Author Topic: Free Music  (Read 3589 times)

Ox

Free Music
« on: December 12, 2004, 04:14:59 PM »
Found this ;

"Been downloading any modern music from the net that doesn't play but takes just as long to download ?

: I have about 1500 mp3's - many from Kazaa -and I've only very recently experienced this problem and only with supported releases eg. Velvet Revolver
. I strongly believe that the record companies are trying to undermine the reputation of Kazaa by sharing deliberately corrupted mp3's/wma's/etc. The solution that has worked for me has been to avoid downloading any file listed as being available from multiple users, instead choosing those listed to (say) just one username. I'm guessing that the record companies employees are posting versions of the same corrupt file, hence "60 users" of a given title? This problem is nothing to do with bitrates - just open a corrupt file in a good quality sound editor with intrinsic "ignore" values for variable bitrates and you'll still get that static screech. "

One for the bands I say.

Fukken brilliant counter-punch boys.  :thumbsup :scream

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Free Music
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 04:34:36 PM »
Yeah I was experiencing the same problem. Prikks. How dare they interrupt my music siphoning which threatens to bring the music industry down to its knees.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:57:43 PM »
I feel not for the generic writers ala American Idol but the bands who write and play their ars off live
only to be pumped by the big hand of the internet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 02:48:28 AM »
There's a brazilian lol site/radio station where you can and select and listen to literally 1000s of songs of your own choice: http://letras.terra.com.br/
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd