Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298517 times)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »
Well that has to be the most ridiculous post I've read on here for a long time...and that's saying something !

You look silly.  1st quarter.  Ellis disposals.  Inconsequential.  Melbourne were up by 2 points.  Put the ball in a players hands who would take the game on, run and carry, kick long to advantage, attack, be creative  etc. eg Martin, Deledio, Vlaustin, Cotchin etc. we would have been up by 5 goals at quarter time.  Consider the lack of pressure that Melbourne applied and he was running free on the wing without an opponent.  Should really watch the game closely before you get sucked in by the hype.

Two words.  Metres Gained.

19.42  Receives kick, tackled, falls over, kicks 40m down the line to contest. Rance overwhelmed.
18.26  Handballs 15m backwards to jackson.
16.49  Disposessed
16.32 Kicked 50m straight up in the air, about 10m forwards. Called play on.
14:44 Dropped Mark, fumbled over boundary line.
14.27 25m kick along ground. Melb gets ball. 50m penalty - Melbourne goal.
13.05 20m sideways kick to edwards.
11.25 fumbles - stumbles - falls over - free kick - 30m chip pass to boundary line near attacking 50m.
10.48 hb receive - 30m chip pass to boundary line near attacking 50m.
9.32 Loose ball, handball to jackson - back again - handball cotchin.
9.10 receives, no pressure, 55m out, floats a 40m kick on top of kings (178cm) head against taller garland 191cm.  Was plenty space in front of king if the pass was kicked to his advantage.
8.30 Cut off wayward melbourne kick on the wing.  Good mark but made it look hard. 10m kick to Dea.  Was not required distance - play on.
8.20 Gets it back from dea, kicks it 20m sideways - 10m forward in centre of ground to foley.
Timmy Watson mentions lack of pressure on Tigers mid to 50m kicks.
2.49 Receives handball - handballs forward 20m - receives it back and then runs himself into trouble, handballs backwards to vlaustin. Vlaustin takes the game on.
1.18 Receives kick - handballs backwards to houli who running past.  Houli gets in trouble - handballs back to him.  He gives it right back to Houli. Scared.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »
I actually understand where unplugged is coming from.

I thought Ellis was very good but didn't think he was BOG because of that 1st qtr. alot of his kicks didn't really impact on our ability to score. Too many chip kicks switching play, granted he wasn't alone, they were all doing it.

But his long kicking is a treat to watch and I hate seeing him wasting it with little "dinky" chip kicks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2013, 06:48:20 PM »
Irrespective of his kicking effectiveness I think 39 disposals for a still teenager is amazing

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
Irrespective of his kicking effectiveness I think 39 disposals for a still teenager is amazing

Certainly not disputing that

Was surprised Melb didn't try and stop us using Ellis as the go to release player TBH
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
Disgraceful
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:54 PM »
My flabber is well and truly gassted
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phantom-eagle

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #396 on: May 22, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »
So many errors... Make an example of him and drop him to coburg. If only he had less disposals he would have made fewer errors. Hack. Three letters: nfi

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:02 PM »
So many errors... Make an example of him and drop him to coburg. If only he had less disposals he would have made fewer errors. Hack. Three letters: nfi

Don't be too hard on yourself.  :cheers

Offline Phantom-eagle

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #398 on: May 22, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
 Pay that :)

dwaino

« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
WGAF. Second year player had a blinder. Quit yo jibba jabber.

tony_montana

« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »
Well that has to be the most ridiculous post I've read on here for a long time...and that's saying something !

You look silly.  1st quarter.  Ellis disposals.  Inconsequential.  Melbourne were up by 2 points.  Put the ball in a players hands who would take the game on, run and carry, kick long to advantage, attack, be creative  etc. eg Martin, Deledio, Vlaustin, Cotchin etc. we would have been up by 5 goals at quarter time.  Consider the lack of pressure that Melbourne applied and he was running free on the wing without an opponent.  Should really watch the game closely before you get sucked in by the hype.

Two words.  Metres Gained.

19.42  Receives kick, tackled, falls over, kicks 40m down the line to contest. Rance overwhelmed.
18.26  Handballs 15m backwards to jackson.
16.49  Disposessed
16.32 Kicked 50m straight up in the air, about 10m forwards. Called play on.
14:44 Dropped Mark, fumbled over boundary line.
14.27 25m kick along ground. Melb gets ball. 50m penalty - Melbourne goal.
13.05 20m sideways kick to edwards.
11.25 fumbles - stumbles - falls over - free kick - 30m chip pass to boundary line near attacking 50m.
10.48 hb receive - 30m chip pass to boundary line near attacking 50m.
9.32 Loose ball, handball to jackson - back again - handball cotchin.
9.10 receives, no pressure, 55m out, floats a 40m kick on top of kings (178cm) head against taller garland 191cm.  Was plenty space in front of king if the pass was kicked to his advantage.
8.30 Cut off wayward melbourne kick on the wing.  Good mark but made it look hard. 10m kick to Dea.  Was not required distance - play on.
8.20 Gets it back from dea, kicks it 20m sideways - 10m forward in centre of ground to foley.
Timmy Watson mentions lack of pressure on Tigers mid to 50m kicks.
2.49 Receives handball - handballs forward 20m - receives it back and then runs himself into trouble, handballs backwards to vlaustin. Vlaustin takes the game on.
1.18 Receives kick - handballs backwards to houli who running past.  Houli gets in trouble - handballs back to him.  He gives it right back to Houli. Scared.

Your 1st sentence sums up you and this post

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2013, 08:58:32 PM »
I can't believe we are breaking down the stats of a kid in his second year who got the pill 39 times but a bloke like Jako who butchers momentum the footy and everything else consistently never gets an in depth analysis like this.
Goes to show if people don't like a player the lengths they will stoop to criticise everything.

Rampstar

« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »
Last week was the first time that I thought he had the ability to be an above average footballer. Needs to continue to work on his game and not stuff around with the chip kicks but the boy is going ok.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
Will watch with interest his game this week.

gerkin greg

« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
I love the modern game. Chip passes are now 30m.

Agree Ellis wasn't very damaging despite the big numbers.