Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298540 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #900 on: June 30, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »
Ellis was interviewed on K-Rock post-Saturday's win ...

AUDIO: http://www.krockfootball.com.au/round-15-post-match-interview-st-kilda-vs-richmond-saturday-june-28/

Ellis - "Last year, I was finding that I was cramping halfway through the third quarter and the start of the last, but to be able finish off games, I think that’s been very beneficial for me in the last month. The boys respect me a lot more now and I feel a lot more comfortable out there.  It takes a couple of years to get that respect."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... Ellis has averaged 27.6 per match in his past 11 games, and would surely be figuring prominently in the Tigers’ Best and Fairest count at this stage.

“I think he’s had a pretty consistent year,” said Richmond’s coach Damien Hardwick.

“He’s a guy that’s got enormous work-rate, and he started to find that he can actually run players into the ground.

“His tank is enormous, he’s found what works for him . . . it’s really one of his weapons that he can actually use.

“He’s watched a lot of tape of some players that work in a similar manner, so he’s starting to get into his footy, which is great.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-30/ellis-keeps-on-running

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #901 on: June 30, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
The mere fact you even try and validate your point with Griggs statistics proves you have NFI.

Grigg should not be compared with anyone on our list in any way shape or form, apart from his former mate. He is the third worst footballer I've seen in 30 yrs.

I said every club needs one and he will be ours didn't say he was now.

Ellis doesn't squib as much as what's made out. FFS I see Houli do it a lot more than Ellis, and how many games he played and how many Shaw?
Maybe you would prefer a Morris who doesn't squib but goes to ground at every second contest. He is young and will develop to be one of our better players.

Sorry my bad re: knights. All good just replace him with Hampson and Thomas then 

Same same  pal. Apology accepted

Bang!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #902 on: June 30, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »
As for the Bulldogs game, yes the loss was a collective effort but sugar coat it anyway you want but the fact remains he yet again didn't attack a contest, he stood back, allowed Gia first use of the ball and waited and the result of it was they scored a goal. All he had to do was make a contest, tahrs it he didn't. If any other player that you don't like eg Edwards S or Houli had done the same thing you'd be baying for their head. Apply the same rules to all players.

I just rewatched that and have to say I think you're being unfair on Ellis. Looks like he tried to attack the contest but got an unfair bounce and Gia was smart enough to just knock it on instead of taking possession. The real culprit was one of our supposed faster players and the superstar himself Chris Newman not being able to keep up with Stewart Crameri who plays as a KPF :banghead

The mere fact you even try and validate your point with Griggs statistics proves you have NFI.

Grigg should not be compared with anyone on our list in any way shape or form, apart from his former mate. He is the third worst footballer I've seen in 30 yrs.

Ellis doesn't squib as much as what's made out. FFS I see Houli do it a lot more than Ellis, and how many games he played and how many Shaw?
Maybe you would prefer a Morris who doesn't squib but goes to ground at every second contest. He is young and will develop to be one of our better players.

Sorry my bad re: knights. All good just replace him with Hampson and Thomas then 

Bang!

This was such a nothing reply I don't think I'll bother even trying to make sense of it and thinking of a rebuttal because I'm sure whatever point I think you meant I'm sure you'll say I was wrong to further enhance your superior football knowledge.

As you would say...

BANG!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #903 on: July 01, 2014, 05:28:33 AM »
You wrote 4 lines dear what do you want a thesis. If you want a detailed reply you have the wrong bloke, my posts are short sharp,  accurate and of high quality   :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »
I would just like to say that Grigg is an under appreciated footballer

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
If he can run hard enough to get 30 possessions a game he should be able to throw in a couple of tackles as well
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

the claw

« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »

Bang!
griggs run and spread is very good. i dont think anyone can fault him in that area.
grigg and ellis are compared because they play similar ways  they can certainly be compared with their defense which quite frankly is not good enough.they both accumulate lots of ball and they both use it poorly too often imo.

angus im not here to get into slanging matches with people. im just pointing out what i and many others see as short comings in ellis game. if i thought he was a dud id be yelling out long and loud delist the dud.

i would like the club to firstly find a real quick highly skilled line breaker to replace grigg. so i see much more in ellis most people do.
basically all im saying is ellis must round his game out or he too will be put in the exact same gun as grigg for the exact same reasons.
i reckon if grigg can cop it in the neck for his shortcomings ellis can cop it too for similar shortcomings.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »

AUDIO: http://www.krockfootball.com.au/round-15-post-match-interview-st-kilda-vs-richmond-saturday-june-28/

Ellis - "Last year, I was finding that I was cramping halfway through the third quarter and the start of the last, but to be able finish off games, I think that’s been very beneficial for me in the last month. The boys respect me a lot more now and I feel a lot more comfortable out there.  It takes a couple of years to get that respect."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... Ellis has averaged 27.6 per match in his past 11 games, and would surely be figuring prominently in the Tigers’ Best and Fairest count at this stage.

“I think he’s had a pretty consistent year,” said Richmond’s coach Damien Hardwick.

“He’s a guy that’s got enormous work-rate, and he started to find that he can actually run players into the ground.

“His tank is enormous, he’s found what works for him . . . it’s really one of his weapons that he can actually use.

“He’s watched a lot of tape of some players that work in a similar manner, so he’s starting to get into his footy, which is great.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-30/ellis-keeps-on-running
completeky delusional comments from Ellis he gas been terrible thus year
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
Apparently he is a smokey for our B&F

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
FFS He is 20 years old, this is his 3rd season, cut the guy some slack, I think he is doing pretty well.
Do you expect all players to be superstars from day one? Honestly show me the player who has consistently been a gun only playing for 2.5 yrs.
Brandon is doing great, stop whining you bunch of morons and support our young up and coming players

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
FFS He is 20 years old, this is his 3rd season, cut the guy some slack, I think he is doing pretty well.
Do you expect all players to be superstars from day one? Honestly show me the player who has consistently been a gun only playing for 2.5 yrs.
Brandon is doing great, stop whining you bunch of morons and support our young up and coming players

Definitely dont over expect from youngsters and always willing to give them time.

The alledged issue with Brandon though is that he is soft, unfortunately that is a mindset that is extremely difficult to retract from a player, item one Grigg , item 2 Houli

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »

Mrakov did you buy Bents Samsung tablet?  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »

Mrakov did you buy Bents Samsung tablet?  ;D
;D
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »
........my posts are short sharp,  accurate and of high quality

Add humble to that list Dan?   ;D

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
He is soft and favors dinky little sideways and backwards kicks and handballs. Considering he is one of the main ball receivers, he is a huge liability just like Cotchin has been.  He has taken over Grigg's role, and the net gain has been negative for the RFC because we gave up a first round draft pick for status quo.

If he kicked the ball long and hit targets, broke lines a bit and went in hard, he would be a good player.

Probably another victim of Hardwick's coaching.