Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298524 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #660 on: April 18, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
Along with Chaplin and Vickery just about the most disappointing player this season so far.

Don't forget conkout
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #661 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:31 PM »
Im just sick of them all. Theres a few. Call them what you want depending on the number of duds that you include.

The famous five, the secret 6, the shytefarm seven.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #662 on: April 18, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »
Yeah saw that, jumped straight up bc he didn't want to go back with the flight, dermie also highlighted an incident with Houli where he pulled up real quick, also saw grigg pull out of the way when Brown took his final makr on the boundary, should have spoiled.

We will go nowhere while this type of play is allowed. Its the same players doing it week in week out and yet they never get dropped for it, then we wonder why we cant top the rot when opposition sides get a run on - answers right there dimma, some blokes don't want it bad enough - simple as that

Spot on TM.

Look he is young, along with Conca, I can be patient. He has upside that he can find the ball and is an elite runner. With interchange becoming a hot topic with caps, elite runner will be worth their weight very soon. Just needs to grow up a bit and maybe take a hit or two to win a game and realise the power of it. However Luke McDonald in his first game this year went back with the flight and nearly killed himself. I'm not really one for giving age as an excuse, you either have courage or you don't, very hard thing to train. As good as Joel Bowden was, he wasn't someone who loved contact and finished his career quite revered.

Spot on about Grigg and Houli being the major culprits in their late 20's, doesn't help when guys like Ellis see these two shirk contests. Its one of the many small issues we need to fix up.
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
Kahunas need to drop - but will they ever?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
So what if he's young.

One is born courageous.

It's not acquired.

He's a stuffn monkey
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #665 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
So what if he's young.

One is born courageous.

It's not acquired.

He's a stuffn monkey

That was my exact point, as in the Luke McDonald first game reference and that courage can't be taught.

The point is that he is young and he could turn into a player where his lack of courage is irrelevant cause he over compensated for elite kicking, goal kicking, running that he is currently trying to develop. SO i'm more lenient on Ellis than say someone like Grigg who is soft and won't be developing his skills much further.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
I wish we had the depth to drop Brandon atm. On easy street.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: April 18, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
I wish we had the depth to drop Brandon atm. On easy street.
About 6-8 that need to go first.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #668 on: April 18, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »
I reckon his old man should give him a rocket because the club is incapable of getting the desired result from any harsh type word atm. Kid has been weak as pee.
Thank you Michael Firrito from Nought game last year when he was subbed early. :help

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
Should either be playing Grigg's role. (I said that about Houli too but stuff him....saving Ellis' career before it's too late is far more important at this stage.)

If he keeps up this trajectory however then trade him before it's too late....might even get a first rounder.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Should either be playing Grigg's role. (I said that about Houli too but stuff him....saving Ellis' career before it's too late is far more important at this stage.)

If he keeps up this trajectory however then trade him before it's too late....might even get a first rounder.
He was a first rounder……. :rollin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »

He was a first rounder……. :rollin

Which is one reason why we just might still get one in exchange.....a better one from an uncompromised draft even.....

At some point the club (and some fans for that matter) has to realise you actually have to give up things of value to get things of value in return.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »
Teams don't pick up squib p00fs.... Bar richmond
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »

If that's the case then Carlton needn't worry about Bryce Gibbs receiving any offers.....except from us.

- Thomas Sowell

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »

If that's the case then Carlton needn't worry about Bryce Gibbs receiving any offers.....except from us.
:lol