Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300511 times)

Gigantor

Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1155 on: August 30, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
if we don't win the clearances then Ellis wont dominate..hes a true outside mid and relies un the likes of cotch,miles ,getting the ball to him

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1156 on: August 30, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »
You could have him pretty easy. Due to his positive attributes.

If you only had b Ellis.

As opposed to b Ellis. Bacha. Grigg.

Was it jack dyer that said a good team can carry one squib?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1157 on: August 30, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
if we don't win the clearances then Ellis wont dominate..hes a true outside mid and relies un the likes of cotch,miles ,getting the ball to him

Yep

Not everyone needs to be inside. Out of the 21

Gaff @ wce
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1158 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
I actually thought Brandon played well. He was cleaner than most with the wet pill.
I'll admit I didn't watch him closely in the contest though.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1159 on: August 31, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »

Yep

Gaff @ wce

I don't mean to labour the point but i was actually going to use Gaff as an example of someone who is clearly an outside player who unlike Brandon still accepts contact and makes ok decisions in tight. There are plenty who can.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1160 on: August 31, 2015, 07:15:56 PM »

Yep

Gaff @ wce

I don't mean to labour the point but i was actually going to use Gaff as an example of someone who is clearly an outside player who unlike Brandon still accepts contact and makes ok decisions in tight. There are plenty who can.

sometimes, B Ellis does do this

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1161 on: August 31, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »
I actually thought Brandon played well. He was cleaner than most with the wet pill.
I'll admit I didn't watch him closely in the contest though.

That was just an illusion caused by the fact it was wet and everybody else was playing crap.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1162 on: November 02, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »
Ellis wants to become a genuine midfielder rather than just an outside player.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-10-28/ellis-season-review-2015

* I guess overall, it was probably an okay year for me, I think.  I thought I started off okay, was just a bit average after that and then, middle of the year, before the bye, I found some really good form. Then I think the second half of the year was just a bit up and down. My so-called bad games this year were a bit better than last year, so there’s an improvement there.  But I expect better of myself each week. I don’t like playing poorly, I hate letting the team down.

* Last year I had a fair bit of rebound-50s and not too many inside-50s.  I think it was the opposite this year. I got a lot more of the ball in the front half and delivered it into the forward line. The coaches were pretty happy about that but overall they’d like to see me become a midfielder now, not just a wingman. I need to add a couple more strings to my bow, so it’s harder for opposition teams to try and shut me down.

* I’ll be doing a lot of contested stuff this preseason, working really closely with Cotchy and Milesy, who are the best contested-ball players in the team. Once I get that side of my game pretty consistent, I’ll be a better player and the Club will be better for it.

* It’ll be my fifth year in the system, so there are no excuses. I guess I’m one of the leaders and one of the older guys now in the group.  So I’ve got to stand up and take my game to a new level. I want to come back from the off-season break in pretty good shape, and give myself the best opportunity to smash pre-season. Work to become an inside midfielder and not just a wingman.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-10-28/ellis-hungry-to-improve

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1163 on: November 02, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
They gonna butch him up?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1164 on: November 02, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
"Cotchy and Milesy, who are the best contested-ball players in the team" Cotchin really?????? Go watch the final against the Roos again Ellis.

Well you had trade value this year, work towards that for next year please.. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1165 on: November 02, 2015, 02:13:59 PM »
"Cotchy and Milesy, who are the best contested-ball players in the team" Cotchin really?????? Go watch the final against the Roos again Ellis.

Well you had trade value this year, work towards that for next year please.. :thumbsup
We all know he had a shocker in the EF. However, overall he is up there as our best contested ball winner. His third quarter against Sydney was almost superhuman. He is both inside and outside when on song. His problem is that the opposition put guys on him who are not interested in winning their own ball. They face him at all times and scrag him every chance they have. He needs to get better at handling that but also needs his teammates to get between him and his tagger.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:18:10 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
Credit to Ellis for not talking himself up and admitting he was average :clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1167 on: November 02, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »
I could live with him being a purely outside squib if he could get back his marking ability that deserted him last year and the penetrating long kicks we haven't seen for at least two years. Still prime trade bait for mine though.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1168 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

Come on WA!
You are better than that.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1169 on: November 02, 2015, 04:34:30 PM »
Ellis is a moron and it's not his fault.

He's just a dumbass.

As such - F H O !!
Caracella and Balmey.