Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300042 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #450 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:42 AM »
Straight back into the side and he didn't miss a beat. He's having a top breakout year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #451 on: June 16, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
Straight back into the side and he didn't miss a beat. He's having a top breakout year.

Agree 100% and also Conca is flying too!!!  :thumbsup
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »
This kids a keeper, would love to see that tosspot poster who bagged his 39 possie game give his uneducated, pathetic review of yesterday's game.
 ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
This kids a keeper, would love to see that tosspot poster who bagged his 39 possie game give his uneducated, pathetic review of yesterday's game.
It wasn't me but I must admit I'm still not a massive fan. I'm really glad he has moved to a wing where he can use his fitness to run up and down the wings all day, but playing him in the backline is not an option IMO. He still needs to be able to win one on one contests, at the moment at best he halves them. If he is to become an onballer,I think he needs to be able to win those contests.
Good luck to the kid though, he is definitely improving. And more to the point, he doesn't need me to like him.
Love the way the whole side is playing these last two games, the tackling and pressure at the ball carrier is what it takes to become a great side. You do that and even the good sides start to fumble and turn the footy over. Really awesome to watch!  :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #454 on: June 16, 2013, 08:38:40 AM »
The only criticism I ever had of Ellis was his disposal (justifiably) and that has improved, the rest of his game is great, he will be an asset to the side and a very good player of the future.

He will be moved into different positions as he progresses, it will be part of his development, so no need to hold that against him if he doesn't quite cut it in every role.

When he finds his true position.....whoa...look out!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #455 on: June 16, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
his disposal is way above average and his kicking is pretty damn good to be honest

this kid is not just gonna be quality player but a quality person

we r in good shape

conca ellis vlas are all captaincy material

once we get rid of our bottom 4 players and replace them with decent players we will be flag contenders

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »
we r in good shape

conca ellis vlas are all captaincy material

once we get rid of our bottom 4 players and replace them with decent players we will be flag contenders

LMAO, and they say a week is a long time in footy. 2 weeks is an eternity.

banner should simply say.....

WE ARE NOT RICHMOND........ WE ARE stuffED!

killer instinct lmao been over 30 yrs since we had one
and killer instinct begins at the selection table and sadly softwick lacks this
soft coach produces marshmallow players

after tomorrow we are out of finals contention

another yr of failure

think hardwick needs the bullet

he is fos

because hardwick is a bigger spin doctor than mmr wallet himself

he has fooled us all

hardwick must be sacked or walk if we dont make the this yr

he is fos

hardwick cannot coach

all he does is try copy other coaches

has no idea what he is doing and which players to select

he is pathetic and talks the talk

another wallet

Waiting for the inevitable abuse that comes from anyone that disagrees with you or points out anything you dont like

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
LOL gotta give the points to Damo there  :clapping

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »
It wasn't me but I must admit I'm still not a massive fan. I'm really glad he has moved to a wing where he can use his fitness to run up and down the wings all day, but playing him in the backline is not an option IMO. He still needs to be able to win one on one contests, at the moment at best he halves them. If he is to become an onballer,I think he needs to be able to win those contests.
Good luck to the kid though, he is definitely improving. And more to the point, he doesn't need me to like him.
Love the way the whole side is playing these last two games, the tackling and pressure at the ball carrier is what it takes to become a great side. You do that and even the good sides start to fumble and turn the footy over. Really awesome to watch!  :gotigers

Quality Big Tone  :clapping

He took a nice marking with a pack bearing down on him(kinda) which showed more nerve under physical pressure than we have seen in the past. Hopefully this is a sign of his confidence levels rising as he gets more games under his belt.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »
He looked pretty damn good, thought it was one of the best games he has played this year.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »
The goals he kicked were critical. His second goal was a beauty.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
LOL gotta give the points to Damo there  :clapping

First round knockout for sure. One punch knockout even

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
Doesn't look as soft as he did last year. Starting to warm to him

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: June 16, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »
He is only 19 or 20 in his second year. 99% of kids are rightfully soft as they are playing bigger bodies and they would be scared.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: June 16, 2013, 10:38:31 PM »
He is only 19 or 20 in his second year. 99% of kids are rightfully soft as they are playing bigger bodies and they would be scared.

I'd argue most aren't, but it doesn't bother me for now he just has to out grow it.