Author Topic: Official Team for Round 12  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Team for Round 12
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
why is white too small? he hardly ever looses a one on one contest for the ball.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »
Yes it is. When you are drafting a mid you want him to he 6"2. Deledio. Ryan griffin are good size. Times have changed I think conca was the same size as jack dyer??

Ok, I'll bite.  Why stop at 6'2"?  I would prefer all my mids to be 6'6" minimum - no stopping those goliaths hey?  And going back to the original point, Conca and Cotchin should have been included in the "too many smalls" argument then?  And I guess Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Sharrod Wellingham and Heath Shaw are too many "smalls" for Collingwood?  And Geelong must be lucky to get away with carrying so many smalls - Josh Hunt, James Kelly, Joel Selwood?  Mathew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Shaun Higgins, Mark Le Cras, Mathew Priddis, Paul Bevan, Jude Bolton, Daniel Hannebery, Jarrad McVeigh and the list goes on.  Wonder how on earth any of these clubs manage to win games with such a bevy of "smalls" rotating through the midfield?  Pity the poor player under 6 foot, obviously no place for them in today's midfield.

Crock of crap.  A good player is what you want to draft, regardless of height.

gerkin greg

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »
Hislop aint a small dude

can tell you, was standing beside him recently, he aint tall

yeah but you're a massive pr...  ;) ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
Farmer has been terrriblllle - may cost us the match this move - stay tuned.

I really dont get this Farmer thing. He's been a plodder at best for coburg then got elevated ahead of players like webberley who have been in the bests regularly, has been WOEFUL at senior level and they still keep him in - at least drop him and bring him back when hes bloody fit. Absolute joke he's in the squad

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
why is white too small? he hardly ever looses a one on one contest for the ball.

the Irishman made him look like a women in that 1v1 contest on hbf.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »
If I was talking a crock of crap a fortunato caruso. Duel tac BF winner would have got drafted first round, or got drafted in general. Being the best football but by and large too small.  

Conca and cotchin are classed as mid siZe not tall mids but not short like your white. Nahas. Hicks. Etc types. It's easier to get drafted at 185cm ish than less 180

Yes it is. When you are drafting a mid you want him to he 6"2. Deledio. Ryan griffin are good size. Times have changed I think conca was the same size as jack dyer??

Ok, I'll bite.  Why stop at 6'2"?  I would prefer all my mids to be 6'6" minimum - no stopping those goliaths hey?  And going back to the original point, Conca and Cotchin should have been included in the "too many smalls" argument then?  And I guess Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Sharrod Wellingham and Heath Shaw are too many "smalls" for Collingwood?  And Geelong must be lucky to get away with carrying so many smalls - Josh Hunt, James Kelly, Joel Selwood?  Mathew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Shaun Higgins, Mark Le Cras, Mathew Priddis, Paul Bevan, Jude Bolton, Daniel Hannebery, Jarrad McVeigh and the list goes on.  Wonder how on earth any of these clubs manage to win games with such a bevy of "smalls" rotating through the midfield?  Pity the poor player under 6 foot, obviously no place for them in today's midfield.

Crock of crap.  A good player is what you want to draft, regardless of height.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
Farmer has been terrriblllle - may cost us the match this move - stay tuned.

I really dont get this Farmer thing. He's been a plodder at best for coburg then got elevated ahead of players like webberley who have been in the bests regularly, has been WOEFUL at senior level and they still keep him in - at least drop him and bring him back when hes bloody fit. Absolute joke he's in the squad

Played well on Sunday. One of our best. Missed a heap of training and now he's getting fit. Kicks the cover off it and the MC seem to like him.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
If I was talking a crock of crap a fortunato caruso. Duel tac BF winner would have got drafted first round, or got drafted in general. Being the best football but by and large too small.  

Conca and cotchin are classed as mid siZe not tall mids but not short like your white. Nahas. Hicks. Etc types. It's easier to get drafted at 185cm ish than less 180

And if Fort Caruso had been a younger mid in today's draft then I've got no doubt he would have been picked and most likely succeeded.  All clubs have learnt some valuable lessons in looking at those in the 2nd tier comps that didn't quite fit the mould come draft time.  Took the blinkers off is what they have done, something that others might need to do.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »

the Irishman made him look like a women in that 1v1 contest on hbf.

So one incident against a player who also hardly loses a one on one contest makes my statement wrong?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »

what has changed from today to the time fort was overlooked in the draft/s?

And if Fort Caruso had been a younger mid in today's draft then I've got no doubt he would have been picked and most likely succeeded.  All clubs have learnt some valuable lessons in looking at those in the 2nd tier comps that didn't quite fit the mould come draft time.  Took the blinkers off is what they have done, something that others might need to do.

gerkin greg

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
So one incident against a player who also hardly loses a one on one contest makes my statement wrong?

He lost more than one 1-on-1 on Sunday  ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »
didnt loose too many as he didnt get involved in many at all  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »

what has changed from today to the time fort was overlooked in the draft/s?

The clubs weren't looking too deeply at the 2nd tier players until the last couple of years.  A hell of a lot of good players never got the chance because of that short-sightedness.  Just like disregarding mids because they are too short.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »
 :laugh: