Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214956 times)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »
I honestly felt that Ben didn't deserve to play AFL ever again, maybe even a bit of apathy.

Up until about 5 mins ago when i ultimitely realised that :

Yes he has stuffed up big
But
We all deserve a second chance to prove our worth, Don't we ?

We are all human and nobody is perfect.
Compassion is something severely under valued these days.

Watch the clip and you might understand where i am coming from.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=y6llaeXuWd8&feature=related

Good luck Ben !!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »
I actually hope he does get picked up as I would imagine he'll spiral out of control if he doesn't

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »
Expensive haircut if he doesn't get picked up by anyone. Cost him a few $100k in footy earnings  :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
Expensive haircut if he doesn't get picked up by anyone. Cost him a few $100k in footy earnings  :whistle.

It included a body wax as well though MT

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »
I heard today that Cousins is on his way to Essendon. ::)

bushranger

« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2008, 10:27:19 PM »
I honestly felt that Ben didn't deserve to play AFL ever again, maybe even a bit of apathy.

But

Good luck Ben !!
I watched the clip and it showed a champion footballer unlike that one walking about today. Someone who took what he did as an easy fix.
And yes all people do deserve a second chance but didn't he blow that away when he took himself down to just skin and no hair.
He has no one else to blame and I will not feel sorry if he doesn't get picked up as I think he has exhausted all before him after his little stunt.
Now back to the youtube thing it showed his good point but was he on drugs during that time to? I don't know but if he said he wasn't I wouldn't believe him.
Casue when he talks you know it is full of lies. :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »

But

Good luck Ben !!
I watched the clip and it showed a champion footballer unlike that one walking about today. Someone who took what he did as an easy fix.
And yes all people do deserve a second chance but didn't he blow that away when he took himself down to just skin and no hair.
He has no one else to blame and I will not feel sorry if he doesn't get picked up as I think he has exhausted all before him after his little stunt.
Now back to the youtube thing it showed his good point but was he on drugs during that time to? I don't know but if he said he wasn't I wouldn't believe him.
Casue when he talks you know it is full of lies. :banghead

100% Correct

should he get a second chance- Perhaps

does he deserve one- hell no

he has disgraced himself more than once and been given more than one chance. Goodbye
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:05 AM »
Yep I agree with Daniel and Bushranger.  He's had his second chance and blown it.

Moi

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
If he had shown just a teenie weeny little bit of remorse, I think clubs might look at him.
But he couldn't care less.  He's high risk, high maintenance if he's not over his problems and he's a creep.  Good footballer, yes, but only one or two years left in him.
FFS, he is just not worth it.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »
If he had shown just a teenie weeny little bit of remorse, I think clubs might look at him.
But he couldn't care less.  He's high risk, high maintenance if he's not over his problems and he's a creep.  Good footballer, yes, but only one or two years left in him.

Couldn't have said that better Moi :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »

Yep clubs don't trust Cousins. The hair and urine shananigans of the last couple weeks have turned off even clubs that were seriously considering giving him a second chance. No one will say this publicly though. Look at the Saints using an all of a sudden youth policy as an excuse while they are still going after another old bad boy in Nathan Carroll. Youth policy yeah right!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »
I'm with He's My Hero, he hasn't murdered or raped anyone. He has hurt no one but himself. He has paid his own way and he has served his 'time'.

There are a lot of judgemental people in here, why on earth would you people like to see him show remorse? What has he done to any of you, that he should have to show YOU remorse. Have you never made a mistake in your life? Will you apologise to Ben Cousins if you do?

Richmond has said nothing about this- I think that is because we are still considering him. As wayne says, there's no major sponsor to worry about, but that is precisely what I think is holding our lame @rse board back from going after him.

I would love to bolster our midfield with Cousins, depending on how the draft pans out...esp if we get Vickery, he won't be holding any kids up, he'll be gone in 2 years which holds no one up from this years draft. I would love someone to say he is holding back say a Connors- no he's not, that's what Connors needs to aspire to in terms of fitness and application to the ball, and if he misses out on a game because of it then he has to improve himself.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
I'm with He's My Hero, he hasn't murdered or raped anyone. He has hurt no one but himself. He has paid his own way and he has served his 'time'.

The people that Ben calls mates certainly have though. And Ben has helped them to do it by buying drugs from them.

[/quote]

There are a lot of judgemental people in here, why on earth would you people like to see him show remorse? What has he done to any of you, that he should have to show YOU remorse. Have you never made a mistake in your life? Will you apologise to Ben Cousins if you do?

Richmond has said nothing about this- I think that is because we are still considering him. As wayne says, there's no major sponsor to worry about, but that is precisely what I think is holding our lame @rse board back from going after him. [/quote]

Ben's drug abuse is nothing to do with Richmond. Why should they say anything about someone else's problem? We are not considering him.

[/quote]

I would love to bolster our midfield with Cousins, depending on how the draft pans out...esp if we get Vickery, he won't be holding any kids up, he'll be gone in 2 years which holds no one up from this years draft. I would love someone to say he is holding back say a Connors- no he's not, that's what Connors needs to aspire to in terms of fitness and application to the ball, and if he misses out on a game because of it then he has to improve himself.

[/quote]

Dan and the rest of our Tigers don't need to aspire to anything that Ben Cousins represents.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:17 PM »
What's sticks in my mind is the interview he had with Lyon on the Footy Show where he was asked 'why would a club want to take you Ben?' and he replied 'Well why wouldn't they?!' It just showed me the arrogance of the bloke and how self-delusionary and unremorseful he remains.

I don't think the problem is that we want him to say sorry but more-so that he wakes up to himself and realises that he has a problem, he stuffed up and he needs to show some humility and respect to the AFL world. If he did that and took the process seriously he would have clubs lining up for a player of his quality.

As it stands now though no-one dares risk picking him up because he hasn't changed his attitude so it's unlikely he has changed his habits either.

Stripes

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »
The people that Ben calls mates certainly have though. And Ben has helped them to do it by buying drugs from them.

You are drawing a long bow with that one Ekto. I buy fruit and vegetables that have run through the corrupt Melbourne Market. Does that make me party to embezzlement, theft or tax evasion?

Richmond has said nothing about this- I think that is because we are still considering him. As wayne says, there's no major sponsor to worry about, but that is precisely what I think is holding our lame @rse board back from going after him.

Ben's drug abuse is nothing to do with Richmond. Why should they say anything about someone else's problem? We are not considering him.

I was talking about Richmond has said nothing about whether they will recruit him-I agree, of course they shouldn't make comments about his problem, it has nothing to do with them. Nor the AFL. If I was suspended by my employer for 12 months, they would get nothing off me.  In fact, why should players get tested in the off season for recreational drugs at all?

Dan and the rest of our Tigers don't need to aspire to anything that Ben Cousins represents.

Yes they do -he's a premiership player and a Brownlow medallist.  

That's the difference Ekto- I'm judging him on footy, you're judging him morally, all I'm saying is that those morals aren't shared by everyone in society, and whatsmore, they make bugger all difference when you are streaming out of the centre square at the 'G at 45kph.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine