Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902739 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3855 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3856 on: August 21, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
He is our number 1 player end of story.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3857 on: August 21, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
Good on Dusty for improving this facet of his game. I have real concerns about our pressure though and Dusty's average being comfortably the lowest in that table certainly reflects this.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3858 on: August 21, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »
Match winner, best we have, end of story.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3859 on: August 21, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
Guy, is an absolute GUN!!!
Thought he wanted to go and thought he was going to go, then when he stayed I thought, far out he wanted to go and I doubt he will play his best footy now that he wanted to leave.
DID HE PROVE ME WRONG!!! GUN!!!!
Will kick 4 maybe 5 tomorrow.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3860 on: August 21, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »
Guy, is an absolute GUN!!!
Thought he wanted to go and thought he was going to go, then when he stayed I thought, far out he wanted to go and I doubt he will play his best footy now that he wanted to leave.
DID HE PROVE ME WRONG!!! GUN!!!!
Will kick 4 maybe 5 tomorrow.

Said many, many times as most on here know he never, ever wanted to leave the RFC. To suggest otherwise is wrong.

His manager shopped him around like piece of rib eye steak, gave him some horrendous advice but the kid himself never wanted to leave and was never going to
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #3861 on: August 21, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
Agree WP he didn't want to leave , BUT at the B&F or season launch, he did take responsibility for the whole sordid episode & even said he instigated the GWS visit

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3862 on: August 21, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »
Agree WP he didn't want to leave , BUT at the B&F or season launch, he did take responsibility for the whole sordid episode & even said he instigated the GWS visit

Was there that night and yes he took the rap for all of it, BUT that was in part to take the heat off his manager.

Can assure you that the idea of visting/speaking to other clubs was driven by his manager. No doubt about it from where I type  ;) ;D

in the end it really doesn't matter now as he is a Tiger

I just get annoyed when people still bring up he wanted to leave, because I know that isn't/wasn't the case
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #3863 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »
I followed that entire saga pretty closely and it was clear in the aftermath he never wanted to leave. RFC handled it beautifully, called the bluff and we got him for the fair market price and not overs. Shame his manager treated him like such a commodity but you can't hold it against them overly for wanting their moneys worth.

Every other club knew or suspected it was a ruse, I'll never forget Leon Cameron being interviewed and stating that clearly "Yellow and Black were in the eyes". I still almost choke up thinking about it.

Dusty = Yellow and Black warrior. I'll never hold that rubbish against him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3864 on: August 21, 2015, 04:07:20 PM »

Was there that night and yes he took the rap for all of it, BUT that was in part to take the heat off his manager.

Can assure you that the idea of visting/speaking to other clubs was driven by his manager. No doubt about it from where I type  ;) ;D

in the end it really doesn't matter now as he is a Tiger

I just get annoyed when people still bring up he wanted to leave, because I know that isn't/wasn't the case

Nothing wrong with saying you thought he was going to leave and admitting you were proven wrong

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3865 on: August 21, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
People definitely thought he either wanted to leave OR didn't deserve to be at the club because he "shopped" himself around (Ralf Carr) and as a result, we're basically saying
"stuff him. He's bad news anyway"

To you, I say this - you're idiots.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3866 on: August 30, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »
I know Dustin has had a lot of success one out in the forward line but i wouldn't mind seeing move around and at the ball carrier when they're approaching rather than just calling for it on his head and hoping to push his opponent out of the way. Would be unstoppable if he added that dimension to his forward play.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3867 on: September 05, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
Another stand out effort from Dusty last night. Really handled it well, they were at him all night and he responded the best way possible!! :clapping

"Rucks:

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3868 on: September 05, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
Another stand out effort from Dusty last night. Really handled it well, they were at him all night and he responded the best way possible!! :clapping

He was told to calm it down. He was ready to explode in rage. ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #3869 on: September 05, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
Firmly believe this man can carry us a long way in the finals.we do have lids and jack and cotch and rance but this guy can turn a game on its head in minutes..Lets see