Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167821 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #735 on: July 10, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »
Must be persisted with....more he plays the better he'll get....worked harder than Vickery has since the Sydney match last year...and probably before that too....even shepherded through a goal....anyone remember the last tine Vickery or Griffiths for that matter, did that?

Should've played more in the ruck too....looked the best of the three IMO... more natural & competitive than Griffiths and didn't put it down the throats of the opposition like Hamspud does.

I like him as the second ruck as he does tap it to advantage. He was clearly pushed around in the ruck contests early and i think the coaching staff got spooked by this so he spend more time forward the longer the game went. I would prefer Griffiths to play forward and deep which would allow Liam to be the second ruck as he is good around the contest. He just needs to be aggressive and competitive from today forward.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #736 on: July 10, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »

Should've played more in the ruck too....looked the best of the three IMO... more natural & competitive than Griffiths and didn't put it down the throats of the opposition like Hamspud does.

Interesting comment this and having been at the game I thougt he was lost  when he went in to ruck. Looked terrible to be honest. A friend I go to the footy with who is never critical of players even said he looked clueless and asked why bother putting him in the ruck?

I ask this not to be smart but because (and I say this alot) things you see on TV can be totally different to what you see at the game. were you at the game?

I thought his 3rd qtr was the best of a pretty average game.  Will be interested to see what shows up on the replay.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #737 on: July 10, 2016, 10:07:23 AM »
Better than Vickery
Will come good
Need to persist
Ty has has plenty of chances

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #738 on: July 10, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »
Must be persisted with....more he plays the better he'll get....worked harder than Vickery has since the Sydney match last year...and probably before that too....even shepherded through a goal....anyone remember the last tine Vickery or Griffiths for that matter, did that?

Agreed. I thought he looked okay I'm the ruck but then again I'm comparing him to others in our side which might be a little misleading.

I like him as the second ruck as he does tap it to advantage. He was clearly pushed around in the ruck contests early and i think the coaching staff got spooked by this so he spend more time forward the longer the game went. I would prefer Griffiths to play forward and deep which would allow Liam to be the second ruck as he is good around the contest. He just needs to be aggressive and competitive from today forward.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #739 on: July 10, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »
and didn't put it down the throats of the opposition like Hamspud does.

Yeah he did a couple of times. None as bad as Hampsons two efforts thought

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #740 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:13 AM »
McBean is the perfect example of why you would get rid of our strength and conditioning team.
4th year at the club and still looks like he's never been in the weights room.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #741 on: July 10, 2016, 12:31:46 PM »
McBean is the perfect example of why you would get rid of our strength and conditioning team.

:clapping

Yes i made the comment to a friend last night needs to eat few (dozen) hamburgers
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:11:16 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #742 on: July 10, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »
Core strength is what he needs to work on...don't expect him to ever develop cannons & tree trunks...is just gangly like Fletcher, who took years to get any kind of definition....

Interesting comment this and having been at the game I thougt he was lost  when he went in to ruck. Looked terrible to be honest. A friend I go to the footy with who is never critical of players even said he looked clueless and asked why bother putting him in the ruck?

I ask this not to be smart but because (and I say this alot) things you see on TV can be totally different to what you see at the game. were you at the game?

I thought his 3rd qtr was the best of a pretty average game.  Will be interested to see what shows up on the replay.

Yes I was at the game. McBean will be a better ruckman than Hamspud and already is a more natural looking one than Griffiths & Vickery. Now none of those things actually mean he is or will ever be a good ruck, nonetheless, I think he has the makings to be a handy second ruck at worst.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #743 on: July 10, 2016, 01:40:45 PM »

Yes i made the comment to a friend lst noght needs to eat few (dozen) hamburgers

It might surprise a few here ( ;)) that some people don't have much of a propensity to put weight on, even if they're in the gym 24/7.  You can become much stronger without actually adding much muscle mass.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #744 on: July 10, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »
Yes i made the comment to a friend lst noght needs to eat few (dozen) hamburgers
It might surprise a few here ( ;)) that some people don't have much of a propensity to put weight on, even if they're in the gym 24/7.  You can become much stronger without actually adding much muscle mass.
Yet to see him use any strength,he plays like a flanker most of the time and still hasn't learnt to use his 2 metre frame the way most talls would.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #745 on: July 10, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »
Agree with the comment about poor conditioning team. Liam needs to take some of the responsibility. My Dogs mate said he looked to have smarts but physically a mile away, needs a really big pre season in him, this should have happened 1st and 2nd year at the club.

Hope he gets a long run in the team, need to see how he goes when he adjusts to speed of the game. Looks a tad slow at VFL level so AFL was always going look a bit '1 geared'. No worse than what Ty has dished up this year. Give him all the chances possible before making a call at end of year. Might be able to get something decent at trade table if he shows improvement.
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #746 on: July 11, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
Yet to see him use any strength,he plays like a flanker most of the time and still hasn't learnt to use his 2 metre frame the way most talls would.
He needs to learn how to throw that two metres of balsa wood frame around you reckon? :cheers
In all seriousness he is always going to be thin but he can be strong as stuff still, snake was like that. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #747 on: July 11, 2016, 06:07:11 PM »
Liam McBean 202 cm 94 kg
Joe Daniher 201 cm 94 kg

so what are our conditioning and development coaches doing?

SFA IMHO

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2016, 06:31:57 AM »
gee that is light for that height.  What is he doing, nibbling on lettuce leaves?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:04 AM »
Pimples is light for that size too yet gets games

He's given a chance and not dropped when poor

As opposed to te hardwick all stars that favor a forward line of hampsons Chaplins Vickery
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus