Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3  (Read 27440 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:54 PM »
Demons the worst team i can remember at AFL level. 8)

Demons were disgustingly bad in the 3rd quarter. If we were playing half decent footy we should have won by at least 120.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »
just watched the replay, the commentary and coverage was superbad, wow. Malthouse??? was this a melbourne love in? he was angling from melbournes pov all game and geez he was very harsh on morris i felt, very blunt assessment all day "hes a niggler" "dont know if richmond need someone like him down back" "does he have the decision making to make it at this level" it was his 3rd game you stuffwit.

What is it with commentators these days? its almost like they have a pregame angle and they stick with it all day ala the 2 monkeys last week in darcy and BT knocking rance and today malthouse angling for melbourne positives and having a crack at morris all day.

BTW i thought Morris was very solid. Watching the replay I liked the way maric worked his way into the game, thought he was getting beaten comprehensively early but hes a warrior

got time for Morris liked his game. Unlike that stuffwit Jackson he attacks the ball and player but importantly does it fairly and can get the ball too.
yet when asked about what experienced players like jackson offer malthouse was quite praising  :huh
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »
I thought it started scrappy because Melbourne dragged us to their level and forced us to play their sloppy brand. Once we opened them we got on top though. When we are as quality as someone like Wet Toast we'll open them from the first bounce.

Morris was a ripper. Rance in B&F form. Would be tops if Grigg could replicate that form.

Watts needed Benny Hill music.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »
Melbourne should be kicked out of the comp. Brad Miller is our best forward.....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2012, 07:39:42 AM »
Mm said morris goes hard but his skills vs the.better sides would be key. Not an unfair poibt.

just watched the replay, the commentary and coverage was superbad, wow. Malthouse??? was this a melbourne love i? he was angling from melbournes pov all game and geez he was very harsh on morris i felt, very blunt assessment all day "hes a niggler" "dont know if richmond need someone like him down back" "does he have the decision making to make it at this level" it was his 3rd game you stuffwit.

What is it with commentators these days? its almost like they have a pregame angle and they stick with it all day ala the 2 monkeys last week in darcy and BT knocking rance and today malthouse angling for melbourne positives and having a crack at morris all day.

BTW i thought Morris was very solid. Watching the replay I liked the way maric worked his way into the game, thought he was getting beaten comprehensively early but hes a warrior

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »
morris's skills held up against Carlton and Collingwood

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »
For those who watched it on TV how poor was e broadcast!
I couldn't believe how many times hey would go to a slow mo replay and miss half the play! Nahas just started to run around when he kicked that goal and it cut away! They were even missing the center bounces!! You could hear the ball being bounced in the umpires mike but we were still watching replay of the play before! CH7 really need to get there poo together >:(

Agree TFT.  They also need to ditch all the long distance views, its bloody useless because you can't see anything.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »
For those who watched it on TV how poor was e broadcast!
I couldn't believe how many times hey would go to a slow mo replay and miss half the play! Nahas just started to run around when he kicked that goal and it cut away! They were even missing the center bounces!! You could hear the ball being bounced in the umpires mike but we were still watching replay of the play before! CH7 really need to get there poo together >:(

Agree TFT.  They also need to ditch all the long distance views, its bloody useless because you can't see anything.
Completely agree.  Also at one stage, I think it was when Martin goaled, the camera was focused for ages on the Melbourne coach.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »
they weren't any better in the bummers-suns game, so poor coverage must be a policy rather than down to one poor producer

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
Very pleased with the tackling. The Tackling was brilliant eg Batchelor on Davey in the 3rd and Tuck's tackling. Thought Grigg, Tuck and Nahas played exceptionally well. Best game Conca has played for the club. Foley also played well as did Morris. Grimes and Rance were overall solid in defence. What was very good was that Lids, Newman, Cotch and Dusty didn't have particularly good games and we still one but having said that lids, dusty and cotch all rose in the third quarter.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
Melbourne should be kicked out of the comp. Brad Miller is our best forward.....

:clapping

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/jack-riewoldt-of-the-tigers-contest-for-a-mark-during-the-news-photo/142864738

Would love to know where the ump is on that shot.  Free every day of the week to Jack.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/jack-riewoldt-of-the-tigers-contest-for-a-mark-during-the-news-photo/142864738

Would love to know where the ump is on that shot.  Free every day of the week to Jack.

Probably about 5 metres away on Vickery's side  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »
They did worse to him all do saw him double teamed , grabbed , arms chopped or pulled every time the ball was near him, umpire ignored it.  Was all over it up the other end.
Lots of people name their swords......