Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 215014 times)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #315 on: November 28, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
You are drawing a long bow with that one Ekto. I buy fruit and vegetables that have run through the corrupt Melbourne Market. Does that make me party to embezzlement, theft or tax evasion?

Fruit and vegies are legal tender mate. Do you know that Illicit drugs are not? I'd be especially careful about calling a commercial organisation CORRUPT too.

In fact, why should players get tested in the off season for recreational drugs at all?

It is called INTEGRITY. And they get tested throughout the whole year for illicit and prohibited drugs for sports professionals. It also helps them in later life, because illicit drugs do bad things for your body. Just ask FLO JO. OOPS, sorry you can't ask her; she is DEAD.

That's the difference Ekto- I'm judging him on footy, you're judging him morally, all I'm saying is that those morals aren't shared by everyone in society, and whatsmore, they make bugger all difference when you are streaming out of the centre square at the 'G at 45kph.

So if your girlfriend cooks you the best food, you wouldn't mind her working in a brothel because you would judge her on her efforts to keep you fed?

When my heroes such as The Flea and KB used to run through the centre of the G at 55mph the only drug that got them there was ADRENALIN, and their body made lots of that when those big blokes were chasing them and wanted to tackle them to the ground.

And I guess that you think it is ok to do 45mph in a 60kph zone in your mates car packed with eight mates?

Moi

« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »
You are drawing a long bow with that one Ekto. I buy fruit and vegetables that have run through the corrupt Melbourne Market. Does that make me party to embezzlement, theft or tax evasion?

Fruit and vegies are legal tender mate. Do you know that Illicit drugs are not? I'd be especially careful about calling a commercial organisation CORRUPT too.

In fact, why should players get tested in the off season for recreational drugs at all?

It is called INTEGRITY. And they get tested throughout the whole year for illicit and prohibited drugs for sports professionals. It also helps them in later life, because illicit drugs do bad things for your body. Just ask FLO JO. OOPS, sorry you can't ask her; she is DEAD.

That's the difference Ekto- I'm judging him on footy, you're judging him morally, all I'm saying is that those morals aren't shared by everyone in society, and whatsmore, they make bugger all difference when you are streaming out of the centre square at the 'G at 45kph.

So if your girlfriend cooks you the best food, you wouldn't mind her working in a brothel because you would judge her on her efforts to keep you fed?

When my hero's such as The Flea and KB used to run through the centre of the G at 55mph the only drug that got them there was ADRENALIN, and their body made lots of that when those big blokes were chasing them and wanted to tackle them to the ground.

And I guess that you think it is ok to do 45mph in a 60kph zone in your mates car packed with eight mates?

If someone can explain all this  :rollin

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »
You kinda lost me a bit there Ekto but I'll ask you this:

Was it morally acceptable, to you, that our captain urinated on a police station this year? Should he have been sacked for that?
Should Jay Schulz be at Richmond?

Under your integrity test, who would be left at Richmond?
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »
You kinda lost me a bit there Ekto but I'll ask you this:

Yes, I thought you might get lost. The students from Dallas High school were never very good with English or morals, but the girls behind the shelter shed were pretty good, even if not pretty.

Was it morally acceptable, to you, that our captain urinated on a police station this year? Should he have been sacked for that?

Peeing in public is a misdemeanor, not a criminal offence.

I wouldn't use Kane's name in the same sentence as that drug user who will never play at AFL level again.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: November 29, 2008, 12:39:03 AM »

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #320 on: November 29, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »

I wouldn't use Kane's name in the same sentence as that drug user who will never play at AFL level again.

Kane Johnson was charged with, and pled guilty to;
1. Offensive Behaviour
2. Being drunk in a public place

There is no such thing as a misdemeanor. You've been watching too much American TV. They are criminal charges.

Schulz pled guilty to blowing .06 and cost the club a $600,000 sponsorship.

So can you please tell me how you separate these criminals Ekto, are there good ones (Kane Johnson) and bad ones (Cousins)?
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2008, 05:40:04 AM »
You'd reckon there'll be smiles in AFL House if Cousins isn't picked up by anyone. He'll no longer be a troublesome issue for them and no one can blame them for his rejection as they re-registered Cousins and gave him the green light to enter the draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #322 on: November 29, 2008, 08:34:18 AM »

Kane Johnson was charged with, and pled guilty to;
1. Offensive Behaviour
2. Being drunk in a public place

There is no such thing as a misdemeanor. You've been watching too much American TV. They are criminal charges.

So can you please tell me how you separate these criminals Ekto, are there good ones (Kane Johnson) and bad ones (Cousins)?

You are not much of a Richmond supporter if you are calling our players CRIMINALS and you want our club to draft someone with close and long standing connections to known criminals.

What juice are you on DALLAS? I hear that it is pretty well available on every street corner in the Broadmeadows area.

Your faith in a drug addict with connections to crime appears to be clouded by something. If you need help in getting off something then ask Ben to point you in the right direction. :(

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: November 29, 2008, 09:27:29 AM »
Give me a midfielder like Tambling who is a positive influence on who he interacts with rather than a naughtly hairless little boy any day of the week.

The analogy between Johnson and Cousins is ridiculous they are as unlike in their playing ability as they are in their off field behaviour.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #324 on: November 29, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »
All I've really said in this thread is that I wouldn't mind seeing Cousins in a Richmond jumper.

Because of this, Ekto has accused me of:
-Being on drugs
-Breaking road rules
-Not being a good Richmond supporter
-that I wouldn't mind if my partner worked in a brothel
-living in Broadmeadows x 2 (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Ekto, you are everything that I strive not to be in life. It's easy to be an armchair cynic, it's harder to be compassionate, I guess you've taken the easy choices in life, with your holier than thou attitude it's a wonder that anyone would gain acceptance in your life, because no one is perfect.

BTW, I would never accuse anyone on here of not being much of a Richmond supporter, for example I don't agree with very much of what Daniel161 says, but he is like he is because he loves Richmond. Re: Cousins, I want our midfield to be as strong as possible because mids win flags and I want us to win one, because I love Richmond. You, Ekto, think that Richmond players aren't crims even when they've stood in front of a magistrate and pleaded guilty to it, and why's that........................because you love Richmond.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »

.06 was that all it was, what is that half a schooner over the limit, one schooner over the limit.  The RFC and Jay paid a heavy price for approx one drink.

On that basis the comparison between Schulz and Cousins is just as ridiculous as the Johnson and Cousins one IMO.  Also at least Jay and Johnson were remorseful and determined to work past  their mistakes, Cousins would appear to be going along coasting on his ego thinking the world is going to accomodate him on his terms.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #326 on: November 29, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
I wish people would stop leaving out the fact that we ended up getting a bigger $800k-1m sponsorship from AFG after losing the TAC.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #327 on: December 01, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »
Did anyone else hear Ricky Nixon this morning? He was carrying on and accusing football of letting Ben down  ::). Sure Ricky because Cuz didn't let himself down  :whistle. Nixon told clubs before the draft not to bother if they hadn't already enquired about Cousins and now he's on the radio having a sook.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #328 on: December 01, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
Just listening to snippets of it now.

Nixon sounds like a fair knob.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #329 on: December 01, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »
Just listening to snippets of it now.

Nixon sounds like a fair knob.
Ricky is probably more concerned about himself. He's come out of this a complete dill given the way he has so poorly managed Cousins.