Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167826 times)

the claw

Re: Pick 33: Liam McBean
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »
when i look at mcbean i see more a zac clarke than a ivan maric.
in all seriousness i can see him being nothing more than a kpp which is okay by me but it wont help our ruck stocks, which is why we took him with a second rnd pick.
in fact im almost tempted to pencil him in as kpd now but that would be unfair on both the player and the club.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 02:07:49 AM »
na

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 07:56:20 AM »
in all seriousness i can see him being nothing more than a kpp which is okay by me but it wont help our ruck stocks, which is why we took him with a second rnd pick.
in fact im almost tempted to pencil him in as kpd now but that would be unfair on both the player and the club.

Cheers when you finish with the crystal ball, please pass it around :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »

Cheers when you finish with the crystal ball, please pass it around :lol
i will keep my crystal ball thanks seems to work pretty well most of the time. ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McBean joins Tigers .... (Moonee Valley Leader)
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »
McBean joins Tigers

Patrick Lane
    November 29, 2012

The 203cm St Bernard's College graduate knew he'd land somewhere, but just what colours he'd be sporting by night's end was a mystery to him.

The first round came and went and McBean, his heart racing, was none the wiser.

But when Richmond was called to the microphone McBean didn't need to wait for his name, the numerical identification was all it took to send a loungeroom of family and friends into a spin.

McBean, of Aberfeldie, would be joining great mate and former Calder Cannons player Brandon Ellis at his beloved Tigers.

"I'm absolutely rapt. It still hasn't set in," McBean said hours after the draft.

"When Richmond's pick came (pick 33) along I'd memorised my ID and as soon as the last three numbers were read out everyone just jumped up and down.

"I started crying. I really couldn't believe it."

A member of the yellow-and-black army long before he was touted a future Tiger, McBean is well equipped to spin a yarn on Richmond's hopes, not just as a fan but as a player.

"They're on the up," he said. "I'm stoked to be joining such a good environment and I've been a Richmond fan since the day I was born.

"Next year will be a very exciting year for the club. After some of the results they've posted this year we are certainly on the up.

"I've been very excited about the direction they're taking for a long time and I'm just stoked to be a part of it."

Richmond recruiting manager Francis Jackson toed a similar line, telling the club's media unit McBean had the attributes to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

"He is a highly rated young developing ruckman who has also been a member of the AIS-AFL Academy in 2011 and 2012," he said.

"Liam's strengths are his abilities to read the flow of the game and get to many contests with his running ability."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/mcbean-joins-tigers/story-fn53khk2-1226526374084

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
VIDEO: Newy gets to know new recruit Liam McBean up in Cairns and we find out his favourite Tigers growing up ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/506424/default.aspx
pretty good frame to work with just quietly :clapping

This is going way too far....
Thought id throw that one in for the seagulls :lol....he ll be right though, richo was a skinny bugga when he started...and whoa he was a man mountain in the end :shh

And don't forget Luke McGuane too. He was a skinny runt and now look at........nah forget it. Bad comparison.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
It brings me to tears when these lads , supporters of the y&b all their lives, live the dream...what a story :clapping

Ruanaidh

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
It brings me to tears when these lads , supporters of the y&b all their lives, live the dream...what a story :clapping
Yes Bo....and even moreso when they convey a real confidence in the direction our team is heading.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »
You know what brings a tear to my eye?  cutting onions. Or .. when I have been cutting up chilli and I forget and rub my eyes, that will do it too.
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 06:17:51 PM »
You know what brings a tear to my eye?  cutting onions. Or .. when I have been cutting up chilli and I forget and rub my eyes, that will do it too.

Try taking a leak after cutting chilli, that'll get the tear ducts working

Ruanaidh

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »

:lol....I did exactly the same thing one day....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
Back to the topic please people........

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2012, 09:04:07 AM »
Well if he does turn out a decent player at lease we will have a 90% chance of keeping him..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »

lol, been there done that :lol...wasnt funny at the time, just about needed the damn fire hose

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
Chilli makes me chuck until I've got nothing left to throw up but stomach lining....capsicum has that effect too.