Author Topic: Ivan Maric set to return for Richmond in crunch clash against Melbourne (H-Sun)  (Read 2470 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ivan Maric set to return for Richmond in crunch clash against Melbourne

JAY CLARK
Herald Sun
April 18, 2016 7:23pm

RICHMOND ruckman Ivan Maric is expected to make his return against Melbourne on Sunday night.

After two games in the VFL, after overcoming a back complaint, the veteran big man is ready to help Damien Hardwick’s men halt their run of three-straight defeats.

But Brett Deledio’s availability remains uncertain as he attempts to prove he has overcome a quad problem at training this week.

Hardwick said last week Deledio was a chance to take on the Dees but the club will be cautious not to re-aggravate the problem that has dogged the gun ball-user since the end of the preseason.

Deledio has been running fine and last week was able to kick the football without any problems, turning a corner in his recovery, according to Hardwick

Neither Deledio or Maric have played a senior game this season, with Richmond slumping to 1-3 without the key pair.

But the duo’s return would give the club a huge personnel boost when the Tigers meet the much-improved Demons at the MCG.

Melbourne will also welcome back speedster Jeff Garlett from an ankle injury and half-back Bernie Vince from suspension.

Vince missed the win over Collingwood on Sunday but was put through a punishing running session as a replacement.

Richmond recruit Chris Yarran is still at least five weeks away from returning from foot surgery, according to the Tigers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/ivan-maric-set-to-return-for-richmond-in-crunch-clash-against-melbourne/news-story/f435ded2573992ef43206377884017a4

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ivan on Ch 7 news last night said his body is feeling good. He's just waiting for Dimma to let him play and asked the reporter where Dimma was  ;D.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Gunna be a tough job up against Gawn, one thing is Ivy will give his all. Hope the rest of the midfield can do the same?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Whether people want to agree or not Maric in is a massive in for us

We are a better side when he is out there

I am unwavering in my belief that we would not have lost against the Pies if Maric was playing, such is his importance as a leader and being able to step up and marshal our mids
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Of course he is a "massive in" as Deledio will be, but gee when a team has to and I mean has to rely on two players to win games such as the Pies game (which you cannot possibly say we would have won with him in) then we are in trouble. :help

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:05:54 AM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Big Ivvy the Mike Brearley of RFC?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
I like Maric too but he didn't help us win the EF.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I like Maric too but he didn't help us win the EF.
Gets monster by tall ruckmen at the centre bounces where he can't use his body properly.
Goldstein gave North's mids an armchair ride.
A bit worried about Gawn this week. Ivy can't jump and is 11cm shorter. When you factor in Gawn's longer arms and his leap he'd be getting at least 30cm above Ivan for the tap. That's a huge disadvantage. :help
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Whether people want to agree or not Maric in is a massive in for us

We are a better side when he is out there

I am unwavering in my belief that we would not have lost against the Pies if Maric was playing, such is his importance as a leader and being able to step up and marshal our mids

He's really the ONLY leader
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
 :pullhair..........so now he's not going to be of any benefit because he is too short and he was crap in the EF??... :help

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
:pullhair..........so now he's not going to be of any benefit because he is too short and he was crap in the EF??... :help
No. He's a great leader and inspiration. He tells players how to structure up. He provides physicality.
His advantages far outweigh the disadvantage he has of being "too short".

We are still a better team with Ivan in the side.

Get with it WAT! ;D

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
No. He's a great leader and inspiration. He tells players how to structure up. He provides physicality.
His advantages far outweigh the disadvantage he has of being "too short".

We are still a better team with Ivan in the side.

Get with it WAT! ;D

:snidegrin

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Of course he is a "massive in" as Deledio will be, but gee when a team has to and I mean has to rely on two players to win games such as the Pies game (which you cannot possibly say we would have won with him in) then we are in trouble. :help

Yeah no way Maric would have saved us from that massive drubbing we had by Collingwood. I'd keep Hampson in because he was the only one out there trying to win us the game, evident by his smother attempt on the goal line where Grundy came in and kicked the sealer

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Gawn will monster Skivvy Ivvy  :(
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Yeah no way Maric would have saved us from that massive drubbing we had by Collingwood. I'd keep Hampson in because he was the only one out there trying to win us the game, evident by his smother attempt on the goal line where Grundy came in and kicked the sealer

Regardless of how he played I heard Hampson trained really well before the game