Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 77441 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #615 on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
Firstly, in answer to this question from Mr Magic:

Serious question has this happened to the threads of other players who've left the Tiges?

Short answer is this: there has been the odd 1-2 or that have been moved (eg Ben Cousins) but usually no we don't move them

Now onto this:

Obviously you have misunderstood me.  I'm not advocating not having a thread on ex Richmond players.  However, this thread should be on View from the Outer as he is now OBVIOUSLY ON THE OUTER!!!!!!!!!  This would not stop posters from still discussing this if they wished to.  To paraphrase you, no one is forcing you not to.
We have had 20 pages of this stuff on what is supposedly a Richmond team/player board.  I would have thought that it is more than enough and the mods should move it.  They seem to do that about other things that are now not related to Richmond.  I don't think it's unreasonable request as I am only asking them to follow their own rules.....And to answer your question, I don't keep count of how much time has been put into other former tigers that have gone to other teams so it's impossible to know if 20 pages of discussion or more has occurred with these players.  If it has then those discussions also should have been moved to View from the Outer IMHO.

A couple of points

* what we usually move is the stuff that has nothing to do with Richmond, past, present or future. Perfect example a thread started about the "Douglas Bump' that was started on this board. It was moved because it had nothing to do with Richmond. There is a clear difference I would have though

* Interestingly we didn't have anyone complaing the other the week when we played Brisbane and folks posted in the Luke McGuane thread; meaning it made a re-appearance after not being touched for a period of time

*  I would argue that the recent discussions in this thread are more about the Club's recruiting and retaining of players than the actual player himself. Good or bad to see someone do as well as White is at the moment and to see us not having anyone filling that role has raised an interesting debate and having re-read the last few pages that is what is making up the most recent discussion here. Perhaps you think we should split the discussions and create a whole new thread??

* Finally, don't take this the wrong way YBB, but you started a thread on this very board about Richard Tambling retiring. Richie hadn't been at Richmond for over 3 years & (obviously) at the time of his retirement he wasn't a RFC player. But again like the McGaune scenario there wasn't any request to have it moved   :-\ So I'd ask doesn't that sort of go against what you are arguing here?
I'd just like to reiterate that I said having 20 plus pages of repetitive stuff post his leaving of the tiges was enough. I never said that nothing should ever be posted on here that involves past players. White is well and truly a port player now. We need to move on.
As for Richie, he contributed to the RFC in many ways other than just football. Acknowledging him in his retirement is hardly the same as what I am talking about! Dont you think WP?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #616 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
Well if you wAnt to turn the quality posters away in droves then continue with threads about rival players on a richmond board. People don't like it, I'm telling ya  :shh

Incorrect.

As a quality veteran poster on this site, (with consensus being im in the top 3), i wish to advise you that such threads are unlikely to drive myself and my fellow droves away.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: May 16, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »

As for Richie, he contributed to the RFC in many ways other than just football. Acknowledging him in his retirement is hardly the same as what I am talking about! Dont you think WP?

Sorry but no I don't.

Whether it is 1 page or 20-40 pages, facts are as I said before outside a couple of threads we haven't moved threads about players no longer at the club and there have been no complaints until now.

What has been moved are threads that have nothing to do with the RFC. We have been very consistent with this as we've applied the same "rules" (your term BTW not mine) since the forum started.

As for the Tambling thread I used it as an example because it perfectly highlights that we have always allowed threads about former players being on the Richmond board; even players who in Tambling's case had been gone from the Club for 3 years.

Don't think you can have it both ways

So we'll have to agree to disagree

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: May 16, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »

Sorry but no I don't.

Whether it is 1 page or 20-40 pages, facts are as I said before outside a couple of threads we haven't moved threads about players no longer at the club and there have been no complaints until now.

What has been moved are threads that have nothing to do with the RFC. We have been very consistent with this as we've applied the same "rules" (your term BTW not mine) since the forum started.

As for the Tambling thread I used it as an example because it perfectly highlights that we have always allowed threads about former players being on the Richmond board; even players who in Tambling's case had been gone from the Club for 3 years.

Don't think you can have it both ways

So we'll have to agree to disagree
Ok. ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #619 on: May 16, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
Pull your head in, YBB.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #620 on: May 16, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
Move thread pls mods

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: May 16, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #622 on: May 16, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
Move thread pls mods

Hi Judge,

As previously advised the thread will remain.

I would ask kindly on behalf of us mods for everyone to refrain from further off~topic posts and remind all posters of the three strike rule.

Regards,

Dooks.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #623 on: May 16, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
Hi dooks

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #624 on: May 16, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
Well if you wAnt to turn the quality posters away in droves then continue with threads about rival players on a richmond board. People don't like it, I'm telling ya  :shh

Incorrect.

As a quality veteran poster on this site, (with consensus being im in the top 3), i wish to advise you that such threads are unlikely to drive myself and my fellow droves away.
You,represent yourself my friend and you re welcome to your opinion, for mine this thread is a load of tripe and has no more relevance than discussing the fed budget on the board  :banghead :sleep :wallywink
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: May 16, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
yet here you are racking up post counts in it
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #626 on: May 16, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »

Incorrect.

You haven't been registered on here for a year. Hardly a veteran, pull ya head in. Agree with everything else

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #627 on: May 16, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
Another bloody thread about an ex RFC player that no one really cares about.. :santa :banghead :birthday :whistle :police: :angel: :gotigers :cheers :'( :gobdrop :huh ;D :sleep
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #628 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
Yet you're posting in his thread. Count to potato before you press 'post'.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #629 on: May 16, 2014, 08:22:22 PM »
Yet you're posting in his thread. Count to potato before you press 'post'.

Thought you were quicker or more onto it coach. Go look in the Derickx thread mate, get with the program.. ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"