Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda --- Round 15, 2021  (Read 13067 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda --- Round 15, 2021
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2021, 11:57:32 PM »
Carried our form from the last ten minutes v West Coast into the match....also reeked of hubris at the selection table.....as if we thought we could experiment with the tall set up before Lynch came back because it was "only St.Kilda"  and we were going the lose the ruck contest anyway..... :shh

Spot on. I mean, we would have lost anyway with the way that we played but playing Ryan way before he was ready was pure arrogance and stupidity in a game that was must win.

I think Julz called it complacency and it was to a point

IMO it was worse than that

Willy, you've nailed it

It was arrogance

Even in the first 15 minutes when we were on top there was a cockiness about how we were playing

Agree with Tigeritis, it was 2016 revisited

I still think we will limp into the finals but we will go out on week one

Clearly, some tough calls need to be made and it has to start next week at selection
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2021, 12:03:09 AM »
i made my child sit there till the end and watch that despite personally wanting to walk out at half time.

I can handle losing but tonight was something else. i dont even know where to start.

To think Balta is out for a year purely on the back of his own clumsiness really sums our year up.

Adding salt to the wound is rance playing his first game after retiring tomorrow.

Such irony

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2021, 12:05:32 AM »
i made my child sit there till the end and watch that despite personally wanting to walk out at half time.

I can handle losing but tonight was something else. i dont even know where to start.

To think Balta is out for a year purely on the back of his own clumsiness really sums our year up.

Adding salt to the wound is rance playing his first game after retiring tomorrow.

Such irony

:clapping

Spot on

I stayed to the end too.

Think we deserve medals for doing that
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:22:21 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2021, 12:20:30 AM »
Our lowest score under Dimma.

Our lowest score since 1961.

Our 5th lowest score ever.

Our lowest score at the MCG since the 1927 GF (which was infamously played in ankle deep water).

:P

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2021, 12:34:26 AM »

Such irony

:clapping

Spot on

I stayed to the end too.

Think we deserve medals for doing that

i said to my child and i quote, i stayed to the end for 37 years now you can do it every now and then.

14k crowd which was a shocking return from our supporter base.

Havent felt like this too many times since 17 walking out of the G. IMO this was our worst loss since the pies final. Why. Because the penny finally dropped tonight and you can just see the end of players like houli is upon us.

Great birthday present for dusty tomorrow as well :thumbsdown

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2021, 01:32:56 AM »
Look we can't by trick at moment to not blaming injuries only , players come back and we loose more to injuries and significant long term ones to.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2021, 03:49:36 AM »
Our lowest score under Dimma.

Our lowest score since 1961.

Our 5th lowest score ever.

Our lowest score at the MCG since the 1927 GF (which was infamously played in ankle deep water).

:P

Dimma should stick his hand up as say he completely stuffed up selection, preparation and tactics. I haven’t been more embarassed for this club since round 23 2016. It was disgusting

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2021, 06:52:06 AM »
Team stats:

Disposals:      371 - 388 .... ( contested: 120 - 142  :help ; uncontested: 240 - 233 )
Efficiency%:    70 - 72
Kicks:            220 - 253
Handballs:     151 - 135
Turnovers:       72 - 79
Marks:             82 - 114 .... ( contested marks: 7 - 11 )
Tackles:           63 - 54
Clearances:      23 - 42 .... ( centre clearances: 6 - 9 ; stoppages: 17 - 33 )  :help
Inside 50:        43 - 42
In50 eff.%:      33 - 48  :help
In50 marks:     10 - 5
In50 tackles:    12 - 15
Hitouts:           21 - 42  :help
Hitouts to Adv:   6 - 16  :help
Bounces:            6 - 2
One percenters: 60 - 50
Free kicks:         23 - 18

Individual possies:

Pickett  24
Vlastuin 24
Graham 23
Baker    22
Cotchin  22
Martin   22
Short    22
Houli     21
Lambert 21
Broad    18
Edwards 17
Castagna 16
McIntosh 16
Prestia    16
Grimes   15
Riewoldt 13
Aarts     12
CCJ       12
Balta     11 .... subbed off last qtr
Bolton   11
Chol     11
Mansell   2 .... subbed on last qtr
Ryan      0

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/3107#team-stats

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2021, 08:40:25 AM »
It shows how bad you are going when you can't even think of any players from the opposition who had a good game.
what are you on about? Did you watch the game?
Luke Dunstan killed us and Dusty.
Steele was everywhere.

