Author Topic: Pick 43: Liam Fawcett  (Read 11739 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Pick 43: Liam Fawcett
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2023, 12:35:12 AM »
Your method worked fantastically well lmao

You are meant to develop lifelong immunity after getting it once .. and here is you with not two bouts, but three .. and telling people how they should treat it

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2023, 12:39:41 AM »
TIS didn't just have the regular G fever - he had the Top G fever.....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2023, 01:16:04 AM »

You are meant to develop lifelong immunity after getting it once .. and here is you with not two bouts, but three .. and telling people how they should treat it
You obviously have no idea about glandular fever. Once you get it it remains with you forever! When your run down and immune system weakened it can flair up again. Just like cold sores. I've had yes 3 times. Yet it never stopped me, was still working with it, never bed ridden for months, no chronic fatigue, so shove that up your clacker. You're all so intelligent know it alls here. Life long immunity , ffs you make me laugh!!!

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2023, 01:16:49 AM »
TIS didn't just have the regular G fever - he had the Top G fever.....:shh
You're so clever! Wow

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2023, 05:29:26 AM »
GS, could be 6 months to a year??

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2023, 06:45:51 AM »

You obviously have no idea about glandular fever. Once you get it it remains with you forever! When your run down and immune system weakened it can flair up again. Just like cold sores. I've had yes 3 times. Yet it never stopped me, was still working with it, never bed ridden for months, no chronic fatigue, so shove that up your clacker. You're all so intelligent know it alls here. Life long immunity , ffs you make me laugh!!!

Correct, EBV often infects you and stays dormant before becoming symptomatic many years later.

Astronauts have also noticed that they become symptomatic in space - have you been to space also? Haha

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2023, 06:52:31 AM »

Correct, EBV often infects you and stays dormant before becoming symptomatic many years later.

Astronauts have also noticed that they become symptomatic in space - have you been to space also? Haha
We all have been , you just haven't realised yet. Where do you think the earth is!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2023, 12:30:45 PM »
You're definitely on some planet - not sure it's this one.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2023, 02:47:18 PM »

Once you have had glandular fever, it is unlikely you will develop it again. This is because people develop lifelong immunity after the initial infection

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/glandular-fever/#:~:text=However%2C%20if%20a%20person%20develops,immunity%20after%20the%20initial%20infection.

The antibodies provide lifelong immunity, and glandular fever rarely comes back a second time.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/167390

I can link you another 20 showing I’m correct

But it’s ok . Might just be your immune system
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:32:39 PM by one-eyed »

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2023, 05:37:07 PM »

Once you have had glandular fever, it is unlikely you will develop it again. This is because people develop lifelong immunity after the initial infection

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/glandular-fever/#:~:text=However%2C%20if%20a%20person%20develops,immunity%20after%20the%20initial%20infection.

The antibodies provide lifelong immunity, and glandular fever rarely comes back a second time.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/167390

I can link you another 20 showing I’m correct

But it’s ok . Might just be your immune system
Pathetic. Glandular Fever is part of the herpes family. Cold sores are the same. So going by that BS you read, once you get a cold sore you'll never get one again. I've never had a cold sore.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:33:02 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2023, 07:00:26 PM »
You are both right.

You are meant to develop life long immunity but it can reactivate in very rare cases. If managed properly you should recover and never see it again. Confident Liam will be fine and his first pre season is pointless anyway being a KP forward. He will be fine in long run.
Go Tigers!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2023, 07:39:07 PM »
If only we had an active forum member who is a doctor who could chime in with safely medical advice. Someone who bleeds yellow and black if you will

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2023, 09:19:51 PM »
If only we had an active forum member who is a doctor who could chime in with safely medical advice. Someone who bleeds yellow and black if you will
We did once, can’t remember who but he was a regular poster.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2023, 09:49:28 PM »
Until the laggers got to him.....  >:(

- Thomas Sowell

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2023, 03:45:25 PM »
You are both right.

You are meant to develop life long immunity but it can reactivate in very rare cases. If managed properly you should recover and never see it again. Confident Liam will be fine and his first pre season is pointless anyway being a KP forward. He will be fine in long run.
he will be fine, I haven't had it reoccur for over 25 years. Think I have it covered now