Author Topic: Players Positions  (Read 849 times)

Offline Delediodelight

• Tiger Rookie
Players Positions
« on: January 09, 2008, 07:59:50 PM »
Joel Bowden:since been moved to defence bowden become one of the most important players in the team, the way he sets up and directs play with his beautful and precise kicking, in years gone by he has been asked to do this aswell as man up on the oppositions key forward. with the development of other tall defenders in the main polak and thurfield, bowden should be freed up to play more attacking and be able to push further up the ground(which the forwards will like) also recruiting Mcmahon will put less pressure on bowden to deliver every week. Position: Half back flank

Nathan G. Brown: get back to full fitness no nigglimg problems is his first priority,secondly getting some match fitness and that killer goal sense back, just havin brown near the goals is a threat to any team and we need him to spend most of his time there say 70% forward -30% roaming.
Position: Forward pocket(70%) the rest james hirding! e.g. following the ball

Travis Casserly: same as brown get over the injuries then focus on improving, haven't seen much of him, but ones he gets some size(muscle) on him he could be a weapon moving forward A grade kicking on him
Position: Half back flank/wing

Andrew Collins:keep letting this young man develop at coburg, in the midfield nowhere else, he is an in and under type like foley just alot less muscle same football brain though.
Position: Rover

Daniel Connors+Trent Cotchin: these two players are very similar, both are midfielders with class and game to match, they will both be very damaging players, they both need to work on endurance so they can run allday and burn off taggers which they will get in a few years.
Positon: rover/ruck rover/centre

Mark Coughlan: again shake the injuries and then get the game time, hopefully will get back to his 2003 form and back to being in of the games elite, is also a leader and that is what our young midfielders desperately need
Position: half forward, half midfield rotation by end of year midfield only

Brett Deledio: as much as i want deledio to become a permant and dominant midfielder until he can shake the taggers he will need to push forward and become a forward threat and put the pressure back on the opposition
Positon: Centre(for centre bounces) come half forward

Shane Edwards:this kid has so much skill and desire to successed that he could become anything, i see a young ben cousins(on field only), startin as a half forward but when he gets the size on him he will become a superstar onballer and run and run till he can't no more like cousins did.
Position: Half forward and casual onball rotation

Nathan Foley: Nathan Foley say no more, can improve on last season by improving endurance to go all day, to become more of a forward threat by kicking more goals and by not getting a big head from last seasons.
Position: Rover

Angus Graham: Graham is a man mountain, has the physcal features just needs to get the footy side going, skillswise kicking and tapping, get a bigger engine and more aggresive, protect the onballers by tackling and bumping the opposition hard they'll soon learn to take him serious.
Position: Ruckman

Cleve Hughes:has the skills just needs the dedication to work harder on his game, play him at centre half forward for coburg and tell him to keep presenting and running and not to stop running till the end of the game, has vice like hands when marking and accurate kicking, towards the end of the quarters swarp to full forward and attack every ball that comes his way.
Position: Centre half forward

Daniel Jackson:showed us toward the end of last year he is a great attacking tagger, he tacks players out of the game while getting his own ball. get more physical tackle players to the ground make them earn every touch.
Position: Tagger
Dean Polo:is very similar to jackson but can also play as a more attacking opption
Position: Tagger/rover

Jake King:he attackes every ball like a bullterrier and gives 100% everytime, could improve his game by..... getting tall!!! he doesn't have much wrong, is a real team player.
Position: Back pocket
Luke McGuane:honest hard working backman, needs to improve body strength and kicking, he attackes the ball well but turns it over when he kicks alot,
Position: Third tall defender Back flank/pocket

Jordan McMahon:it'll be interesting how he goes, i for one like the idea of getting him, is an attacking defender with great skills is a bit outside but makes up for it with quick and accurate ball movement will help bowden alot.
Position: Back flank

Danny Meyer+Mitch Morton:Both players have awesome skills, you know they will either kick goals or pick out a player when they have it, but its the getting it part they struggle with, they need to lift their work rates and attack the ball hard and they could become the next nathan browns.
Positions: Forward pocket/half forward/wing
Kelvin Moore:

Chris Newman+Andrew Raines: people talk about moving these player to the midfielder but i like them where they are in defence, they have a good understanding of each other and both read the play well and put their bodies on the line.
Positions: Back pocket

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls:he is starting to look like a footballer has put on some muscle but hopefully hasn't lost that speed and agailty, is a real utility back midfield wing, i like him on the wing helping back and push forward hard and fast with accuracy, needs to improve kicking.
Position: Wing

Adam Pattison+Dean Putt:both are tall forwards who can releave for a resting ruckman or even ruck in the forward50, both have big engines but pattison could improve his speed off the mark, while pattison is a few years ahead devevloped wise of putt both will be challenging for the same position.
Position: Forward come ruckmen

Kayne Pettifer: needs to continue his recent form, leads up the ground well and doubles back just as quick, kicks important goals but needs to become a bit more consistent, needs to attack the ball alot harder to, put his body on the line.
Position: Half forward

