Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298585 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #540 on: August 27, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »
Interested to hear if bigtone has changed his perception of Ellis. Has really gone to another level this season and is starting to get sat on so opposition sides are starting to notice him. Not having a crack, we all have players that for various reasons we don't get enamoured with
only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it.

Rubbish. Kep Bradley was the biggest whimp I had ever seen when he was at Essendon. At Fremantle he gets a game (when fit) because of his aggression and versatility. Some young players take longer than others to become completely comfortable with the physicality of football. You'd know this if you were more than a keyboard hard man ;D Ellis will never be as hard as Vlastuin but he will stick his head over the onion.
Stick to fishing or being 'the funny man'  because when you actually talk about footy, you sound stupid. Kep Bradley  :clapping :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #541 on: August 28, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
Interested to hear if bigtone has changed his perception of Ellis. Has really gone to another level this season and is starting to get sat on so opposition sides are starting to notice him. Not having a crack, we all have players that for various reasons we don't get enamoured with
only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it.

Rubbish. Kep Bradley was the biggest whimp I had ever seen when he was at Essendon. At Fremantle he gets a game (when fit) because of his aggression and versatility. Some young players take longer than others to become completely comfortable with the physicality of football. You'd know this if you were more than a keyboard hard man ;D Ellis will never be as hard as Vlastuin but he will stick his head over the onion.
Stick to fishing or being 'the funny man'  because when you actually talk about footy, you sound stupid. Kep Bradley  :clapping :clapping

I thought Bradley was a good example of a player who was poo scared as a young bloke but as he matured became very solid at the contest. Your comments on Ellis smell of an internet wannabe who has probably never crossed the white line himself. You stick to pretending you have inside information and I will stick to being a genius. Throwing out insults and making things up doesn't win an argument, guy. Don't make me bring up your Rance claims  :lol

Regards,
Davey
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:15:22 AM by Coach »

tony_montana

« Reply #542 on: August 28, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
In all honesty I still think he is a whimp.
Yes he gets plenty of he footy but more often than not goes sideways or backwards with it. He is still to scared to 'pull the trigger' with that attacking kick that has to hit a target.
Clearly not a backman either, his want for body contact and tackling is questionable in my opinion. I know people say he is only in his second year but you only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it. Really concerned he will be shown up in the finals against the bigger bodies too, but time will tell.
Credit where credit is due though he has been better, but let's not go over boards and say opposition teams are sitting on him, it was once against Carlton.
He is a wingman and plays like a wingman and has earnt  his spot there, so good on him and good on us.
So to answer your question, no my perception hasn't really changed about the things I hated him for.
So what do you think Tone? Is he our next Brownlow medalist?

not a brownlow medalist, but hes going to be a gun. Seen him go plenty of times when its his turn, but I guess like houli, sometimes supporters stamp their papers and thats it.
Houli can go back with the flight, but poops him self when head on contact is coming. Oh and I see no problem with Bigtones assessment. I rate him a bit more than him but he does have some valid concerns.

What exactly are valid concerns? he's a 2nd year player for goodness sakes, of course he needs to work on his game. The point is he clearly is and is making rapid progress so in that regard, i don't see them as valid concerns - at all. As for the point that he goes backwards and sideways most of the time - pure unadulterated garbage by big tone.

Further to that, comparing him to Vlas, not every player is an inside hardnut, you have inside players, outside players and some that do both. Dan Hannebery goes in hard like Vlas, Jetta doesnt, does that make Jetta a concern for Sydney? Nope, just a different style of player.
Hey Tone, I didn't know my opinion meant so much to ya!
The other night when you asked if my opinion about Ellis had changed, I thought it was a serious question but in reading how angry you are it seems you were just being a d1ckhead. Maybe trying to be a funny man in front of all your Richmond Rant buddies.
I guess I just gave you way to much credit to be able to read what I posted. I never mentioned him being scared to go with the flight of the footy, it was more about him being  scared to make a mistake with his kicking and decision making. Which in tern makes him kick sideways and backwards a lot.  Read it again. It has nothing to do with inside mids or outside mids, or even how old you are.
At least you didnt compare him to Keppler Braddley.  :wallywink
Just one more thing, even if I think he is scared at times, I don't come on here every week and say how poo he is like some other posters do about other players.
Just my opinion on him, you are in titled to yours..
Be happy fella, we are in the finals.  :thumbsup

