Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298576 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 26, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
Watching him yesterday, he looked so much more developed than GWS players who were taken in the same draft.

Non-stop running, contested marking and dobbing goals from 55 out, another GWS recruiting blunder!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ruanaidh

« Reply #511 on: August 26, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
Watching him yesterday, he looked so much more developed than GWS players who were taken in the same draft.

Non-stop running, contested marking and dobbing goals from 55 out, another GWS recruiting blunder!
Or.....do we finally have a good development model? I hope it's a bit of both.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
Love this guy.

Fantastic second year player!  Well done FJ at pick 15!!! :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :cheers :cheers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #513 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
Pick 14 = morris + Ellis  :shh

Ruanaidh

« Reply #514 on: August 26, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »
Pick 14 = morris + Ellis  :shh
When you put it like that.... :clapping....what a masterstroke.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: August 26, 2013, 09:12:41 PM »
Interested to hear if bigtone has changed his perception of Ellis. Has really gone to another level this season and is starting to get sat on so opposition sides are starting to notice him. Not having a crack, we all have players that for various reasons we don't get enamoured with
In all honesty I still think he is a whimp.
Yes he gets plenty of he footy but more often than not goes sideways or backwards with it. He is still to scared to 'pull the trigger' with that attacking kick that has to hit a target.
Clearly not a backman either, his want for body contact and tackling is questionable in my opinion. I know people say he is only in his second year but you only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it. Really concerned he will be shown up in the finals against the bigger bodies too, but time will tell.
Credit where credit is due though he has been better, but let's not go over boards and say opposition teams are sitting on him, it was once against Carlton.
He is a wingman and plays like a wingman and has earnt  his spot there, so good on him and good on us.
So to answer your question, no my perception hasn't really changed about the things I hated him for.
So what do you think Tone? Is he our next Brownlow medalist?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #516 on: August 26, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
he is no wimp

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #517 on: August 26, 2013, 09:21:45 PM »
Interested to hear if bigtone has changed his perception of Ellis. Has really gone to another level this season and is starting to get sat on so opposition sides are starting to notice him. Not having a crack, we all have players that for various reasons we don't get enamoured with
Yes he gets plenty of he footy but more often than not goes sideways or backwards with it. He is still to scared to 'pull the trigger' with that attacking kick that has to hit a target.
Clearly not a backman either, his want for body contact and tackling is questionable in my opinion. I know people say he is only in his second year but you only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it. Really concerned he will be shown up in the finals against the bigger bodies too, but time will tell.
Credit where credit is due though he has been better, but let's not go over boards and say opposition teams are sitting on him, it was once against Carlton.
He is a wingman and plays like a wingman and has earnt  his spot there, so good on him and good on us.
So to answer your question, no my perception hasn't really changed about the things I hated him for.

If Ellis is a whimp Grigg is a pre pubescent schoolgirl

tony_montana

« Reply #518 on: August 26, 2013, 09:37:44 PM »

not a brownlow medalist, but hes going to be a gun. Seen him go plenty of times when its his turn, but I guess like houli, sometimes supporters stamp their papers and thats it.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

not a brownlow medalist, but hes going to be a gun. Seen him go plenty of times when its his turn, but I guess like houli, sometimes supporters stamp their papers and thats it.
Houli can go back with the flight, but poops him self when head on contact is coming. Oh and I see no problem with Bigtones assessment. I rate him a bit more than him but he does have some valid concerns.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »

Another product of the punt rd academy :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #521 on: August 26, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »

and then there's players like deledio who seem to play the game so they're never in a situation where they have to back into packs....... ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
short memory

deledio put his body on the line on the weekend many times .
and he won the most courageous a few yrs ago for backing in and taking a mark where he was hit hard

deledio is labelled falsely

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #523 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:57 PM »
Deledio often risks his safety to put  himself in dangerous situations for the good of the team. He is far from soft.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2013, 04:30:11 AM »
yep most of us see this