Author Topic: Veteran list  (Read 2996 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Veteran list
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
Speaking of rookies, it will be interesting who we pick up. The last two years Miller got the elevation. If it's down to four spots and provided we have two free spots, I wonder how the club will go about. Will we rookie a mature age or project ruck? Unless we draft one then I assume so, and then what? Another midfielder? We have a line of KPs (quality subjective) and Darrou already with a year under his belt, and a young mid may develop quicker. Then who does everyone think will get promoted? Remembering a rookie ruck could be elevated at will if needed should one of our rucks go down. May we get a good look at Verrier this year?
I can't remember if it was Cameron or Hartley or someone else from the Club but it was alluded that we'd be after ready-made players (eg: from state leagues) for our rookie list.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
Is Edwards going on the senior or rookie list? With all the talk about picking up experienced rookies you would think Edwards would be a rookie. A player who was about to be delisted by north. A depth player who will come in for an injured tall forward

gerkin greg

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »
Nah he's needed straight away so Post can develop for another year

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
Speaking of rookies, it will be interesting who we pick up. The last two years Miller got the elevation. If it's down to four spots and provided we have two free spots, I wonder how the club will go about. Will we rookie a mature age or project ruck? Unless we draft one then I assume so, and then what? Another midfielder? We have a line of KPs (quality subjective) and Darrou already with a year under his belt, and a young mid may develop quicker. Then who does everyone think will get promoted? Remembering a rookie ruck could be elevated at will if needed should one of our rucks go down. May we get a good look at Verrier this year?

I still won't be at all shocked if they rookie BrownE.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »

I have a feeling they will

dwaino

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
Is Edwards going on the senior or rookie list? With all the talk about picking up experienced rookies you would think Edwards would be a rookie. A player who was about to be delisted by north. A depth player who will come in for an injured tall forward

Senior list. You cannot trade for rookies.

Me either. In all honesty he's probably best available and ready to go.

Nah he's needed straight away so Post can develop for another year

:lol

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Including Knights, Chaplin and Edwards we'll have 35 on the senior list. Then put newman on veterans list and we have 4 vacancies on senior list for national draft. Would like to see Post given at least 1 year. Has just as much potential as Griffiths, Astbury and Derrickx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »

I have a feeling they will

I would be very surprised

if they keep DerrickX (which looks likely) then I reckon it wont happen

think they will rookie a mature age ruckman
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »
Yep, another four years in the system and we might be able to make a call on Postie.