Author Topic: Corey Ellis [merged]  (Read 143935 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 12. Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »
Ellis settles in ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-12-16/ellis-settles-in

* To be picked up [in the AFL draft] has been a dream my whole life and for it to happen and for it to be a good result like Richmond, I’m really pleased.

* Definitely like to follow Cotch around and Deledio – both midfielders – and learn some things off them which will help my game.

* 2015 goals - I want to play a few senior games at least next year.  But for that to happen, I’ve got to be training well and learning the structures and everything.

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-17/ellis-in-tigerland

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
Fumble the ball, pick it up and kick to an opposition player under pressure, c'mon, should pick up that team structure in no time :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
lids numbers are not too far behind  pendelberry and swan at all.

averaged more disposals than swan in 2014 with more 30 plus games as well as anther 3 of 29
Swan had a pretty quite year due to injury. His previous 5 seasons are a better indication. How do those number stack up? Not only that, Lids goes missing in most big games.  Swan and Pendleburry are proven big game players.
IMO lids isn't a genuine mid, plays better across half back or half forward. Don't get me wrong, Lids has been good for the RFC but he is not in that elite midfield bracket.   

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »

averaged more disposals than swan in 2014 with more 30 plus games as well as anther 3 of 29
Swan had a pretty quite year due to injury. His previous 5 seasons are a better indication. How do those number stack up? Not only that, Lids goes missing in most big games.  Swan and Pendleburry are proven big game players.
IMO lids isn't a genuine mid, plays better across half back or half forward. Don't get me wrong, Lids has been good for the RFC but he is not in that elite midfield bracket.

Agree will never be an elite midfielder

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2014, 06:52:09 PM »
ok a bone fragment is stuff all, like my daughter has a fragment of baby tooth left , tis nothing  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

i think a lot of supporters feel lids has never reached the heights he could, but he is a very good player. a classy player.

career wise he is only 3 or so possessions per game behind swan. both are down on penelbury though.

i think his inability to shake a tag and big game performance is overplayed. he had 29 touches in the port adelaide final debacle, for example.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

i think a lot of supporters feel lids has never reached the heights he could, but he is a very good player. a classy player.

career wise he is only 3 or so possessions per game behind swan. both are down on penelbury though.

i think his inability to shake a tag and big game performance is overplayed. he had 29 touches in the port adelaide final debacle, for example.

Came good after the horse had bolted and Port took the foot off....dropped his bundle like everyone else when they jumped us and were running riot.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »
Great video on the AFLPA site about Ellis on draft night. We have landed a beauty :cheers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »
Great video on the AFLPA site about Ellis on draft night. We have landed a beauty :cheers
Seems like a fantastic young man! We are in good hands in the future!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
Here's the link:

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/draft-day-with-corey-ellis/

Draft Day with Corey Ellis
By Sam McInerney
Dec 17, 2014

On the 27th of November, an 18-year-old from Keilor woke up knowing his lifelong dream of joining an AFL list was about to become reality. aflplayers.com.au was there to follow the biggest day of Corey Ellis’s football life – the day when all AFL journeys begin – draft day.

[http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/draft-day-with-corey-ellis/

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:10 PM »
If you don't think Brett Deledio has been a boom pick and an absolute gun for the RFC then please walk away from this club forever.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2014, 05:58:21 AM »
If you don't think Brett Deledio has been a boom pick and an absolute gun for the RFC then please walk away from this club forever.

No one has said that but what was said is that he is not an elite midfielder

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
Elite player, not an elite midfielder, agreed.

Carry on.  :police:
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
Here's the link:

By Sam McInerney
Dec 17, 2014

On the 27th of November, an 18-year-old from Keilor woke up knowing his lifelong dream of joining an AFL list was about to become reality. aflplayers.com.au was there to follow the biggest day of Corey Ellis’s football life – the day when all AFL journeys begin – draft day.

Fantastic vid. They should show that on tv.

Corey's dad is great. Fits in at Tigerland already with him saying "As long as Corey doesn't get drafted by Collingwood"  :lol.

Jack Riewoldt cops a lot of crap but there's no doubt he loves our club - "You're coming to a bloody good football club"  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »
Here's the link:

By Sam McInerney
Dec 17, 2014

Fantastic vid. They should show that on tv.

Corey's dad is great. Fits in at Tigerland already with him saying "As long as Corey doesn't get drafted by Collingwood"  :lol.

Jack Riewoldt cops a lot of crap but there's no doubt he loves our club - "You're coming to a bloody good football club"  :thumbsup.
That was awesome to watch.
Seems like a real down to earth family. Hope he kills it for his family and for the RFC.