Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 117702 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
Unless we bring in another decent mid our depth will be really hurt with those outs.

Lloyd, Miles, Conca all first 22 calibre players.

We lose both Ellis’ and we’re actually skimpt on back ups.

Literally couldn’t afford one injury next season.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
Mate Conca is not depth he is a dead set dud. Capisce?

Losing him is a benefit to the entire club.

Bellis well we will get a descent pick and who said Lloyd is going?

The rest are replaceable
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
Lynch a lock, Conca a Dock, Lloyd off to the Scraggers, Townsend won't be offered a new contract and we're not chasing another ruckman according to "Slippers" on BF.... :shh
I don’t get why Townsend wouldn’t be offered another contract?
If he had of played Friday night, the Pies backman wouldn’t have had it so easy.

He wouldn’t be costing us FA, so why?... I don’t get it?

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
Lynch a lock, Conca a Dock, Lloyd off to the Scraggers, Townsend won't be offered a new contract and we're not chasing another ruckman according to "Slippers" on BF.... :shh
If he had of played Friday night, the Pies backman wouldn’t have had it so easy.

Wait until a decision has been made public. I would sign him for another year or 2 and play him as a mid resting forward. We need extra grunt and he won the VFL best player playing this role.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
People seriously worried over the prospect at losing a bunch of duds & c-graders..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2018, 12:20:18 AM »

I would keep Townsend. I think there is a role for him in the forward line. I agree with the statement If he had of played Friday night, the Pies backman wouldn’t have had it so easy.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2018, 05:02:27 AM »
Mate Conca is not depth he is a dead set dud. Capisce?

Losing him is a benefit to the entire club.

Bellis well we will get a descent pick and who said Lloyd is going?

The rest are replaceable

Well said
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »

I would keep Townsend. I think there is a role for him in the forward line. I agree with the statement If he had of played Friday night, the Pies backman wouldn’t have had it so easy.

I’d also keep Towner.
The hard edge in our forward line looked like it went missing when he and Butler weren’t playing last Friday night.
I’d also like to see Towner put the miles into his legs over this upcoming pre season and help Jack Graham tag opposition midfielders.
We can never again allow guys like Steele Sidebottom get 41 touches at 85% in a final ever again.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

I’d also keep Towner.
The hard edge in our forward line looked like it went missing when he and Butler weren’t playing last Friday night.
I’d also like to see Towner put the miles into his legs over this upcoming pre season and help Jack Graham tag opposition midfielders.
We can never again allow guys like Steele Sidebottom get 41 touches at 85% in a final ever again.

Graham needs to be released from his tagging duties to valuable for that job.When Dimma did that was very valuable going forward and also kicking goals we need his inside grunt.Need someone else to do the tagging.We a loosing to much with his low numbers doing defencesive jobs.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »

I’d also keep Towner.

Graham needs to be released from his tagging duties to valuable for that job.When Dimma did that was very valuable going forward and also kicking goals we need his inside grunt.Need someone else to do the tagging.We a loosing to much with his low numbers doing defencesive jobs.
Thats where i thought maybe Towno may have been worth a shot, isnt going to get many possessions so you dont lose much. Graham on the other hand has shown he can be an accumulator and can add something to our midfield if released.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »
Actually don’t think Graham’s offensive midfield work is there yet. Has obviously shown he can go forward and kick goals but doesn’t get high volumes of the ball running through the middle. He is still very young though and hopefully he does get there because his defensive work is elite.

dwaino

« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »
I think Graham’s offensive side will come naturally and is just being coached and instructed more defensively while in his more formative years. He’s the kind of player we won’t know until he hits the 75 or so games mark.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
Graham will be a very good player but there was  no greater indictment on our lack of midfiekd depth than the fact that we were prepared to play him with a bung shoulder.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »
Hardwick met with Shiel after the Brownlow.....  :shh

Scully also interested in coming home....  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame