Author Topic: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC  (Read 4371 times)

Rampstar

Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »
Just wanted to officially welcome back a long lost friend of the RFC over the last 3 years - so its a big welcome back to Short Cut City.

Great player is short cut problem is he has never worked out in the past and doubt anything will change this time.

So for Hardwick and Cameron this is it. The big play ... no finals gentlemen and you should both be at CENTRELINK at the end of 2013. Finals or the unemployment queue. What a shame the club has gotten this desperate. Anyway good luck to all the players.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »
Over reacting, they are all rookie picks. You wanna call up unknown kids to play if we have injuries like we had to this year with O'Hanlon etc.

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
Dont mind Lonergan and Petterd, reckon Petterd is talented and could be a 3rd tall foil. Not happy about big O though but its done now

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Dont mind Lonergan and Petterd, reckon Petterd is talented and could be a 3rd tall foil. Not happy about big O though but its done now
Was either Wood or the Big O.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
Just wanted to officially welcome back a long lost friend of the RFC over the last 3 years - so its a big welcome back to Short Cut City.

Great player is short cut problem is he has never worked out in the past and doubt anything will change this time.

So for Hardwick and Cameron this is it. The big play ... no finals gentlemen and you should both be at CENTRELINK at the end of 2013. Finals or the unemployment queue. What a shame the club has gotten this desperate. Anyway good luck to all the players.
:
LoL.Talk about over reaction to a rookie draft..What superstars would you have taken? :lol :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Over reacting, they are all rookie picks.

This. once they would have been for our first rounders!

gerkin greg

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »

Big O is really the only disappointment, and could have gone a less injury prone player that can at least rotate through the middle instead of Pettard but he can play when he turns up.

Offline Rockster

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
some people just need a reality check , not matter what happens its winge winge winge , reality is just what superstars where you expecting to gain out of a rookie draft , at least now we have insurance when Vickery get injured , Jake King and Jackson get suspended and as always Foley breaks down

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
This thread is ridiculous and should be closed. Ramps give yourself an uppercut.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
I would give my left nut to play finals and if these players assist in doing that it has worked. 
Good use of the Rookie Draft I believe and if players go down we will still be able to win games of footy.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
We are a young side on the cusp of making the finals so the addition of more experienced and stronger bodies at this time is prudent.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »
The major difference between now and then is our core is young and talented. We're filling the fringes with mature talent.

This is polar opposite to the wallet era when our core group was Dad's army and we were topping up with youth.

Rampstar

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
Over reacting, they are all rookie picks. You wanna call up unknown kids to play if we have injuries like we had to this year with O'Hanlon etc.

Should have gone with untried players IMHO. Anyway if we miss the finals I will be expecting the resignations of Hardwick and Cameron. No finals in 2013 is a complete and utter failure. No Excuses Now. This is their big play, they have deviated away from youth and gone down this road, its a road we have seen before and one which for 30 years has always ended in failure. I hope for us and for them that its different this time around. 

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »
Good choices for rookies I reckon. Reckon we don't plan or want to play these players but if we get an essendon type year, do we really want 4 18 year old boys being our back up to take us into finals? With the older guys we should not lose all that much if injuries were to happen and atleast be competitive

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »

Should have gone the youth route again IMHO. Anyway if we miss the finals I will be expecting the resignations of Hardwick and Cameron. No finals in 2013 is a complete and utter failure. No Excuses Now. This is their big play, they have deviated away from youth and gone down this road, its a road we have seen before and one which for 30 years has always ended in failure. I hope for us and for them that its different this time around.

Its hard to take youth when the youth just isn't available  :huh I believe it was a smart move taking depth with our rookie picks, at least we know what were getting!