Author Topic: NAB Cup round 2: Tigers vs Pies  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup round 2: Tigers vs Pies
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 11:23:10 PM »
the biggest problem with our club in this game and most games i have seen is our tackling.

It is terrible. I just dont get why the coaching staff do something in this area. we are always bottom in this stat every stuffin year.

Every team just runs it out of defence because they know our tackles do NOT stick. useless
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »
We supposedly have done tackling training with the Melbourne Storm but you'd never know.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »
Wow, you would swear the sky is falling.   :help  It was a NAB cup game but I'd expect nothing less from some slags on here.  ::)

We kicked awfully and when the pies gained momentum after plenty of our points, they couldn't miss.

Get a grip, Chicken Littles.  It's the preseason.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »
Too many turnovers, :banghead
Too many kicks/handballs falling short of the target, :banghead
Too much indecision,  :banghead
Too many kicks straight to the player on the mark. :banghead
Too many behinds,   :banghead
Too many passengers, :banghead
Too much like the Tigers of early 2008,  :banghead

cuz isn't the only one with a sore head
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »
Wow, you would swear the sky is falling.   :help  It was a NAB cup game but I'd expect nothing less from some slags on here.  ::)

We kicked awfully and when the pies gained momentum after plenty of our points, they couldn't miss.

Couldn't give a rats about the result...just amused by the commentary team gushing over Raines as he committed turnover after turnover. If we'd kicked straight we were up by 6 or 7 goals, not 6 points...There was improvement, and there are a few more weeks to fine tune too.  :gotigers
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »

Couldn't give a rats about the result...just amused by the commentary team gushing over Raines as he committed turnover after turnover. If we'd kicked straight we were up by 6 or 7 goals, not 6 points...There was improvement, and there are a few more weeks to fine tune too.  :gotigers

I've got no problem with people analysing individual players performances, but those lamenting the entire team as basically useless and in a practise game we had a stranglehold for at least half the game but couldn't kick straight for the life us and it well and truly bit us on the arse is very bloody rich.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 02:49:39 AM »
Repeat of last year's GF and our centenary game against Carlton as far as the scoreboard. We dominated play from midway through the first to midway of the third quarters but couldn't kick bloody straight  :banghead. When you have the momentum you need to put it on the scoreboard otherwise you pay when the momentum switches. IIRC Jack missed 3 set shots, Morton 2, Richo 2 and we missed a couple of others that should've been gimmes at this level. Bloody pathetic goalkicking to be honest  ::)  :banghead.

I thought when the game was alive our defence and play defensive side of the centre was very good for this time of the year. It must have been frustrating for them working their guts out all game only for the forwards to screw it up.

Our centre square pretty much spanked Collingwood when we were on top up until midway through the 3rd. Still got Tucky, Cotch and hopefully Cogs to add to it.

Thankfully only a NAB Cup so no damage done come round 1. The margin is of no concern as we switched off once it got to 20 points.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2009, 05:44:51 AM »
Is it true Cousins got some knock to the head?  Didn't see it on the tv but they said they wanted to interview him after the game but couldn't because of the AFL ruling on head injuries.
Yep he did Julz. A mild concussion. They'll rest Cuz next week anyway.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2009, 06:16:41 AM »
Shocking game.

Same old Richmond with such poor disposal. WTF have we got the same problems every effin year.

Tackle count someone??
Handball Count someone?

Tambling and Johnson might as well head down Commercial Road. They both got better chance of scoring down there.

Johnson 10 metres out................result straight into the man

Tambling.......Ooh my godness if this guy isn't the next Andrew Krackour(the player) then i am not here right now.

Not only is he a waste of space but he is not even in our best 30.

Bag bowden all you like but Bowden played a big part in 3 wins last year, Tambling is just a number just like Krackour was. Rubbish!!

The only reason why TW keeps playing him is to save face to the public about how terribly wrong he got this pick.

Vickery and Thompson good. The former will be some player i reckon.

Hislop rubbish
Tackle count down due to our dominant possesion count
Poor skills/decision making due to the flood
Collingwood=full strength Richmond= rested players
NAB = practice game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 06:26:51 AM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2009, 07:29:53 AM »
NAB = practice game

SO true... a glorified practice game at a decent venue = NAB cup

Who cares about the result

I went wanting to see some of the newbies and I got that.

Liked Vickery, impressed with thompson, thought Hislop tried hard was OK with his defensive pressure in the fwd 50. Thought Rance was a overawed in the first qtr and a bit but settled down (agree with Ramps long term prospect). And some bloke called Cousins wasn't too bad either.

Look there were some players who disappointed but that's the nature of the game

You kick 5 goals 15 behinds - you aint gonna win many games of footy IMHO.

We were right in it until the late in the 3rd qtr... final qtr was disappointing but he the world is still turning and the real stuff is still a month away.... round 1 is what matters ....REALLY IT IS

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »
Your right MT rnd 1 is what matters - As a whole we were level in the match to the end and that is at the minimum what I wanted.

Skunks are gunna be a hard team to beat this year and Blingers better extract the digit.

MELTDOWN

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

Thing is  TA its the same mistakes, same culprits, same excuses every year ie. Its only pre season, but even me, the eternal optimist is geeting a little sick of it.
Why cant we come out one year and start laying tackles, hitting targets, kicking majors, finding space, like other clubs do. We all are so confident until our team hits the ground  :banghead

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »

Thing is  TA its the same mistakes, same culprits, same excuses every year ie. Its only pre season, but even me, the eternal optimist is geeting a little sick of it.
Why cant we come out one year and start laying tackles, hitting targets, kicking majors, finding space, like other clubs do. We all are so confident until our team hits the ground  :banghead

Now thats a very sensible comment.

Every year we are the bottom 2 in the tackle count and its unnacceptable. We are a very weak side on the field. Opposition players seem to break our tackles with ease.

Yes its a practice match but outside of Rance, Thompson, Cuz and Vickery i saw nothing pleasing about Tambling and Edwards amongst others, missing targets from 15 metres out. Johnson missing a goal from 15 metres out. Raines running around in circles as per usual.
Different year same old players doing the same old things.

So many Pies players who have been in the system for a few years, were hitting those targets.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

bushranger

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »
I watched the game and in the beginning I thought we were in for a chance at it. As the game progressed I though that we had even less of a chance to win and in the end we were pumbled.
I thought that right throught the match the pie's were able to move the ball out of the defence to easy while we struggles to get get it out of their forward line.
The ball was passed to many time to a player in a worse position then the ball carier was and this ended up in us losing contriol of the ball all night.
I know we will improve and this is one thing to look forwards to this season. And we had some good players that are showing they are ready to make the next step fully.
We will lose a few games, but I still will place us in the top 8.
I really like Jackson's game last night followed by Raines and Deledio. We are going places this year. we might have a few bumps in the road but it was encouraging to see the youger ones standing up.