Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 117712 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:00 PM »
AFL.com.au’s Mitch Cleary is hearing that West Coast’s out-of-contract Andrew Gaff and to a lesser extent, GWS star Dylan Shiel, are on the radar of the Swans.

Andy Maher on SEN said he's heard a rumour that Sydney has offered Dylan Shiel one million dollars p.a. for 7 years.

https://sportsdayradio.com.au/2018/09/14/will-sydney-land-a-big-fish-this-trade-period/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asked on Mix 94.5 Perth if he will be playing for West Coast next year, Andrew Gaff said: “I hope so. “It’s still something that we’re working through with the management and the club.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/14/i-hope-so-gaff-on-playing-on-with-west-coast/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2018, 02:22:55 AM »
North Melbourne are keen to trade Brayden Preuss in exchange for a second or third round pick. Melbourne, & Adelaide have expressed interest.

Jack Scrimshaw
wants a move home to Victoria. He met with Carlton earlier in the year. St Kilda are also interested in acquiring his services. The Blues have bigger fish to fry, which may see the young Sun slip away to a rival Victorian club.

https://twitter.com/AFLTrade

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2018, 09:41:05 AM »
Interesting.
Can we trade Miles for Scrimshaw.
Can we also trade Moore for Preuss.
Add Collier-Dawkins as a first founder (18-20).

Pick up a ruck (206) and two big tall mids (193).

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »
Interesting.
Can we trade Miles for Scrimshaw.
Can we also trade Moore for Preuss.
Add Collier-Dawkins as a first founder (18-20).

Pick up a ruck (206) and two big tall mids (193).
Trade Moore? He has no upside with us??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
The Sydney Swans could emerge as a new, genuine contender for star free agent Andrew Gaff.

Both Western Australian clubs are growing increasingly confident in their pursuit of Rory Lobb.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-sydney-joins-the-race-for-andrew-gaff/news-story/8ebe715e68feb9fa65ae25937e6f60a5

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“My understanding is at least two clubs are seriously thinking about taking a punt on Jarryd Roughead next year,” Sam Landsberger told Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight.

GOLD Coast could be set to lose another star this trade period with Aaron Hall being linked to a move to Victoria. Hall has been linked to a move to North Melbourne.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-two-clubs-interested-in-jarryd-roughead-gold-coasts-aaron-hall-linked-to-north-melbourne/news-story/e660aab618148a9b1d1c7c5fd172ab94

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan met Cats' forward Lincoln McCarthy in Geelong on Friday as the Lions step up their pursuit of the 24-year-old.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-step-up-pursuit-on-lincoln-mccarthy-20180914-p503w2.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

David King on SEN just now said Carlton has "thrown the sink" at Dylan Shiel.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
Collingwood defender Tom Langdon could be set to play his last game in black and white.

The Herald Sun is reporting the out of contract defender and the Pies are yet to agree on a new deal with a pay gap between the two parties.

They also believe rival clubs are monitoring the situation and are keen to swoop if Langdon should decide to seek a new home.

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/09/16/report-collingwood-defender-could-be-on-the-move/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
Did I miss when Townsend has been linked to moving to another club?  :huh

Players that have been linked to movement in any capacity include:

Tom Lynch, Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec, Daniel Hannebery, Lachie Neale, Steven May, Dylan Shiel, Stefan Martin, Gary Rohan, Jake Lloyd, Braydon Preuss, Rory Lobb, Nic Newman, Chad Wingard, Jesse Hogan, Tim Kelly, Scott Lycett, Aaron Hall, Luke Dahlhaus, Daniel Menzel, Jack Steven, Mitch McGovern, Luke Dunstan, Darcy Moore, Jordan Roughead, Levi Casboult, Will Setterfield, Harry Himmelberg, Alex Fasolo, Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore, Tom Jonas, Jack Hombsch, Jack Lonie, Jarryd Roughead, George Horlin-Smith, Lincoln McCarthy, Tom Langdon, Will Brodie, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jacob Townsend, Anthony Miles and Jasper Pittard.

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/09/15/trade-period-looming-as-biggest-ever-says-petroro/

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

Tom Lynch, Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec, Daniel Hannebery, Lachie Neale, Steven May, Dylan Shiel, Stefan Martin, Gary Rohan, Jake Lloyd, Braydon Preuss, Rory Lobb, Nic Newman, Chad Wingard, Jesse Hogan, Tim Kelly, Scott Lycett, Aaron Hall, Luke Dahlhaus, Daniel Menzel, Jack Steven, Mitch McGovern, Luke Dunstan, Darcy Moore, Jordan Roughead, Levi Casboult, Will Setterfield, Harry Himmelberg, Alex Fasolo, Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore, Tom Jonas, Jack Hombsch, Jack Lonie, Jarryd Roughead, George Horlin-Smith, Lincoln McCarthy, Tom Langdon, Will Brodie, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jacob Townsend, Anthony Miles and Jasper Pittard.

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/09/15/trade-period-looming-as-biggest-ever-says-petroro/

Ive read that before also though I believe its just the media linking that he was out of contract and playing in the vfl mostly this year.

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

Ive read that before also though I believe its just the media linking that he was out of contract and playing in the vfl mostly this year.
Cheers EEA. That's what I thought also. Don't see Towner going anywhere unless there's an offer too good to refuse.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »
I do think his upside is limited.
On the other hand I think Balta's upside is much higher.
At the end of the day you must give players a chance to get a senior game and when (if) we get Lynch there really is only one other spot for a key forward, replacing Jack.
As a third tall forward I think Moore has severe limits on his marking, kicking and general footy smarts (ie getting to dangerous positions) unlike Balta.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2018, 10:01:41 PM »
I do think his upside is limited.
On the other hand I think Balta's upside is much higher.
At the end of the day you must give players a chance to get a senior game and when (if) we get Lynch there really is only one other spot for a key forward, replacing Jack.
As a third tall forward I think Moore has severe limits on his marking, kicking and general footy smarts (ie getting to dangerous positions) unlike Balta.

I agree with that assessment Redan. Assuming Lynch comes on board, Moore's opportunities look to be very limited. Just not showing enough versatility.

Balta with his apparent ability to go forward or back, or Coleman-Jones as a second ruckman, look far more likely third tall forwards than Moore.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »
With the arrival of Polec & the pursuit of Gaff & Hall, could a reshuffle be on the cards @ North Melbourne? It’s understood TODD GOLDSTEIN’s name has been linked with a move to GEELONG.

Manger Tom Petroro was reportedly spotted meeting for coffee with a senior Geelong official recently. It’s understood North are desperate to retain the services of young ruck Braydon Preuss, who has been linked to a move.

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »
The Geelong youth policy  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2018, 07:58:30 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:31 AM »
Chad Wingard contemplating a $850K a year 6 year deal at Doggies....now thats a enough to make you go woof woof woof.

Fasolo
and McGovern deciding on what numbers they will wear at Carlton and whilst i'm on the #BlueBaggers they are going harder than any other club at the minute.

The biggest surprise Collingwood trade might be Thomas back home to GCS for plenty.

I suspect the Saints will get trumped on Dan Menzel by the #BlueBaggers Chicken told you first ......i dreamt last night he toured the #BlueBaggers later this week then i realised it wasn't a dream.

Duryea probably the hardest chased player at moment with 3 Vic Clubs circling.

Demons will iron out a few Buggs by shifting one West.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot