Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 467494 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1590 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:51 AM »
If jack kicks 6 next week you wont call him a bitch.

We are quick to turn.

Even at his worst jacks in our best 10-15.

Should not be dropped in the foreseeable future

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1591 on: July 30, 2012, 02:37:07 AM »
He's a whiny bitch. Has been since Clarence and will be until the end of his career. daddy failed him.

lol if he kicks 6. either back him in to do it or shooooosssh. might kick 9 if Maguire plays on him :lol pity our season is over so it would mean jack poo anyway.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1592 on: August 03, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
Richo's advice to Jack to keep moving about and forget about your opponent ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/143497/default.aspx

dwaino

« Reply #1593 on: August 03, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
He should forget about twitter too #distraction

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1594 on: August 03, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »
He's definately got a groin issue.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #1595 on: August 03, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »
Agree with coach
Jackie still wets her bed
Richo top advice about a year and a half too late
Jackie needs to concentrate on her footy not being a big brother reality tv star
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1596 on: August 04, 2012, 03:38:49 AM »

I could not post the link to this article .It's from the Adelaide Advertiser By Dale Lewis.

AS RICHMOND fans struggle to come to terms with the disappointment of another wasted year, it's time to ask the question: What should be made of pin-up boy, full forward Jack Riewoldt?

With the Tigers' finals aspirations well and truly buried for another year, Riewoldt needs to be sat down and told to pull his head in.

I am a massive fan of Jack but, like a lot of Richmond fans, I have run out of patience.

While it would be unfair to blame him for the Tigers missing out on the finals yet again, he needs to have a long, hard look at himself and what he brings to the table and the way he carries himself on the field.

Riewoldt has kicked 47 goals so far this season - an average of 2.76 per game.

His best and most consistent period came during rounds six to 10 when he kicked a total of 23 goals which included bags of six and eight against the Hawks and the Saints.

It's no surprise this coincided with the Tigers' best period of the season, yielding four wins and one loss, featuring bags of 8.3 against the Saints and 6.2 against Hawthorn as well as 4.2 and 4.4 in rounds six and seven against Port and Sydney.

Richmond has lost nine games this season by 21 points or less, the past three by less than a goal. In those nine games Riewoldt has kicked 16 goals at an average of 1.77 goals per game.

Imagine if Jack had kicked one more goal in each of those games and been somewhere near his best in the others and the Tigers' season of woe could have been the breakout year for which the club and its fans have long been waiting.

He will most probably end up kicking 60-odd goals. Not a bad effort but for someone of his talent that total should be somewhere in the 80s.

At his brilliant best he is unstoppable, as shown in his breakout season of 2010 where he kicked 78 goals to win the Coleman Medal.

Injuries hampered him in 2011 yet he still managed to kick 62 goals despite a failing body that saw him have five surgeries during the off-season.

But then there is is the other Jack. The petulant one we are seeing on a far more frequent basis.

The one who Tigers fans are starting to turn on, giving him unflattering comparisons with club great Matthew Richardson.

The similarities between bad Jack and Bad Richo are clear but, in Richo's defence, at least during his petulant best he always looked like he was having a crack.

The same can't be said of bad Jack.

While good Jack draws the footy to him, creates contests in the air and on the ground, brings others in to the game and looks genuinely interested in the team goals, bad Jack looks more like a big sook, forever whinging and whining to umpires after giving away undisciplined free kicks.

Getting on the lead appears to be an afterthought as he continues to try to outbody and outmuscle his direct opponents.

It was rare a fortnight that went by in 2010 that he didn't supply us with a mark of the week contender. This year those moments have been very few and far between. And now, being in his sixth year of AFL football, he needs to be far better.

Riewoldt is an 85-100 goal-a-season full forward who is not living up to his potential

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1597 on: August 04, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »
No disrespect to Tom Hawkins,but Jack has more talent then him. The thing is tho if you work hard and get on your bike and don't whinge like a small boy the tide turns.We seen last night what happens when your forward stands up and works hard he wins you games.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1598 on: August 04, 2012, 04:59:03 AM »
No disrespect to Tom Hawkins,but Jack has more talent then him. The thing is tho if you work hard and get on your bike and don't whinge like a small boy the tide turns.We seen last night what happens when your forward stands up and works hard he wins you games.
Agreed mate with your comments  to me Jack when on song is a great reader of the ball  he is dangerous in the air on the ground and out the back  but just not in stagnant 50/50 contests or to some degree leading  :banghead
He should  kick 100 one year , needs more meat on his bones and a good shrink but i know probably 14-15 other clubs would kill for a 50-60 goal FF year in year out

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1599 on: August 04, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »
Agreed mate with your comments  to me Jack when on song is a great reader of the ball  he is dangerous in the air on the ground and out the back  but just not in stagnant 50/50 contests or to some degree leading  :banghead
He should  kick 100 one year , needs more meat on his bones and a good shrink but i know probably 14-15 other clubs would kill for a 50-60 goal FF year in year out

No disrespect to the 2 of you but we have made excuses for Jack for 2 years, it's just that he's not that talented just a limited but clever player.
He's had 1 great year and 2 good years. 
What we see is what we will get, he gets frustrated because no one had the nuts to sit him down and tell him he isn't as good as he thinks he is.
Once that happens, he will play more to his strengths (he is a 2nd or 3rd forward, Hardwicks words in 2010) and we will structure up accordingly.
But like Lids, once we and he worked out he wasn't ever going to be the no 1 mid, he was comfortable I his role and then thrived.
Is why Travis Cloke would be a massive get for us, can and would be the no 1 power forward and make a huge difference to Jack (if Jacks ego can get its head around that)
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1600 on: August 04, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »

Is why Travis Cloke would be a massive get for us, can and would be the no 1 power forward and make a huge difference to Jack (if Jacks ego can get its head around that)

:thumbsup

:bow

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1601 on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
Would swap for Tom Hawkins.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #1602 on: August 04, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »
Would swap for Tom Hawkins girlfriend
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1603 on: August 05, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
No wonder he complains about the umpiring, why the eff didnt he get a free for the push in the back in the last quarter.

Dont care that we were up by a shitload it was there and should have been paid, when you think about that weak rs prick Lloyd diving and getting free kicks it a effn rort

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1604 on: August 05, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »
He missed out on a couple he should have been paid last night.