Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298579 times)

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: March 18, 2016, 06:20:44 PM »
would agree with big note

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1291 on: March 18, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
fair enough but what does "he isn't brave when he has the footy." mean in english?

many times he would be knackered when he has it cause of running flat out

many times he simply isnt good enough to do a precise kick hitting someone on the run 55 away like martin or deledio
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1292 on: March 18, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »
fair enough but what does "he isn't brave when he has the footy." mean in english?

many times he simply isnt good enough to do a precise kick hitting someone on the run 55 away like martin or deledio

It means he isn't brave enough or back his capabilities to kick that far. I guess.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1293 on: March 19, 2016, 09:53:31 AM »

It means when he has the footy he would prefer to take the easy option and kick it backwards, sideways or at best long down the line to a contest. All 3 options are ok at times but he never gets the footy and takes the game on. He would never try a difficult kick inboard to put us at an advantage so we could move the footy on quickly putting us in a dangerous position going forward. He would never play on from a mark and take on an opposition. If there is a chance he can get tackled he will simply get rid of the footy. At AFL level if you can get around an opponent you create a lose man and the game opens up in front of you.
That's why I like players like Castagna, he opens up play in front of him with his attacking style.
Anyway can you tell I have a bit of "man love" for George!  :lol
I'd love to see him round 1 running off halfback.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1294 on: March 19, 2016, 10:02:34 AM »

I'd love to see him round 1 running of halfback.

Would love to see it too but think we will be disappointed

Have a sinking feeling they will go with Morris ahead of him (sadly)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1295 on: March 19, 2016, 11:04:24 AM »
I can concede Ellis is a very good endurance athlete. He uses his running ability to his advantage to be able to collect many possessions. And good on him. The only problem is he would rather take the easy option when he gets the footy than try and advantage our side by taking a rick with his kicking.
He IMO is the most selfish footballer on our list because of this. And I think he does it on purpose.

The upside with him is it's a thing I think he could change if he wasn't so poo scared of making mistakes and hence looking bad. He will never be anything until he changes his attitude in this area.
I for one hope he does for all our sakes but I'd still run the little prick over if he walked in front of my car.  :lol

I dislike the way he plays more than any other player I can remember wearing a Tigers jumper.

Just to play devils advocate Big Tone - you may not like the way he plays ( and that's fair enough) but is he just playing the role Hardwick has instructed.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Brandon was BOG at dream time at the G last year.
Plus laid the most important tackle of the decade in round 24 2014.
Matt, there is no way anyone would coach anyone to play that way. No way! Not even Dimma.

So there is no way in the world a coach would instruct a player to play this way, yet is likely the coach allows a player to play this way against his instructions?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1296 on: March 19, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

It means when he has the footy he would prefer to take the easy option and kick it backwards, sideways or at best long down the line to a contest. All 3 options are ok at times but he never gets the footy and takes the game on. He would never try a difficult kick inboard to put us at an advantage so we could move the footy on quickly putting us in a dangerous position going forward. He would never play on from a mark and take on an opposition. If there is a chance he can get tackled he will simply get rid of the footy. At AFL level if you can get around an opponent you create a lose man and the game opens up in front of you.
That's why I like players like Castagna, he opens up play in front of him with his attacking style.
is this in inboard kick to a free player or one that is covered?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1297 on: March 19, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »

I'd love to see him round 1 running of halfback.

Would love to see it too but think we will be disappointed

Have a sinking feeling they will go with Morris ahead of him (sadly)

God no, really.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1298 on: March 19, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »
George played well in the VFL against the cats. Took the game on and broke the lines. Had one shocking clanger I saw that turned into a goal for them but his other kicks hit their mark overall.
As big tone says, he opens up the play...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1299 on: March 19, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »
I can concede Ellis is a very good endurance athlete. He uses his running ability to his advantage to be able to collect many possessions. And good on him. The only problem is he would rather take the easy option when he gets the footy than try and advantage our side by taking a rick with his kicking.
He IMO is the most selfish footballer on our list because of this. And I think he does it on purpose.

The upside with him is it's a thing I think he could change if he wasn't so poo scared of making mistakes and hence looking bad. He will never be anything until he changes his attitude in this area.
I for one hope he does for all our sakes but I'd still run the little prick over if he walked in front of my car.  :lol

I dislike the way he plays more than any other player I can remember wearing a Tigers jumper.

Just to play devils advocate Big Tone - you may not like the way he plays ( and that's fair enough) but is he just playing the role Hardwick has instructed.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Brandon was BOG at dream time at the G last year.
Matt, there is no way anyone would coach anyone to play that way. No way! Not even Dimma.

So there is no way in the world a coach would instruct a player to play this way, yet is likely the coach allows a player to play this way against his instructions?
Yes

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1300 on: March 19, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »

is this in inboard kick to a free player or one that is covered?
It's to a player that's not sideways or backwards. It's a kick that an AFL player should attempt to advantage our side, rather than taking the easy option.
Do you disagree with what I have said about Ellis? If so tell me what part you think is incorrect.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1301 on: March 19, 2016, 06:32:41 PM »
I already have, yet you have still not clarified whether you think players should be kicking in board to a contest when you talk about taking a risk.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1302 on: March 19, 2016, 06:33:33 PM »

Yes
and that makes sense to you?

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1303 on: March 20, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
I already have, yet you have still not clarified whether you think players should be kicking in board to a contest when you talk about taking a risk.

You'd never kick inside to a contest. Those with balls and good foot skills will do it though when there's a slight opening. I've seen Menadue do it twice this pre season. I agree with BT this is a kick Ellis doesn't attempt.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1304 on: March 20, 2016, 11:37:48 AM »

they are being coached to kicked backwards, sideways, to pockets

griffiths can kick half the ground yet does dinky pinko kicks 10m sideways. why is this, he wants to?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus