Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214991 times)

Ramps

Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1095 on: May 31, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »
Cousins would help our cause and his if he goes around in 2011. I think we are seeing some of our midfielders really developing leadership

Ox

« Reply #1096 on: May 31, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
Cousins is tenfold on guys like Bowden,Brown,Johnson and our entire list of so called senior leaders.
Bowden was the most selfish idiot of all time - so happy he got the ars. :clapping
I know Ben wont play on if he feels his body cant take it but he's in ridiculously good shape for a reformed drug addict... :rollin

Are we beginning to recognise where and who the rot set in from.......

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:36:51 PM by []())([]™ »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1097 on: May 31, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
Bend over Craig Hutchison, relax and breath in.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1098 on: May 31, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »

Can we draw any parallel to Hawthorns drop awy in form since premiership of 08 and the retirement of one of their great leaders Shane Crawford????

No. We are in an entirely different place to when Crawford retired.

I share Crawf's recent line of thought on Ben below.

Ben's form this year has not been of the same high standard we have seen from him over the years, and I would hate to see him go out on a sour note.

The other side of the debate, and I am sure Ben would be mindful of this, is that Richmond is reshaping its list and going with the kids.

In many ways, it doesn't matter whether they win games this year or not. Sure it does for the fans, but for Damien Hardwick and the coaching staff, it is all about putting miles into the legs of those players who might be a part of the club's future.

This is a long-term plan. Does Ben fit into that plan? I don't believe so.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/farewell-stage-ben-cousins/story-e6freck3-1225863990281

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1099 on: May 31, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »

Can we draw any parallel to Hawthorns drop awy in form since premiership of 08 and the retirement of one of their great leaders Shane Crawford????

No. We are in an entirely different place to when Crawford retired.

I share Crawf's recent line of thought on Ben below.

Ben's form this year has not been of the same high standard we have seen from him over the years, and I would hate to see him go out on a sour note.

The other side of the debate, and I am sure Ben would be mindful of this, is that Richmond is reshaping its list and going with the kids.

In many ways, it doesn't matter whether they win games this year or not. Sure it does for the fans, but for Damien Hardwick and the coaching staff, it is all about putting miles into the legs of those players who might be a part of the club's future.

This is a long-term plan. Does Ben fit into that plan? I don't believe so.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/farewell-stage-ben-cousins/story-e6freck3-1225863990281

My point has nothing to do with where we are at as against Hawthorn of 08 or Shane Crawfords thoughts on Ben Cousins or the individual himself being Ben Cousins.

The point is that every side needs experience on the park to assist with development, we have very little at our club.

I think it is relevant to draw a parallel to Crawfords retirement as the spiritual leader/ Experienced elder statesman and Hawthorns drop off in form.

Again forget your own opinion on Ben Cousins the individual and see that every side requires experience on the ground and what better experience could you find than a former captain, premiership player and brownlow medallist to assist our youth with development.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1100 on: May 31, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
it wasnt until Ben was able to string 4 or 5 games together last year that he started producing some good footy.

Class beats rs - You can see from that game we do have A graders in Cuz Cotch and Lids, clean and crisp in those conditions says it all.

Half of Whites possesions were contested, yet still had a disposal efficiency of 84%  :shh
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1101 on: June 04, 2010, 04:26:05 AM »
Golden oldies are off the pace
ROBERT WALLS
June 4, 2010

Ben Cousins is nearing 32 and wants to go on next year. He played well in the Adelaide slop last week when the game was slowed down. But on a fast track he has lost his zip and the kicks lack penetration.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/golden-oldies-are-off-the-pace-20100603-x70c.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1102 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »
Golden oldies are off the pace
ROBERT WALLS

::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1103 on: June 08, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »
Cousins finding form in time for the Eagles
TIM CLARKE
June 8, 2010 - 10:29AM

Ben Cousins says that as a footballer he is just about starting to justify his existence again as he prepares for a meeting with the West Coast at the setting of his greatest triumph.

After playing well without winning against Geelong, the Eagles will face pressure of a different kind when they take on Richmond at the MCG this weekend.

As the Tigers finally start to show green shoots of recovery under Damien Hardwick, a loss by the Eagles to the AFL's 16th team Sunday would ramp up the pressure on John Worsfold and his three-year premiership plan.

His new midfield will have to take on the club's former spiritual leader Ben Cousins, who slowly begins to find some form, having taken 24 possessions in the spirited defeat by St Kilda last Friday.

"I am just starting to justify my existence, I had a couple of weeks where I was struggling," Cousins said today.

Having endured speculation about his future, Cousins said he had tried to turn the critical press into a positive for himself.

"It has been a really good thing for me to go through and experience, because for the majority of my career I had good things written about me," Cousins told Nova 100 in Melbourne.

"It was nice while it was lasted. But it is easier to keep things in perspective."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/cousins-finding-form-in-time-for-the-eagles-20100608-xs43.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2010, 05:15:59 AM »
Herald-Sun is now stalking Cuz on the road....

A snippet from their "Confidential" section pg 22:

RESURRECTED AFL star Ben Cousins could soon be confused on the road for a Sunday driver after starting a defensive driving course. The Richmond player was placed on a court diversion program in February after avoiding conviction for a traffic bingle ...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1105 on: June 19, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
Tonight would go close to Cuz's best game for us IMO. Displayed his on-field leadership and why he is valuable to our young list. Cuz has shoved it up his critics over the past month.

I wonder if Hutchy still reckons Cousins is finished ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1106 on: June 19, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »
Good call MT.

His best game for sure and he knew it. Was superb. He's lost that acceleration, which is fine as he's still valuable to the club. Just hope he can finish the year as strong as this to suggest he can sustain it for another 12 months.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #1107 on: June 20, 2010, 01:44:44 AM »

Cause the preist Popelord wants to love you hutchy  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #1108 on: June 20, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »

Cause the preist Popelord wants to love you hutchy  ;D
:lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1109 on: June 20, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
Just like last year he needed to put a number of games together to start coming good.
I wonder if he gets another year if people will remember that and wait until he has put 4-5 games together before judging him
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI