Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 925281 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2730 on: January 19, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »
Anyone know how Casserly, Corrie & Keddell are going for that last rookie spot? Haven't seen or heard anything on them.

Word is that Cass is a shoe-in.

Good to see a pic of Astbury, the claims of him putting on a stone look to be valid.

Big Grif - monster thighs and calves.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2731 on: January 20, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »
7 more pics from yesterday from the Herald-Sun website.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gallery-e6frf9o6-1225991269021?page=1

gerkin greg

« Reply #2732 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

Thought as much

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2733 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »
Anyone know how Casserly, Corrie & Keddell are going for that last rookie spot? Haven't seen or heard anything on them.

That would fit in with the midyear rumour from last year.

Welcome to OER by the way DD.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2734 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »
Cheers MT. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2735 on: January 21, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
The boys have been stuffing their faces at lunch today after training according to Mitch Morton on twitter.

"Chilling at Boheme in richmond with @sgrigg88 , Nahas. McGuane and King. Real motley crew assembled. Training extremely hard big feed needed"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2736 on: January 24, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
The next open training sessions are:

Tuesday January 25 - 10.00am, Punt Road Oval

Wednesday January 26 - 8.00am, Punt Road Oval (Majority of senior players)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Join the Tigers on Australia Day (RFC)
« Reply #2737 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »
Join the Tigers on Australia Day
richmondfc.com.au
5:39 PM Mon 24 Jan, 2011

Tiger fans have a great chance to get up close and personal with their favourite players at the club’s Australia Day training session on Wednesday. The autograph and photo opportunities post-training will be complemented by a free BBQ and great specials at the Tiger Den.

Training on Australia Day commences at 8am at the ME Bank Centre at Punt Road Oval. The free BBQ will commence shortly afterwards. Richmond supporters will also get 20% off the club’s retro range while Kooga Members’ Caps will be just $9.95 on the day.

It will also be a great chance for fans to renew or purchase a membership for 2011. As part of the club’s Operation 10,000 campaign, anyone that refers a new member to the Club before the end of January will go into the draw to have lunch with former Tiger great Matthew Richardson.

Season 2011 draws closer - make sure you are a part of the build up!

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106948/default.aspx

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2738 on: January 24, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »
Should be fun!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2739 on: January 24, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Should be fun!

Not at 8.00am in the morning  :rollin

I'll be doing this  :sleep :sleep

Oh I'll give a free plug - yiu can also pick up a member's KooGa polo from the Tiger Den as well - they are great  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2740 on: January 24, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »
8am?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2741 on: January 24, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2742 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »
I'll be there. I have a 2 yo.

Haha, nice work. ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2743 on: January 25, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »
I went to down to training today as 8am tomorrow is way too early  :sleep  ;D. Thanks to our trains  ::) I missed the first 30 mins or so so I didn't see them do much as far as actual drills. The mids were on the far side of the ground when I arrived and were working on body strength pushing and wrestling in pairs. Tuesdays are meant to be a skills session so they weren't doing any game based drill.

Talk that we have hardly any injuries isn't quite right. Jacko is still 2 weeks away due to his hamstring tendonitis. He was expected back into full training by Christmas but it has taken longer. Jacko himself was fairly pragmatic about it and reckons he'll be like Cuz and as long as he's right to go round 1 he'll get through the season. Gus is still having trouble with his foot and was in the rehab group. He also had both thumbs bandaged but that might be just to protect them. Mitch Farmer said he is still injured (he didn't say what it was) although I've got a pic of him with the midfield group.

On the positive size both Foley and Cotch are fine and in full training. Cotch went off before I arrived which gave my friends a bit of a shock but he came back out and when a friend said she was worried about him Cotch overheard her and said "Hey I'm fine"  ;D. Axel won't play in Darwin or the first NAB Cup game. Reece Conca has joined in full training within the past week.

Lids is now massive across the shoulders (hopefully he can pass the secret onto his teammates). They were doing some defensive spoiling drills a friend said with the aim to just punch the ball across the boundary. Lids however not knowing his own strength got a fist to the ball and it ended up over the fence and onto Punt Road with two cars hitting the footy before a cop car passing by picked it up and came in and returned it  :lol. Jack is freaking bigger than you think too when you stand next to him.

I took a couple of pics which I'll add in a tick with the ones from slatteryimages.

Edit: I forgot to add Cass and the trial rookies are still training with us. I didn't recognise the other two though. Cass said he is finally over his hamstring probs which plagued him in his first stint at Richmond. The Irish boy training with us Rohan Steed (sp?)  was also there today. We only recognised him after one of the ones in our group asked for his autograph and you couldn't miss the accent lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2744 on: January 25, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
Thanks mt, look forward to the pics.

:thumbsup
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do