Author Topic: Dimma's media conference 12-5-16 / No line put through finals: Hardwick  (Read 2001 times)

Gigantor

I would love us to beat Sydney more than anything,but over the course of time I have come to the conclusion that we play a very ugly brand of football,a style that to be perfectly honest I don't like watching.
Most teams have a style that we can identify them with eg the dogs and their sling shot game,the hawks and their precision delivery...yet we just labour along constantly trying new ways for a few weeks and then dispensing with it when the rest of the competition wises up...
Unfortunately Leigh Mathews saying of many years ago of....tap,tap,tapping the egg until it cracks still applies to us and that more than anything makes me so angry especially for someone who grew up in the 60s and 70s on a Richmond team that was absolutely ruthless and tuff...I think its that old chestnut that rears its head ,the culture of the place..All teams go through slumps when they are rebuilding but then they get going eg dogs,north,even the blues,,yet we achieve mediocrity and then wallow back into obscurity..............This is what the brains at Tigerland need to address I feel

As an aside I feel Dan Richo was wrong when he said Richmond supporters wouldn't be prepared to cop an 8 year re build ..At that stage we the supporter base had a gutfull of half assed rebuilds and were praying for someone to come in and do a proper one...All the club had to do was pull the supporter base in and sell it to us....LOL further to this WW2 only took 5 years to fight and win ,surely the rebuild of a football  team woudnt take 8 years ,what a crock of poo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:31:25 AM by Gigantor »

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
8 years - what a load of manure.

Go back in time when Hardwick took over in 2010 . Bulldogs and Saints were top 4.

Now the Dogs are pushing top 4 again , Saints look on track to play finals again next year.

No 8 year rebuilds for them .

There is something fundamentally wrong at Richmond.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Go back in time when Hardwick took over in 2010 . Bulldogs and Saints were top 4.

Now the Dogs are pushing top 4 again , Saints look on track to play finals again next year.

Not that I'm defending an 8 year rebuild but the thing about those teams is (outside of their better recruiting and developing) they had a decent mature crop that are still around. How many from our group played finals before our 3 consecutive losses? Hell, we barely had finals players while we were developing our current group

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

dan richardson said himself .....

we did a 4 years, list blocker rebuild instead
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus