Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 905993 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4215 on: October 18, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
Interesting to see if Marli Williams comes to us though
One of Dusty best mates

Just like having Grigg keeps Deledio here....oh wait....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4216 on: October 19, 2016, 02:10:23 PM »
Looking at how Libba is spending his time off and becoming some what of a cult figure (at least in my "circle") makes me question the reactions if Martin was to be doing the exact same things. Will probably be having the media all over him and police investigations ::)

Libba Jnr should be under police invesitgation for that haircut

Not surprisingly, Bulldogs hierarchy not happy with Libba Jnr's antics

Dunno, interview I heard one of the blokes was talking serious words but gave no indication he meant them. Was having a bit of a laugh

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4217 on: October 20, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
How stupid are the club for not signing him long term
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4218 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:25 AM »
20 quirky stats from the 2016 AFL season

Herald Sun
October 25, 2016 10:30am

DUSTIN Martin had the football world debating the merits of his best-on-ground performance against Essendon in Round 17.

Even though the Richmond midfielder was awarded three Brownlow Medal votes, the match is now infamous for Martin being ignored by former Carlton great Mark Maclure in his media votes.

Martin starred with 43 disposals but had 18 ineffective kicks, the highest ever recorded by Champion Data.

It is no surprise Martin features in the 20 quirkiest stats from the 2016 season.

5. Dustin Martin’s 18 ineffective kicks in Round 17 against Essendon is the highest tally ever

14. Dustin Martin broke 45 tackles for the season — 20 more than any other player in a single season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/20-quirky-stats-from-the-2016-afl-season/news-story/41632b9b07872f5b00658d4ffcc2e5a6

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4219 on: October 26, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Can we close the Dusty thread during off season?  I have sweaty palms every time I click on it in anticipation of what I might read he is doing with Swanny.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Footy star (Dusty)'s bikie dad wants to return to Oz (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #4220 on: December 04, 2016, 05:14:12 PM »
Footy star’s bikie dad wants to return to Oz

James O’Doherty, David Hurley and Samantha Maiden
Herald Sun
4 December 2016

THE deported bikie dad of footy star Dustin Martin has made an astonishing bid to return to Australia — by claiming he has Aboriginal heritage.

Shane Martin, 49, was booted back to his native New Zealand in March over his involvement with the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang — one of the most high-profile victims of the Federal Government’s anti-bikie blitz.

Sources last night told the Sunday Herald Sun that Aboriginal descent was not raised by Mr Martin during the deportation process.

But shortly after his return to New Zealand, Mr Martin visited his uncle, who revealed he has Aboriginal heritage.

“We got talking about family history ... and my uncle goes, ‘You know your grandmother was Aboriginal?’,” Mr Martin told Sky News.

They took documents to the Aboriginal Sobriety Group, which helped them get their claim assessed.

Dean Martin was then issued with a document titled “Confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander Descent”. Shane expects to receive his own document soon.

On his application form, Shane Martin identifies as being part of the Ngarrindjeri Aboriginal nation, and says this is accepted by Major Sumner, a Member of the Order of Australia and also a board member of the Aboriginal Sobriety Group.

Gary Paynter, another ASG board member, said the weight of evidence proved Mr Martin to be a descendant of Aboriginal Australians.

But Aboriginal descent does not provide an automatic pathway to citizenship, though Mr Martin believes his history proves his deportation was unlawful.

Mr Martin’s legal team is set to hold a meeting on Tuesday about whether their argument will stand up.

The footy star’s dad has not denied being involved with the Rebels but has said he has never broken the law.

“In 15 years I never even had a knock on the door from the police,” he said.

In March the Federal Government declared it was “at war” with outlaw motorcycle gangs and had ordered 81 foreign-born bikies out of the country.

Mr Martin had been living in Australia since he was about 20, and his family still lives here.

Dustin Martin has been visibly moved by the deportation of his dad this year, saying that it has been tough without him.

