Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298537 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1275 on: March 16, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »
Yes, let's now all debate who's the better, more damaging player out of Martin & Ellis....
It's not about debating it but being able to see that they are two different types of players and how they gather their possessions is indicative of this.

No. Dougy claimed Lozzas statement about ineffective disposal was 'rubbish' and claimed it was better than Martins.

This has been disproven, with context.

:clapping :clapping :clapping.......I love you at this very moment.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1276 on: March 16, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »
Yes, let's now all debate who's the better, more damaging player out of Martin & Ellis....
It's not about debating it but being able to see that they are two different types of players and how they gather their possessions is indicative of this.

No. Dougy claimed Lozzas statement about ineffective disposal was 'rubbish' and claimed it was better than Martins.

This has been disproven, with context.
My original post on this subject was about your inference that Ellis gets ' cheaper uncontested possessions'. I try to see things with an open mind and think that just because someone gets uncontested possies it doesn't necessarily make them cheap. Especially if he runs about 130 meters to get on the end if a possession.

I'll leave you and Dougy to discuss the respective effectiveness.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1277 on: March 16, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
If nobody gets an uncontested possession then we have ourselves a turn-over!  What would you rather see? 
I hope Brandon gets about 3000 cheap easy kicks this year!    :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1278 on: March 17, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »
I can concede Ellis is a very good endurance athlete. He uses his running ability to his advantage to be able to collect many possessions. And good on him. The only problem is he would rather take the easy option when he gets the footy than try and advantage our side by taking a rick with his kicking.
He IMO is the most selfish footballer on our list because of this. And I think he does it on purpose.

The upside with him is it's a thing I think he could change if he wasn't so poo scared of making mistakes and hence looking bad. He will never be anything until he changes his attitude in this area.
I for one hope he does for all our sakes but I'd still run the little prick over if he walked in front of my car.  :lol

I dislike the way he plays more than any other player I can remember wearing a Tigers jumper.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1279 on: March 17, 2016, 08:54:28 PM »
I can concede Ellis is a very good endurance athlete. He uses his running ability to his advantage to be able to collect many possessions. And good on him. The only problem is he would rather take the easy option when he gets the footy than try and advantage our side by taking a rick with his kicking.
He IMO is the most selfish footballer on our list because of this. And I think he does it on purpose.

The upside with him is it's a thing I think he could change if he wasn't so poo scared of making mistakes and hence looking bad. He will never be anything until he changes his attitude in this area.
I for one hope he does for all our sakes but I'd still run the little prick over if he walked in front of my car.  :lol

I dislike the way he plays more than any other player I can remember wearing a Tigers jumper.

Spot on BT. He came into the league as a good long kick but we haven't seen this because he continues to take the easy option.  He can be a penetrating kick but he doesn't kick through the ball when he takes the short option and this results in plenty of turnovers. I'm just not convinced he's a particularly smart footballer so question his scope for improvement. He might just be our Brent Stanton.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1280 on: March 17, 2016, 09:24:44 PM »

Another player might not have the chance to do the easy option

Due to not having the fitness, speed of b Ellis.

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1281 on: March 17, 2016, 10:18:29 PM »
LOL Ellis's greatest problem is blazing away without looking when he has time to settle, not taking a short clear option rather than kicking long to a contest
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1282 on: March 17, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »
LOL Ellis's greatest problem is blazing away without looking when he has time to settle, not taking a short clear option rather than kicking long to a contest

Yep.
That can be fixed over time,
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1283 on: March 17, 2016, 10:31:45 PM »
How about hand balling directly to opponents  ?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1284 on: March 17, 2016, 11:33:13 PM »

Just to play devils advocate Big Tone - you may not like the way he plays ( and that's fair enough) but is he just playing the role Hardwick has instructed.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Brandon was BOG at dream time at the G last year.
Plus laid the most important tackle of the decade in round 24 2014.
Unleash the tornado

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1285 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:53 AM »
How about hand balling directly to opponents  ?

Counts towards his 3000 easy cheap possessions. Hell yes  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1286 on: March 18, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »

Just to play devils advocate Big Tone - you may not like the way he plays ( and that's fair enough) but is he just playing the role Hardwick has instructed.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Brandon was BOG at dream time at the G last year.
Matt, there is no way anyone would coach anyone to play that way. No way! Not even Dimma.
Ellis plays in preservation mode every time he runs out for us IMO. I just don't understand why he does as he has a pretty great gift of being fitter than most. I'm not sure if its confidence or something else but it can be rectified if he chooses to take that chance. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1287 on: March 18, 2016, 05:20:30 PM »

Matt, there is no way anyone would coach anyone to play that way. No way! Not even Dimma.
Ellis plays in preservation mode every time he runs out for us IMO. I just don't understand why he does as he has a pretty great gift of being fitter than most. I'm not sure if its confidence or something else but it can be rectified if he chooses to take that chance.

Not true

he has had some run of games where he is hard at it

for example, the firrito monkey injury him, when he was bravely watching the ball

he is also capable of squbbing it to the extent of houli or chaplin on his bad days.

looks worse when the midfield is losing  inside
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1288 on: March 18, 2016, 05:36:23 PM »
No doubt he'll be one of loudest singing that horses ditty.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1289 on: March 18, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »

Not true

he has had some run of games where he is hard at it

for example, the firrito monkey injury him, when he was bravely watching the ball

he is also capable of squbbing it to the extent of houli or chaplin on his bad days.

looks worse when the midfield is losing  inside
My previous couple of posts haven't mentioned him being scared to go for the footy.  :whistle
My complaint of him since day one he isn't brave when he has the footy.
Keep up  :thumbsup