Author Topic: Who gets the Rookie spots?  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who gets the Rookie spots?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
Thomas was really good on the weekend. Racked up getting clearances. On that form I'd play him ahead of Foley.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
Miles for sure! Not sure about the second one. Thomas was good but I'd like to see him go around again before I'd lock him in.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »
Yes Thomas should upgraded -   if we are in truly desperate need of a new whipping boy.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
Yes Thomas should upgraded -   if we are in truly desperate need of a new whipping boy.
Why would you say that ?  He's a very ordinary kick of the ball that's for sure but hard nutted clearance machines don't usually become whipping boys. It's your pea hearts like McMahon , Tivva and Houli who are the easy targets
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »
Why would you say that ?  He's a very ordinary kick of the ball that's for sure but hard nutted clearance machines don't usually become whipping boys. It's your pea hearts like McMahon , Tivva and Houli who are the easy targets

Hard as a horses head or soft as butter, you start coughing it up like Thomas does and the supporters will soon bring out the cat o' nine tails.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

Snake eyes I take offence at you bundling in Houli and Tivva into a bag that contains McMahon.  >:( >:( Might as well have been Schapelle Corby's Boogie Board Bag  ;D

Customs Officer: "One Tibba?"
Shapelle: "That's Mine.."
Customs Officer: "One Houli?"
Shapelle: "That's Mine.."
Customs Officer: "Hmmmmmm....One McMahon???"
Shapelle Shrieks in horror: "THAT'S NOT MINE!!!"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »
Houli > Tivendale > McMahon > Grigg

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
Houli > Tivendale > McMahon > Grigg

Joyzuz you forget how bad some of our players skills were compared to our players today....

Id rather Grigg over Tivendale. Every day of the week.

At least Grigg doesnt nine iron the ball out of bounds with 8 out of every 10 kicks
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

the claw

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:38 PM »
gotta agree.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 02:24:11 AM »
Thomas looks like a ready made replacement for Tucky. Surely you must have some ability to win the Magarey medal.

Disposal might be suspect however his grunt could turn out to be the missing colour of the rainbow.
Unleash the tornado

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Big O must be a massive chance now the Ivan is out for a while.
I said it in another thread late last year but IMO on form leading into finals, Big O's ruckwork was better than Ivan's. I think given the chance Big O can do the job  for us for the first half of the year. He is underrated as a tap ruckman.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
I said it in another thread late last year but IMO on form leading into finals, Big O's ruckwork was better than Ivan's. I think given the chance Big O can do the job  for us for the first half of the year. He is underrated as a tap ruckman.

Fair call but part of the issue is I don't think you can rest him up forward, not sure he offers much outside his ruckwork TBH
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

Fair call but part of the issue is I don't think you can rest him up forward, not sure he offers much outside his ruckwork TBH
I think he is a ruckman, not a forward. I think he would rest mostly on the bench but when he has to rest forward I think he can give a good contest. May not have to many other options unfortunately, unless Griff can surprise us all.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
Should have been played off the bench last year.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »

I think he is a ruckman, not a forward. I think he would rest mostly on the bench but when he has to rest forward I think he can give a good contest. May not have to many other options unfortunately, unless Griff can surprise us all.

You're right about the options unless as you say, Griff comes up but the problem with using the bench is the new capped interchange rule - it's going to force clubs to use ruckmen as resting forwards for much longer periods of the game.  Not that I have a problem with the new rule.