Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298566 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #795 on: June 11, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
It certainly is fair to question the numbers and I'll agree it isn't much of an improvement but I maintain that an improvement doesn't deserved to be labelled as "going backwards"

Category                            This year               Previous year             2012
Tackling                                 3.0                            2.1                        1.7
1%'s                                      1.3                            1.0                        1.3 (could argue this is higher due to him being on a HBF)
Contested possessions         6.0                            4.8                        4.1
Disposals                               23.0                         18.6                      15.7 (only put this in because I was surprised he had more
.                                                                                                                   disposals this year to be honest)

So yep not massive improvements but still improvements. Except for 1%ers even I wouldn't bother arguing the HBF shizen.

I see your point but I just see it a bit differently. I just reckon when losing people tend to ignore the good stuff and the imrpovements and focus on the bad stuff.

Thanks for that  :thumbsup

Actually not surprised by his total possession numbers, executing a lot of short kicks this year.

Have to say the tackling one is the one that most concerns me but at the same time doesn't surprise me either. TBH Would have hoped it would have doubled from 2 to 4.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #796 on: June 11, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »
Brandon Dike and  Reece Witherspoon.

Who else we got? ;D

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #797 on: June 11, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
Still don't know who we should have drafted instead

I can't see how you can have a bagging thread without the old chestnut we should have drafted ......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: June 11, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »
It certainly is fair to question the numbers and I'll agree it isn't much of an improvement but I maintain that an improvement doesn't deserved to be labelled as "going backwards"

Category                            This year               Previous year             2012
Tackling                                 3.0                            2.1                        1.7
1%'s                                      1.3                            1.0                        1.3 (could argue this is higher due to him being on a HBF)
Contested possessions         6.0                            4.8                        4.1
Disposals                               23.0                         18.6                      15.7 (only put this in because I was surprised he had more
.                                                                                                                   disposals this year to be honest)

So yep not massive improvements but still improvements. Except for 1%ers even I wouldn't bother arguing the HBF shizen.

I see your point but I just see it a bit differently. I just reckon when losing people tend to ignore the good stuff and the imrpovements and focus on the bad stuff.

Thanks for that  :thumbsup

Actually not surprised by his total possession numbers, executing a lot of short kicks this year.

Have to say the tackling one is the one that most concerns me but at the same time doesn't surprise me either. TBH Would have hoped it would have doubled from 2 to 4.

As someone with supposedly a massive tank, you'd think he could put in a few more tackles. But with Grigg as his role model what do you expect  ;)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #799 on: June 11, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
Still don't know who we should have drafted instead

I can't see how you can have a bagging thread without the old chestnut we should have drafted ......

Bootsma although mail is we will use our 2nd round pick on him at the end of the year

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: June 11, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
As someone with supposedly a massive tank, you'd think he could put in a few more tackles. But with Grigg as his role model what do you expect  ;)

So true, so very true

:thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: June 14, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
Soft bruise free player

Needs to be dropped

dwaino

« Reply #802 on: June 14, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »
Should be dropped for haircut.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #803 on: June 14, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
Who???? Is he in the team????????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #804 on: June 14, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
God Ellis, hero goal... :chuck
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: June 14, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
 :chuck :chuck :chuck

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #806 on: June 14, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »
for all the courage he seemigly lacks at ground level, he generally has no such issues in the air....

Thanks for making a liar out of me today, Brandon.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #807 on: June 14, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »
Hows the pump up when we were 5 goals down..

When we had a slight sniff it didn't look as stupid. But in reflection it was dump. Especially since the goal that his kick was the first kick he kicked forward of centre all day.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2014, 05:41:11 PM »
I reckon his last few weeks have been pretty good. Barring the Essendon game actually.

Rampstar

« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
he does things in games I dont like. again today he was poor at some contests. very poor.