And a bloke I’ve never heard of kicks 2 goals.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
What is concerning is where was Bolton? Graham? no impact at all. These two are our next midfield group and in all losses haven’t been seen?

Forward line system is cooked and yet again we get scored against too easily on the transition.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'We were S-house': Jack Riewoldt (Foxsports)
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2021, 06:30:18 PM »
‘We were S-house’: Tigers star’s blunt admission after Saints loss

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
June 26th, 2021 4:34 pm

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt has admitted last night’s performance against St Kilda was “S-house” and that the club has been left “bitterly disappointed.”

Speaking on Fox Footy on Saturday, Riewoldt echoed coach Damien Hardwick’s sentiments that they let a lot of people down.

“(Suns president) Tony Cochrane said this word in a PG or an M rated slot (on Fox Footy’s On The Couch). I won’t say it, but we were S-house last night,” the triple premiership Tiger said.

“We played really poorly and it was bitterly disappointing. We let a lot of people down last night, we let ourselves down, but most importantly we’re back here playing in Melbourne at the MCG – the home of our football club – and we played really poorly in front of our fans.”

Riewoldt revealed that Hardwick had not yet addressed the playing group after the loss.

“It was left to the line coaches. It was still a bit raw for the group.

“It’ll be addressed (by Hardwick) over the next coming little period. We didn’t fire a shot unfortunately, to only kick two goals in a game of footy just isn’t up the AFL standard that we expect. And compounded by a couple of injuries as well.”

Asked if it could signal the end of Richmond’s dominant run in recent years, Riewoldt said: ‘You look to the past and we had a game against West Coast that we should have won and we played 15 minutes of bad football. That could have gone one way and we could’ve been sitting differently.

“(In) 2017 we were beaten comprehensively in a similar round against St Kilda out here by about 80 points, they did a number on us and then we went on to perform.

“We always speak about learning from our greatest losses. You can be buried or you can be planted and we take the planted option every time.

“We look to improve and hopefully get a few soldiers back. We lose a couple but we’re looking to get Tommy Lynch back in the next week or so.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2021-richmond-vs-st-kilda-tigers-loss-jack-riewoldt-on-fox-footy/news-story/65592b318bec52c870229449b7c506cc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2021, 06:49:46 AM »
AFL Report Card: Round 15

Max Laughton, Ben Waterworth, Ben Cotton and David Zita
Foxsports
28 June 2021

RICHMOND

Woeful. Absolutely woeful. Two goals in a game woeful. Lowest score in 60 years woeful. Doing that against one of the AFL’s worst defences woeful. Flag defence in tatters woeful. At risk of missing the eight woeful. Two crucial defenders injured woeful. Simply … woeful.

In the votes

Purely from the perspective of ‘well, we have to give someone votes in the club best and fairest tonight’, you could say Dustin Martin (22 disposals and a goal) and Shane Edwards (18 disposals and a goal) were OK, while Nick Vlastuin (24 disposals, eight intercepts) was solid. That’s it though.

Room for improvement

There’s so much to question here. Why did they go into a wet game so tall? Two-metre debutant Samson Ryan had more free kicks against (one) than disposals (none). They should get Tom Lynch back soon, which will really help because Jack Riewoldt was blanketed and they had no other dangerous forwards on offer. Trent Cotchin (54.5 per cent efficiency with his 22 disposals) was poor and overly-aggressive on numerous occasions; Jack Graham (23 disposals, 56.5 per cent efficiency) was similarly wasteful. And good grief, they kicked two goals. TWO?

Grade

F

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-report-card-round-15-2021-afl-news-analysis-every-club-graded-best-and-worst-players-votes-reaction/news-story/4f1aaec0f83ff882f90cae71d483221f

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2021, 07:01:03 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Ratten)

Richmond v St Kilda

10 Luke Dunstan (STK)
8 Jack Steele (STK)
4 Callum Wilkie (STK)
4 Dougal Howard (STK)
3 Paddy Ryder (STK)
1 Dylan Grimes (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/639156/coaches-votes-r15-hot-dog-surges-clear-gun-blue-in-top-five