Now his father has also spoken of the toll his exile to New Zealand had taken on his family.

“You’ve got no idea what it’s done to my kids,” Shane Martin said.

“How can you be a father when you’re overseas? The only thing you’ve got to talk to your kids is a telephone.

“I’ve got a young bloke, Bronson, who went to Afghanistan and fought for Australia and then he comes home and his old man has been deported for something petty. Over nothing,”

“Fair enough if I was a sh — bag but I’m not.”

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton refused to comment on the case as it is the subject of ongoing court action.

“The cancellation decision is currently subject to judicial review by the Federal Court,’’ a spokeswoman for the minister said.

“Mr Martin has not formally advanced any claims of citizenship to the department or as part of his judicial review proceedings.”

Since being deported Mr Martin has been living in Tauranga, on the northeast coast of the North Island, close to where he grew up.
Richmond star Dustin Martin at training. Picture: Wayne Ludbey

Earlier this year his Tigers star son, Dustin, third in the 2016 Brownlow Medal count, told of his pain of playing the season without his dad on the sidelines.

“I’m very close with my dad and it’s been really tough not having him around this year,” he said.

“I’m hoping things work out and he’s back here in the near future.

“It’s affected me by not having someone close — family — around, whether it’s in the rooms after a game, or coming over to visit. He always gives me encouragement and support.

“Without him, it’s been really hard.”

Whether Mr Martin and his family will be legally considered Aboriginal Australians is unclear.

The accepted definition of Aboriginality is a three-step process. A person must be of indigenous heritage, they must genuinely identify as Aboriginal, and they must be accepted as Aboriginal by the indigenous community.

Mr Martin believes that because he is of Aboriginal heritage that makes him more Australian than many immigrants.

Simon Matthews, a Richmond spokesman, refused to comment yesterday. “It is really a matter for his family,” he said.

Earlier this year Dustin Martin and his brother begged authorities to allow their dad to return to ­Australia.

The Richmond star’s brother, Bronson, an Australian army officer who served in Afghanistan, broke down in tears on television as he described his grief at being separated from his dad.

Bronson told Channel 7 the decision was utterly unfair. “They took my dad away after I’ve put my life on the line for this country,” he said.

The drama had little effect on Martin’s on-field performance, as he finished third in this year’s Brownlow behind runaway winner Patrick Dangerfield and Swan Luke Parker.

He polled 25 votes in a career-best season. He also claimed Richmond’s best-and-fairest, the Jack Dyer Medal.

Mr Martin believes Mr Dutton should have thoroughly checked his history before ordering his deportation.

Mr Martin says his claims of Aboriginality will be a central aspect of his judicial review.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/dustin-martins-bikie-dad-claims-aboriginal-heritage-in-bid-to-return-to-australia/news-story/2687645ea82191cdabde72199a54f533

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4221 on: December 04, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
Dutton, dead set wanker.

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4222 on: December 05, 2016, 09:52:11 AM »
There is likely to be more "innocent" victims in this but the more scummy bikers weeded out the better.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4223 on: December 06, 2016, 12:17:18 AM »
There is likely to be more "innocent" victims in this but the more scummy bikers weeded out the better.

Love you to say that him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:58:20 AM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ruanaidh

« Reply #4224 on: December 06, 2016, 08:20:08 AM »
I endorse this comment :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4225 on: December 06, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »
I endorse this comment :thumbsup

You need one of these... much faster

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4226 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:47 PM »
 :banghead

SNIP

Enough with the petty insults & baiting

Back to the topic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4227 on: December 07, 2016, 05:38:04 AM »
The whaling fleet back in town? LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4228 on: December 07, 2016, 11:35:50 AM »
So apart from being in a motorcycle club, what crime is Shane Martin guilty of. Anyone?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4229 on: December 07, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »
So apart from being in a motorcycle club, what crime is Shane Martin guilty of. Anyone?
But it is a naughty motorcycle club! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.