  In fairness he did not do a lot wrong and his kicking is something thats needed i dunno im looking for an aggresive sml fwd who will hunt his opponent and take the game on i think Castagna fits that.
Simply going off last years form he would be picked in the top 10 if it were up to me.
We need to look forward and go with kids like Short... and Castagna, Markov, Menadue, Cellis and even Butler going off last weeeks game.
There is some real pace amongst those kids (also add Rioli) which has obviously been our recruiting policy over the last few years, but now it's time to start playing them regularly.
Forgot the one paced plodders that have gotten us only so far.

I must admit I'm more enthusiastic about this year than I have been previously due to the potential and excitement of our young speedsters.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:22 AM »
Lively, young Richmond forward Jason Castagna will be upgraded from the Club’s rookie list to the primary list ahead of the 2017 season.

The 20-year-old has been rewarded for his impressive efforts throughout the pre-season and will be eligible for selection in the Tigers’ senior side.

He had a strong JLT Community Series campaign, kicking five goals in three games and showcasing his running ability.

Castagna, who played TAC Cup football with Northern Knights, was selected by Richmond with its second pick (No. 29 overall) in the 2015 AFL rookie draft.

He was elevated to the Club’s senior list on the eve of the 2016 season and played five AFL games all-up last year.

Richmond has another senior list position available after ruckman Shaun Hampson was placed on the Club’s long-term injury list.

"We'll lodge the paperwork this morning and Jason Castagna will be upgraded," said coach Damien Hardwick at Thursday morning's press conference.

"The other [spot] we'll probably leave at this stage from a flexibility point of view. Mabior Chol has been very handy in that position, Ivan Soldo has showed some signs as well, so we'll leave the other option open at this stage."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-03-22/castagna-senior-list-elevation

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2017, 12:22:05 PM »
Well done 'George'  :clapping. Hope he kicks a few against the Blues tomorrow night.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd