Author Topic: Jason Castagna [merged]  (Read 148077 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jason Castagna [merged]
« Reply #885 on: August 18, 2023, 12:41:58 PM »
Lol at the hypocricy. Most of you lot bagged the poo out of him along with me.

What i dont get as a footballer i never ever rated him even in the premiership years. NOW HE HAS RETIRED IM EXPECTED TO CHANGE MY THOUGHTS ON HIM. and sugar coat the many many deficiencies.
Sorry people he was lucky to play in the premierships, he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and with or without him we would have won all three flags.With out a doubt he was a very ordinary player  but hey let the truth fly out the window because he played in some premierships.

Hmm his job  literally, small forward and ALL the areas that entails, yet you nuffies break it down even further, now days a role player in his case  a small fwd who does just one thing or in this case pressure well., of the many roles that make up being a small fwd. He is not even a glass half full player in fact extremely limited is being fair.

Isaid this right thru his whole career so why are people expecting me to change my opinion just because he has retired.
People on footy sites are the biggest hypocrites.

You're just a bit of an extremist.

Everyone is either a good player or terrible pretty much.

Haven't answered my last questions either.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2023, 06:53:16 PM »
Lol at the hypocricy. Most of you lot bagged the poo out of him along with me.

What i dont get as a footballer i never ever rated him even in the premiership years. NOW HE HAS RETIRED IM EXPECTED TO CHANGE MY THOUGHTS ON HIM. and sugar coat the many many deficiencies.
Sorry people he was lucky to play in the premierships, he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and with or without him we would have won all three flags.With out a doubt he was a very ordinary player  but hey let the truth fly out the window because he played in some premierships.

Hmm his job  literally, small forward and ALL the areas that entails, yet you nuffies break it down even further, now days a role player in his case  a small fwd who does just one thing or in this case pressure well., of the many roles that make up being a small fwd. He is not even a glass half full player in fact extremely limited is being fair.

Isaid this right thru his whole career so why are people expecting me to change my opinion just because he has retired.
People on footy sites are the biggest hypocrites.

Calling him one of the worst player to have played the game is one of the worst things I have seen from a Richmond supporter on a forum.
Own it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #887 on: August 18, 2023, 08:47:43 PM »

Don't worry about Claw HRT He's not a true Tiger supporter,  he only ever has negative things to say. I don't think Ive ever seen a positive post from him.

I skip his posts now because I know that theyll only be negative.

Life is much more enjoyable without the negativity.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2023, 08:55:51 PM »

Don't worry about Claw HRT He's not a true Tiger supporter,  he only ever has negative things to say. I don't think Ive ever seen a positive post from him.

I skip his posts now because I know that theyll only be negative.

Life is much more enjoyable without the negativity.
Claw has some good points to make but he was noticeably less active in 2017, 19, 20.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2023, 09:59:33 PM »
I wonder if crawski likes the negativity at his posting as much he likes being negative towards his football team.
He calls out his honesty as a defence but we too are being just as honest about his posting.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: August 18, 2023, 10:35:36 PM »
I wonder if crawski likes the negativity at his posting as much he likes being negative towards his football team.
He calls out his honesty as a defence but we too are being just as honest about his posting.
The difference is that our honesty has punctuation and 7 less paragraphs.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #891 on: August 18, 2023, 11:12:16 PM »
 if you’re a Richmond supporter , you support Richmond , I don’t see a lot of support going on with the craw. Some points are reasonable , around our recruiting and giving the kids ago where possible because they are backed up with logic. The insults when people don’t agree gets me ,along with the hating of players in a side that has given us so much in recent years.
 Oh well haters have got to hate

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2023, 10:53:56 PM »
Rumour that he's coming out of retirement and headed to Gold Coast with Dimma....no joke... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #893 on: August 21, 2023, 10:58:57 PM »
Rumour that he's coming out of retirement and headed to Gold Coast with Dimma....no joke... :shh

Wish him all the best

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #894 on: August 21, 2023, 11:04:32 PM »

Wish him all the best

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #895 on: August 22, 2023, 08:52:19 AM »
The difference is that our honesty has punctuation and 7 less paragraphs.
:lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #896 on: August 22, 2023, 01:41:37 PM »
Happily wish George all the best, he was a bottom 6 player in a dynasty. They are all important but fact of the matter is, once chaos ball was squashed he didn't have the skills to adapt. It's a harsh landscape, same with Steve Morris, once sliding and diving rules came in his one wood was taken away and became VFL standard.
Go Tigers!

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #897 on: August 22, 2023, 07:31:27 PM »
Chol and Castagna to kick 100 goals between them next year

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #898 on: August 22, 2023, 07:57:52 PM »
Chol and Castagna to kick 100 goals between them next year

In the VFL.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: August 22, 2023, 09:01:16 PM »
I’m not gonna lie though I reckon some Karmichael Hunt moment is gonna happen where it’s gonna be a contested mark from Chol then handball to ellis, he runs through the corridor takes 5 bounces then hits up castagna for a goal after the siren and we lose by a point