Hey bt if you notice I was replying to yeahright, what makes you think I got so angry at you? Don't care too much what u think, if you see my response to you I wasn't really interested in going further with it.. I know your stance and while I don't agree, like you said we are all entitled to an opinion. Frustration came when yeahright pricked a nerve  ;D but stiff poo, we're playing finals that's all that matters  :cheers

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »

I thought Bradley was a good example of a player who was poo scared as a young bloke but as he matured became very solid at the contest. Your comments on Ellis smell of an internet wannabe who has probably never crossed the white line himself. You stick to pretending you have inside information and I will stick to being a genius. Throwing out insults and making things up doesn't win an argument, guy. Don't make me bring up your Rance claims  :lol

Regards,
Davey
FO flog!
The truth be known in the real world I wouldnt give you the time of day. I like talking and hearing about the Tigers, that is why I come on here. There is some posters I enjoy hearing their opinions and then theirs you. You add very little.  :sleep You try and be funny but you aren't.  :help To be honest you sound like a sad little old man looking for attention.  :help I bet you are one of those fellas that most people tolerate but not really like.  :banghead
I couldn't give a crap how many games of footy you played or for whom you played for because I don't care. :o  But for he record, I played a lot of senior footy. My last club being Balwyn.  :gotigers

On the Alex Rance thing, me rating him and you not makes you look like the knob here.

Now Davey we can swap insults all day long but it only gets me angry,  :huh i posted my opinion on a player after being asked for it, that is all, if you don't agree with my posts that's fine but don't be a hero and insult me from behind your keyboard it only makes you look pathetic.  :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
Yes he gets plenty of he footy but more often than not goes sideways or backwards with it. He is still to scared to 'pull the trigger' with that attacking kick that has to hit a target.
Clearly not a backman either, his want for body contact and tackling is questionable in my opinion. I know people say he is only in his second year but you only have to take a look how Vlastuin attacks the ball and man to see that age has nothing to do with it. Really concerned he will be shown up in the finals against the bigger bodies too, but time will tell.
Credit where credit is due though he has been better, but let's not go over boards and say opposition teams are sitting on him, it was once against Carlton.
He is a wingman and plays like a wingman and has earnt  his spot there, so good on him and good on us.
So to answer your question, no my perception hasn't really changed about the things I hated him for.

not a brownlow medalist, but hes going to be a gun. Seen him go plenty of times when its his turn, but I guess like houli, sometimes supporters stamp their papers and thats it.
Houli can go back with the flight, but poops him self when head on contact is coming. Oh and I see no problem with Bigtones assessment. I rate him a bit more than him but he does have some valid concerns.

What exactly are valid concerns? he's a 2nd year player for goodness sakes, of course he needs to work on his game. The point is he clearly is and is making rapid progress so in that regard, i don't see them as valid concerns - at all. As for the point that he goes backwards and sideways most of the time - pure unadulterated garbage by big tone.

Further to that, comparing him to Vlas, not every player is an inside hardnut, you have inside players, outside players and some that do both. Dan Hannebery goes in hard like Vlas, Jetta doesnt, does that make Jetta a concern for Sydney? Nope, just a different style of player.
The other night when you asked if my opinion about Ellis had changed, I thought it was a serious question but in reading how angry you are it seems you were just being a d1ckhead. Maybe trying to be a funny man in front of all your Richmond Rant buddies.
I guess I just gave you way to much credit to be able to read what I posted. I never mentioned him being scared to go with the flight of the footy, it was more about him being  scared to make a mistake with his kicking and decision making. Which in tern makes him kick sideways and backwards a lot.  Read it again. It has nothing to do with inside mids or outside mids, or even how old you are.
Just one more thing, even if I think he is scared at times, I don't come on here every week and say how poo he is like some other posters do about other players.

