Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 178878 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2017, 09:17:45 PM »
FFS I just seen Nank lay a tackle, what kind of bull poo was that, he shouldn't be wearing himself out doing that bullpoo

Effing worry

What about if he was needed five minutes later on in the quarter and he didn't have the energy because he was doing tackling bullpoo?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:55 PM »
 :bow

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:35 PM »
bloke is only 22 and enters yr 4. Hes a  juvenile in ruck terms.
He obviously showed all the  signs mentioned above at Sydney both on track and Neafl but none of it has translated to Afl yet.

Therein lies the problem or uncertainty. Theres been nothing to suggest he wont at some stage make a good Afl ruckman but I think we have to be patient.
 We recruited a developing ruckman who likely will take time. But like everyone thinks it would be great if he came on in leaps and bounds and replaced Hampson.Unfortunately at AFL level to date he is still behind Hampson. At the moment the only area that has been acceptable at the level is his aggression and work with out the ball.

All this = been there done that and what is of real concern is that from what little birdies have whispered to me, his selection was basically an afterthought of WTF lets do it type poo. 
If he works out it will be a bonus, but lets for once learn that for them to develop into good to top ruckman they need a base of some kind of skill that shows out from day one...havent we been down the same path a trillion times, affordeing the same excuse to the  likes of Steinfort, Biurton, Eastaugh, Browne Gus, Esler, Putt  etc....where we have waitied a decade for what was never going to happen to happen?
I have real concerns about this selection and from the info i have received re. his ability in most aspects outside this aggression is very limited and in fact ZERO...Why we allowed FJ to continue to be a part of recruiting is a complete mystery to me.  The Hampson charade is a pure desperate attempt to make right what every man and his dog knows was wrong with what we coughed up for him and this extension of 2 years for that he has provided us is complete and utter stupidity by a desperate regime wanting to delay the inevitable in the hope that the punters forget what they gave up for him and the other player we swooped on from the tankers for the same price.  Its there for all to see how desperate we are, when other teams arr building a list, we are resigning Ivvy who can harldy walk...like get real FFS
Toby has a lot more tricks in his bag other than aggression.
A lot more tricks in his bag as I said.
Will become a crowd favourite. Bookmark it.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2017, 11:19:52 PM »
FFS I just seen Nank lay a tackle, what kind of bull poo was that, he shouldn't be wearing himself out doing that bullpoo

Effing worry

What about if he was needed five minutes later on in the quarter and he didn't have the energy because he was doing tackling bullpoo?

His main issue is that he's simply not a good trainer.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »
great pick up
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
All this contested marking without using his forehead is just ridiculous

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »
He's great. Would like a little more polish with his kicking but whose splitting hairs?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »
I agree, he should be bringing the ball to the ground more often.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »
He's great. Would like a little more polish with his kicking but whose splitting hairs?

he reminds me of Ivan when at his peak. Even better with his ground level efforts.

thank stuff we never have to see hampson this year if this bloke keeps this up.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
Like Maric when he first arrived, love the hunger and aggression.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »

he reminds me of Ivan when at his peak. Even better with his ground level efforts.

thank stuff we never have to see hampson this year if this bloke keeps this up.

I did think the same thing. Just hoping he can keep it going.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
He's only 22yo, so the upside is enormous.

We just have to be realistic about this year and the chance of him getting very tired

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »
He's only 22yo, so the upside is enormous.

We just have to be realistic about this year and the chance of him getting very tired
More likely that Hampson will get tired on the nest this year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »
Nankervis boosts No.1 ruck bid

afl.com.au
5 March 2017

TOBY Nankervis has strengthened his claim on the No.1 ruck mantle at Richmond with a second successive impressive game, this time against Port Adelaide.

With Shaun Hampson yet to feature in the JLT Community Series, former Sydney ruckman Nankervis picked up 15 disposals, 22 hit-outs and kicked a goal against the Power.

His competitiveness was a plus, with an equal team-high five tackles and 10 contested possessions.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said Nankervis had plenty of room for improvement as he matured.

"I think he had the leading pressure points in the game," Hardwick said.

"He's a presence down the line. He's been a really good pick-up. He's only going to get better as a player – I think he's 22 years of age. It's really exciting for us."

Nankervis played seven games for the Swans last year as he was stuck behind Kurt Tippett, Sam Naismith and Callum Sinclair in the big-man pecking order.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-03-05/nankervis-boosts-no1-ruck-bid

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2017, 10:42:36 AM »
:snidegrin  :bow
Lots of people name their swords......