Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 77867 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
Fast white guy  :clapping

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
glass half full types  :banghead
Hahaha.

I know that aint me. :lol
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Has become important, last week against the Cheats is a classic example.
We were shown up for pace. White just provides some extra zip in fits and spurts and that has helped us heaps of times this year. Has found his niche and is playing within the parameters of this.

the claw

« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
On the contrary, blokes like Whitey are stepping up when our top shelf have their fingers in their bums and getting worked over. Several times over the past few weeks where White has single handedly hurt the opposition with his pace. Wins the footy, wins the foot race, and if he doesn't kick it himself he gives it to someone who does.
no doubt hes improved. but lets just say im scarred for life by players like white and i question with good cause if they can maintain it.
imo hes at a level where he needs to be he cannot drop off he must learn to maintain the level on a consistent basis and he needs to do it when real pressure is on.

imo the biggest improvent has come from him not panicking as much as normal and hes looking to buy more time ride a tackle  etc. hence he makes better decisions and uses a bit better. i reckon wacko jacko is the same.
still you see parts of their games and you just cringe at times. still think his kicking for a small player very average.and the brain fades are there.
stil think he needs to find a lot more ball as well against boys he had more than 20 possesions for the first time this yr. hes going at about 12 possesions a game not enough for a mid.

anyway yes he has improved a bit in recent times and at times hes provided a bit of a spark with his pace. still i prefer we look for an upgrade

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:07 AM »

stil think he needs to find a lot more ball as well against boys he had more than 20 possesions for the first time this yr. hes going at about 12 possesions a game not enough for a mid.

I think that would be dragged down a bit by all those games as sub, not sure how many full games he has played.

gerkin greg

« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
Not sure how many full games some have watched

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »

I think that would be dragged down a bit by all those games as sub, not sure how many full games he has played.

You can also throw in the fact he's played more as a defensive HF than mid  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:31:05 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »

good call chuck - thing is regardless of touches, White has been having an impact in almost every game he plays

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
Tell you what I have had to reassess Whitey, had him written off at the end of this year

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
Not sure how many full games some have watched

It's not as bad as the Gardener situation

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
Doc Larkins said Whitey is pretty upbeat and doesn't believe there's a tear in his hammy. We'll see how he is midweek but, given Matty is a speedster, it's more likely he'll be hoping we win next week and he'll be back in the second week of the finals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2013, 02:26:16 AM »
“To miss out on the (Club’s) first final in 12 years . . . I still haven’t played a finals series as an AFL player," White told ‘Roar Vision’.

“I was gutted with the way it all ended and gutted that I didn’t play, so I’ll be fighting pretty hard to get there next year.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-09-12/white-agony

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »
Matty White would have to be one of the most improved this year.  Most of the time when he played, we looked better.  In the 1st elimination final, not having his run and carry did hurt us...not that he would have been the difference between winning and losing, for we will never know, but he was a loss.

Go for it again next year matty.  Well played this year.

the claw

matt white.
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
rumour is port adelaide have offered him a three yr contract and melbourne have offered him two yrs.
personally id be happy to let him go. these comments are from a couple of posters on another site and i concur wholly.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:08:17 PM by the claw »

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: matt white.
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
l would keep White. his just starting to show how good he was as a 18 year old. l like him  ;D