Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298525 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2012, 12:31:43 AM »
Doesn't put his head over it

Thought he was a hard nut but he should been embarrassed by some of his efforts today

Maybe he has been watching houli

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:23 AM »
He looked spent today.

dwaino

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2012, 12:55:46 AM »
Bloody hell, not dominating at 18 with a whole 6 games under his belt  :banghead dud delist  :banghead :banghead

Offline Phantom-eagle

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2012, 08:19:48 AM »
Hi. First time poster.
For what it's worth I think some of the comments on this topic are pretty harsh on this kid. He has done terrifically well to date playing in all games and getting good numbers. The criticism of him that he"sits back" I think is incorrect. He was recruited as he is such a good user of the ball. He set up play all last season with the cannons and I think that for the moment that's what dimma has in mid for him. If he's down at the bottom of packs it makes it tough for him to do this. I think dimma's idea is that he wants him to have the ball in his hands and use it well and give the forwards more chances. If you mark him on that, I think he's had a pretty good season.
Morris has been a great pickup too.
BTW I am not his dad!
 :gotigers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »
Im guilty of originally thinking he was hard at it, but past couple weeks have been making me reconsider that.

gerkin greg

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
Bloody hell, not dominating at 18 with a whole 6 games under his belt  :banghead dud delist  :banghead :banghead

no one is expecting him to dominate

he aint putting his head over the ball when he should
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:23:10 PM by one-eyed »

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

no one is expecting him to dominate you peanut panther

he aint putting his head over the ball when he should
I agree with the gerkin. Has the skills and footy smarts to make it just needs to eradicate that one part of his game where it 'appears' he doesn't want to make contact with the opposition.

What worries me more is that he seems to 'poo' himself and fumble the ball when he is given a pass and the opposition are chasing. Few times he has let it roll out of play or caused a hold up.

Just an observation. Still think he has been very good to date, will get better with more games.

dwaino

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
The rest of the team aren't afraid to pass it to him and is involved in much of our link work through the middle on the rebound. And maybe he is told not to jump on every ball? Give the kid a break. After 6 games he is already better than 25+ blokes on the list. He can only improve.

Bunch of skirts.

Btw gerks can only see your posts when you're quoted  :rollin

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
Dwain. I hate it when someones words get twisted into that "stop picking on a young bloke" poo.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:22:34 PM by one-eyed »

gerkin greg

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
Dwain. I hate it when someones words get twisted into that "stop picking on a young bloke" poo.

Vegetarian. Clearly not thinking straight.

dwaino

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2012, 12:54:12 PM »
I hate it when someone can't differentiate between constructive criticism and outright winging.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »
Stating a fact is "winging"? What's winging?

:lol

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »
Its not about being an outside or an inside player its about him not putting his nose over it when its his turn to go. Myself and the people i go to the footy with have noticed it in multiple games this year. I like what Ellis offers and he is still very young but it is certainly an element of his game that he needs to improve. I'm confident he will and I think he'll be a quality player for us.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
Stating a fact is "winging"? What's winging?

:lol

Something to do with chickens perhaps...... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
The rest of the team aren't afraid to pass it to him and is involved in much of our link work through the middle on the rebound. And maybe he is told not to jump on every ball? Give the kid a break. After 6 games he is already better than 25+ blokes on the list. He can only improve.

Bunch of skirts.

Btw gerks can only see your posts when you're quoted  :rollin

So did you notice deep in the forward pocket when he was clear all he had to do was pick the ball up and he looked scared and fumbled it out of bounds? That deserves criticism no matter who you are