Author Topic: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »
To be honest I think we should have tried a ruckman from a state league who was say 22 to 25yo instead of a guy who is 30. Nevertheless Im sure Stephenson will make some contribution in the event that Maric cant play all games.

Outside Hannath who we would have had to take PSD which we wanted to save the salary space to pay our good players there wasn't any.

Yeah paying Hannath min wage for an extra season would have squeezed out some of our big guns hey? Should have gone for him and at the same time put some substance into our ruck stocks. Big O for a year what a joke

Hannath has no tank and no ticker, a very one dimensional player.......Would have been better off keeping Gus or Browne than clogging the list with Hannath for two seasons.

Xman had no tank until he started applying himself halfway through the season we ended up drafting him, prior to that he made beefcake look like a conditioned athlete.
Players can change their stripes especially ruckmen from what they were at 18-20 to 22-25.
Giles was a dud at port, didnt apply himself, was given another go at 22-23 and slays it now, with rucks you just dont know good they can be till 22-25 - look at Ivan. Hannath may very well be a dud like Xman but I'd rather take the long shot with a player in the age bracket that has upside rather than no upside with big O. I'd have also looked at Currie who North took at pick 60ish. Those are the types we should be churning through to find a player not stuffing 31 y/o never will be's

And look where Xman has got us! Currie would have been the mature age ruck to go for, he had been on a list before but was cut down with injury. He was by far the best preformed Ruck in the SANFL last year and deserved to be drafted. Obviously we seen more long term upside in McBean and chose not to go down the Currie path. Hannath on the other hand is a plodder not up to AFL standard IMO and there's not a snowflakes chance in hell he will get a game at Freo ;) AT least with Stephenson you know he can come in and fill a roll, he was far from disregardful in his 8 games at Geelong and at the end of the day he is only back up, he may never even play a game in anger for the club!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
Where did Hannath come from and how do you know he's soft and has no tank, TFT? You study him?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:13 PM »
Where did Hannath come from and how do you know he's soft and has no tank, TFT? You study him?

From Centrals you nuffer and as a keen Roosters supporter I seen my fair share of both Hannath and Currie this season! Anything else??

tony_montana

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
To be honest I think we should have tried a ruckman from a state league who was say 22 to 25yo instead of a guy who is 30. Nevertheless Im sure Stephenson will make some contribution in the event that Maric cant play all games.

Outside Hannath who we would have had to take PSD which we wanted to save the salary space to pay our good players there wasn't any.

Yeah paying Hannath min wage for an extra season would have squeezed out some of our big guns hey? Should have gone for him and at the same time put some substance into our ruck stocks. Big O for a year what a joke

Hannath has no tank and no ticker, a very one dimensional player.......Would have been better off keeping Gus or Browne than clogging the list with Hannath for two seasons.

Xman had no tank until he started applying himself halfway through the season we ended up drafting him, prior to that he made beefcake look like a conditioned athlete.
Players can change their stripes especially ruckmen from what they were at 18-20 to 22-25.
Giles was a dud at port, didnt apply himself, was given another go at 22-23 and slays it now, with rucks you just dont know good they can be till 22-25 - look at Ivan. Hannath may very well be a dud like Xman but I'd rather take the long shot with a player in the age bracket that has upside rather than no upside with big O. I'd have also looked at Currie who North took at pick 60ish. Those are the types we should be churning through to find a player not stuffing 31 y/o never will be's

And look where Xman has got us! Currie would have been the mature age ruck to go for, he had been on a list before but was cut down with injury. He was by far the best preformed Ruck in the SANFL last year and deserved to be drafted. Obviously we seen more long term upside in McBean and chose not to go down the Currie path. Hannath on the other hand is a plodder not up to AFL standard IMO and there's not a snowflakes chance in hell he will get a game at Freo ;) AT least with Stephenson you know he can come in and fill a roll, he was far from disregardful in his 8 games at Geelong and at the end of the day he is only back up, he may never even play a game in anger for the club!

Hannath wont get as game at Freo bc they are loaded with quality rucks, but they still saw fit to take him over big O. why is that? maybe bc they see some upside in him for when sandilands retires in a few years? obviously they reckon he can be a long term backup for their current number 2 and 3 rucks who will be 1 and 2 in a year or 2

Yeah Xman was a stuff up wo what? you have to churn through them, its a numbers game especially with rucks. If you dont take the chance you will never uncover a hidden gem. Stephenson will never improve and become a medium term player, Hannath may not either, but he has upside and has improved. Whether big O plays a few games or not will not be the difference between finals or bust imo and he certainly wouldnt carry us to finals if Ivan went down, so may as well go with a younger bloke with upside and see what happens.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

From Centrals you nuffer and as a keen Roosters supporter I seen my fair share of both Hannath and Currie this season! Anything else??

You live in Adelaide? I think not. Why spread lies about a young kid?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
But Stephenson was only recruited as depth! nothing more nothing less Just depth. We wont be trying to develope him, there is  o chance he will be the next Dean Cox but  If Ivan goes down he will fill the role as good as anyone else who was available.
If we loose Maric 6 or 7 games out of the the finals and were still tettering on the edge I know who I would rather have comming in to try and get us over the line :whistle :whistle

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
Gold avatar tony_montana  :lol :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

What?? You know I don't live there but spend most weekends in the City of Churches. I have seen more live SANFL games last year than you have in a lifetime!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
"In Internet slang, a troll ( /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

And no one does it better than Ramps.
***Cue indignant retort***
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
yeah i liked it too, it bumped ol scarface and his say hello to my little friend scene   ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
It is too early (IMO) to be putting the line thou Derickx.

Still young for a ruckman and came late to the game.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »

What?? You know I don't live there but spend most weekends in the City of Churches. I have seen more live SANFL games last year than you have in a lifetime!

Have you played in any, mate? Give it a rest.

tony_montana

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »
But Stephenson was only recruited as depth! nothing more nothing less Just depth.

waste of a list spot, we arent gunning for flags here - not yet anyway

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »

Have you played in any, mate? Give it a rest.

No but I did train with Westy's as a zone player the year before Cooney was drafted from there! I ended up playing the season out with him Flagstaff hill and winning there B&F. I was head hunted the following year by Happy Valley where I did my knee and never played again, Happy Valley won the flag that year and it still tear's at my gut to this day >:(

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
But Stephenson was only recruited as depth! nothing more nothing less Just depth.

waste of a list spot, we arent gunning for flags here - not yet anyway

Tony Just cleaned up your Avatar for you and got rid of the end few frames which made no sense  :thumbsup

Oh and I also gave it a little Bruce Lee touch.