Graham Polak: start him at centre half back, teach him to play man on man and spoil when behind, peels off well when getting in front off the full forward, can be used in an Adam Hunter type role by being swung forward at the end of of quarters to kick a couple of goals and trouble small defences.
Position: Center half back(80%) swing forward(20%)

Alex Rance: a future centre half back needs time to get fitness and strength to be up to afl level, will eventually take over from Polak, will take the gorilla forwards but will also be an offensive weapon when we have the ball.
Position: Centre half back

Matthew Richardson:Its RICHO the heart of the football club
Position: Forward

Jack Riewoldt+David Goudis: Both are tall hit up type half forwards/centre half forwards who continually lead and give an options, they can also work back towards goals and kick a bag full, while i like them both as forwards Goudis could also be developed in to a full back with his quick speed off the mark.
Positions: Centre half forwards/half forwards, and full back

Jay Schulz: its up to him what he wants to do, be a footballer or not, when he brings his game is a very damaging full forward strong mark good shot on goal, just needs to keep working and hopefully the delivery into him will get better, if that fails try him at centre half back again...
Positions: Full forward

Troy Simmonds: hopefully gotten over his injuries and will be back to his all aussie form from 2006 as a dominant ruckman who picks up high numbers of possisions
Position: Ruckman

Richard Tambling:his confidence is down, needs to improve that and be confident in his own ability, is quick and agile and can get the ball out of packs has good skills, just needs to run and run and attack the ball and harass the opposion(tackle and pressure) when he doesn't have the ball.
Position: Ruck rover/half forward

Will Thursfield:gets some muscle to go with the skills and speed he has, is better suit to the athletic forwards that run alot, has good closing speed and is a good spoiler, could improve by peeling off his player and helping team mates more, but usually does his job.
Position: Full back

Shane Tuck:tucky needs to use his size to intimidate other midfielders he needs to get agressive and throw his weight around, hopefully like his old man he improves with age and exprience.
Position: Centre

Matthew White:
Greg Tivendale:
Kane Johnson:
Chris Hyde:
Cameron Howat:the last 5 i didn't really have much to say about or the rookies.

Your feedback and thoughts would be much appreciated....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Players Positions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
Be great if most of those comments comes true DD.

At the moment there's still a if, hope, can they question mark over most Tigers. No surprise for our youngsters but it's those players in their 5th+ years that are under the most pressure. This year's draft is expected to be a strong one so cuts to lists will probably be deeper than last year. Those that were lucky to survive won't this time around unless they dramatically improve and cement a spot in our 22.

People are saying Rainsey and Newy may push into the midfield this year because we have a number of candidates for the HBF roles. McMahon of course and Morton are seemingly training now to play in defence. So it's either be the best candidate for that spot, find and spot in the side or play for Coburg.

I see Patto in the future playing more a follower around the ground role than Putt as Patto has a unbelievable motor for a big man. Patto will still push forward but I think Putt will be the one who'll play mostly as a roaming forward when he's not rucking.

Polak is only 23 so he has still up to a decade in the game barring serious injury. In time there's room for both Polak and Rance.

Gourdis and Jack are opposites IMO. As Miller said today Gourdis is an athlete who dominates fitness testing yet needs to work on his kicking a fair bit. Whereas Jack is a natural footballer with all the skills and smarts but needs to boost his athletic traits like Foley has done.

I'm a big fan of Edwards but it's a massive call to say he'll be a future (onfield) Cousins.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Delediodelight

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
Be great if most of those comments comes true DD.

At the moment there's still a if, hope, can they question mark over most Tigers. No surprise for our youngsters but it's those players in their 5th+ years that are under the most pressure. This year's draft is expected to be a strong one so cuts to lists will probably be deeper than last year. Those that were lucky to survive won't this time around unless they dramatically improve and cement a spot in our 22.

People are saying Rainsey and Newy may push into the midfield this year because we have a number of candidates for the HBF roles. McMahon of course and Morton are seemingly training now to play in defence. So it's either be the best candidate for that spot, find and spot in the side or play for Coburg.

I see Patto in the future playing more a follower around the ground role than Putt as Patto has a unbelievable motor for a big man. Patto will still push forward but I think Putt will be the one who'll play mostly as a roaming forward when he's not rucking.

Polak is only 23 so he has still up to a decade in the game barring serious injury. In time there's room for both Polak and Rance.

Gourdis and Jack are opposites IMO. As Miller said today Gourdis is an athlete who dominates fitness testing yet needs to work on his kicking a fair bit. Whereas Jack is a natural footballer with all the skills and smarts but needs to boost his athletic traits like Foley has done.

I'm a big fan of Edwards but it's a massive call to say he'll be a future (onfield) Cousins.

i'm a huge fan of edwards as well and i think he'll be one of those types of onballers who run and run all day, the cousins thing is just a player i compare him to as long as he puts in 100% he'll be a star.

i know polak is only young but i think he is better suited to the forward line and he'll take richo's spot as the key forward, just my personal opinion.

thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:33 PM »
i know polak is only young but i think he is better suited to the forward line and he'll take richo's spot as the key forward, just my personal opinion.
That would solve the problem of who is heir to Richo.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd