Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 178874 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #840 on: September 01, 2022, 10:36:04 PM »
Give yourself an uppercut you big buffoon.

All night you had the ruck advantage and just handed the game to Neale on a platter.

Look inward this summer.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #841 on: September 01, 2022, 11:00:50 PM »
It was the reverse of the 2017 GF. Adelaide's Jacobs kept tapping the ball down allowing Grigg to give us an extra ground level player at the stoppage. Nank did a Jacobs tonight. Predictably kept the ball within the stoppage area and allowed the Lions mids to read him and pick us off.

Aside from that, I thought Nank's poorest moment of the night as far as leadership or lack of was when he had the chance to kick a goal in the 3rd qtr and just chipped it to the goalsquare where there were two Brisbane defenders by themselves. A captain needs to take responsibility when there's no open other option and just shoot and kick the goal. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2022, 11:23:16 PM »
It was the reverse of the 2017 GF. Adelaide's Jacobs kept tapping the ball down allowing Grigg to give us an extra ground level player at the stoppage. Nank did a Jacobs tonight. Predictably kept the ball within the stoppage area and allowed the Lions mids to read him and pick us off.

Aside from that, I thought Nank's poorest moment of the night as far as leadership or lack of was when he had the chance to kick a goal in the 3rd qtr and just chipped it to the goalsquare where there were two Brisbane defenders by themselves. A captain needs to take responsibility when there's no open other option and just shoot and kick the goal. 

Should have snapped one as well. Think he missed?

Either way, probably his worst performance ever given the stakes, the clear advantage he had with O going down etc.

I think we've got the wrong captains.

I'd rather see D Rioli captain to be completely honest

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #843 on: September 01, 2022, 11:25:44 PM »
I said Vlaustin should have been captain at the start of the year and he should have been. Club got this horribly wrong

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2022, 11:28:56 PM »
I said Vlaustin should have been captain at the start of the year and he should have been. Club got this horribly wrong

Even though he has said in the last couple of days that he isnt ready/up to the captaincy ?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #845 on: September 01, 2022, 11:34:29 PM »
Still a champ but had a terrible terrible game. Wasn’t alone.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #846 on: September 01, 2022, 11:47:43 PM »

Even though he has said in the last couple of days that he isnt ready/up to the captaincy ?
he's hardly going to say he believes he should be captain.

I thought he should have and would have been named captain but really, Cotch is still the only bloke I'd fully trust with it anyway
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #847 on: September 01, 2022, 11:59:49 PM »
Nank was hopeless and his year was the same.

Back to the old days when a captain doesn’t lead by example.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #848 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:11 AM »
He had downer no doubt not excusable,  but gez the guy has won us games before with his performances bit of perspective.

Broadsword

« Reply #849 on: September 02, 2022, 01:22:00 AM »
He was a rock in the 2020 prelim against Port. Always a hero. Had a shocker. poo happens.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: September 02, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »
Worst game he’s played. Credit to Neale for being an absolute beast but stuff me dead he had it given to him on a silver platter ! If nank didn’t tap it to him he grabbed it out of the ruck and hand balled to the ground or a player under immense pressure. Complete failure of a performance and a chance to dominate with the big o out

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #851 on: September 02, 2022, 08:32:21 AM »
Had an absolute mare.

As Captain he had to stand up, as the only recognised ruckman out there he needed to stand up.

His gifting of clearances to Neale was embarrassing

Was never a fan of the dual captains. Even less so now.

We need to get our leadership right next season.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: September 02, 2022, 08:51:43 AM »
Had an absolute mare.

As Captain he had to stand up, as the only recognised ruckman out there he needed to stand up.

His gifting of clearances to Neale was embarrassing

Was never a fan of the dual captains. Even less so now.

We need to get our leadership right next season.

So what do you think the solution is re leadership?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #853 on: September 02, 2022, 09:01:54 AM »

Both captains have struggled this year. I honestly believe the captaincy has impacted their form. So considering that I'd rather have both playing great footy without the weight of Captaincy

I think we need to appoint a young Captain, someone who can hold the position for a 5 or so years. Give them time to grow into the role like Cotchin did.

As we have a new group coming my through together the time seems right to me at least to bring a young Captain through with the regenerated list

I hope Cotchin goes around again to mentor our next leader.

That's how I'd like us to go
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:39:54 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #854 on: September 02, 2022, 10:35:59 AM »

Both captains have struggled this year. I honestly believe the captaincy has impacted their form. So considering that I'd rather have both playing great footy without the weight of Captaincy

I think we need to appoint a young Caprain, someone who can hold the position for a 5 or so years. Give them time to grow into the role like Cotchin did.

As we have a new group coming my through together the time seems right to me at least to bring a young Captain through with the regenerated list

I hope Cotchin goes around again to mentor our next leader.

That's how I'd like us to go

I don’t disagree with you but IMO we just don’t have any obvious choices. People might say Graham but I don’t think he impacts games enough and I don’t know about his vocal leadership. Rioli’s name has come up but because of 1 good season? Not for me. I see these two captains as fill ins until a young player steps up into the role which could very well be Graham but not yet