Hey bt if you notice I was replying to yeahright, what makes you think I got so angry at you? Don't care too much what u think, if you see my response to you I wasn't really interested in going further with it.. I know your stance and while I don't agree, like you said we are all entitled to an opinion. Frustration came when yeahright pricked a nerve  ;D but stiff poo, we're playing finals that's all that matters  :cheers
"Pure unadulterated garage by Big Tone"
Maybe that might be the reason??
And if you don't care what I think then why ask me for my opinion in the first place?
To be honest I don't really care what you think either, it just really annoys me when people like you spoil this site trying to be a hero because someone "pricks a nerve". Yeahright said nothing more than he agreed with me.
Pull your head in!  :cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »

Regards,
Davey

And how many games did you play again.  Hmmm 2 I think, and for a pox club at that.

:lol

and yes it is two more than I have played but really WGAF  :cheers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
Frustration came when yeahright pricked a nerve  ;D but stiff poo, we're playing finals that's all that matters  :cheers

Sorry, was not intended :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »

"Pure unadulterated garage by Big Tone"
Maybe that might be the reason??
And if you don't care what I think then why ask me for my opinion in the first place?
To be honest I don't really care what you think either, it just really annoys me when people like you spoil this site trying to be a hero because someone "pricks a nerve". Yeahright said nothing more than he agreed with me.
Pull your head in!  :cheers

I asked you the question bc I honestly wanted to see what you thought, being an Ellis basher from way back... got the answer, didn't agree with it and left it bc Its not worth arguing with your type.
With yeahright, I felt he misinterpreted my 2nd post hence the frustration when I replied to it. But that's all good, there's no hard feelings on my behalf and his I don't think, I said my bit, he said his we move on. Sorry to spoil your day princess  :wub

tony_montana

« Reply #548 on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
Frustration came when yeahright pricked a nerve  ;D but stiff poo, we're playing finals that's all that matters  :cheers

Sorry, was not intended :thumbsup

:thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

Regards,
Davey
FO flog!
The truth be known in the real world I wouldnt give you the time of day. I like talking and hearing about the Tigers, that is why I come on here. There is some posters I enjoy hearing their opinions and then theirs you. You add very little.  :sleep You try and be funny but you aren't.  :help To be honest you sound like a sad little old man looking for attention.  :help I bet you are one of those fellas that most people tolerate but not really like.  :banghead
I couldn't give a crap how many games of footy you played or for whom you played for because I don't care. :o  But for he record, I played a lot of senior footy. My last club being Balwyn.  :gotigers

On the Alex Rance thing, me rating him and you not makes you look like the knob here.

Now Davey we can swap insults all day long but it only gets me angry,  :huh i posted my opinion on a player after being asked for it, that is all, if you don't agree with my posts that's fine but don't be a hero and insult me from behind your keyboard it only makes you look pathetic.  :thumbsup

Wow the hostility.

Now Davey we can swap insults all day long but it only gets me angry

What insults have I dished out to you? Said you sounded like an internet wannabe? Haha. Getting angry over this says a little something about you I would think.

don't be a hero and insult me from behind your keyboard it only makes you look pathetic.  :thumbsup

Hmmm. Considering your last few posts have been mostly handing out abuse perhaps you should have a look in the mirror. I would as well but I think I've been quite reasonable here.

Here you go again, making things up to suit you. The discussion re Rance was about my (yes my) belief that he had struggled to play on bigger forwards ala Trav Cloke, Drew Petrie. The coaching staff have even said they recruited Chaplin to play on those types  :lol To Rancey's credit I reckon he has done a fantastic job this year on some of the monster forwards.

There is some posters I enjoy hearing their opinions and then theirs you.

Awww geee I can't make sense of that. Correct his spelling, 65.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »

Regards,
Davey

And how many games did you play again.  Hmmm 2 I think, and for a pox club at that.

Played for more than one pox club. You'll need to be specific

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »

No spelling errors, just a few grammatical ones.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »

Regards,
Davey

And how many AFL games did you play again.  Hmmm 2 I think, and for a pox club at that.

Played for more than one pox club. You'll need to be specific

sorry (corrected above)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

What about "theirs"?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »

What about "theirs"?

Not a spelling error.

A word that is not in common usage but a word all the same.

:cheers