Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 298539 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »
How many times did he fumble last night??
He was by far our worst player last night regardless of how many kicks he got.

How much better did we look with Houli last night, but imagine how good we would look with both of these useless cheats.

"with" ???????
Typing is slower than my brain.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1396 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »
Frustrating player. Kicks a good goal in 2nd quarter and lays a good tackle in fourth quarter but drops an easy mark and causes a turnover which leads to goals against us.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1397 on: May 15, 2016, 04:36:24 PM »
Scared

Pulled up twice last night

Only twice,

For one great tackle you get multiple poor decisions, little chip kicks anyway but forward and at least a minimum 3 refusals to actual attack the ball. Another week of 25+ meanignless possessions camouflaged by one really great tackle and an important goal

That's what makes him so god damn frustrating. At least players like Hunt are consistently poo. This bloke fools people into think he's got something if only for a second and then amasses useless possessions and suddenly people think he's had a good game

tony_montana

« Reply #1398 on: May 15, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
The way he went backwards 40 metres from a deliberate out of bounds on the wing sums him up - even Ling exclaimed "he didnt even look forwards, he went backwards straight away and jack threw his hands up in the air"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1399 on: May 15, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »
Trade currency, that's all.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1400 on: May 15, 2016, 09:36:05 PM »
The way he went backwards 40 metres from a deliberate out of bounds on the wing sums him up - even Ling exclaimed "he didnt even look forwards, he went backwards straight away and jack threw his hands up in the air"
Miles did the same thing a few minutes before but who mentions it?

It's s bloody coaching directive this possession game, go back sideways, backwards again but maintain possession. It's been drilled into them all.
Listen to the presser. The coach wants them to control possession and not take risks. We know we won because we had to take risks in the last in order to win the game but we all know that's not how Dumma wants them to play.

I think at times, me included, we just want to smash a fellow for past history. I'd challenge anyone to watch the game again and list the times he squibbed in this match. I think he's improved his game in the past couple of weeks. He's been a hell of a lot more hard at the contest in the last few weeks as proved by his increase in contested possession. So he went back once, I'd ask then who didn't kick back or sideways at times in the game? Who didn't fumble? Vlastuin fumbled when bursting through the middle and we lost possesion, so did Brandon.

Dusty decided on a few occasions to dink kick the ball 20 metres and turned it straight over on nearly every occasion he tried it. We all want dusty to kick the leather off the bloody footy but why does he do it? It's the bloody coaching that has ruined the natural instincts of these blokes to take the game on. It's the Hardwick Way!  Chip it around and Keep possession!
More proof! Look at how Cotchins natural game has been ruined by this coach. He's been turned into the dinky kick master and it's a crying shame.

That said, The quicker we get a coach that allows the players to play the game the better off all the players will be and the team.
I haven't been Brandon's biggest fan but I'm happy to acknowledge improvement when I see it and at the moment I'm willing to cut the kid some slack & see how he goes. As I said before he is only a few months older than Vlaustin.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1401 on: May 15, 2016, 10:24:03 PM »

Difference is Miles looked forward first after taking a mark so the play had already moved ahead of him and numbers for Sydney gone back. Ellis had a free kick and he literally didn't look any other direction but backwards after winning a free kick and the play still mostly in the middle of the ground

It's s bloody coaching directive this possession game, go back sideways, backwards again but maintain possession. It's been drilled into them all.
Listen to the presser. The coach wants them to control possession and not take risks

Not that I want to defend him too much considering it is obvious he wanted a chipping, possession protecting game plan but even he said they took it too far in the presser

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1402 on: May 15, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »

Listen to the presser. The coach wants them to control possession and not take risks. We know we won because we had to take risks in the last in order to win the game but we all know that's not how Dumma wants them to play.

I think at times, me included, we just want to smash a fellow for past history. I'd challenge anyone to watch the game again and list the times he squibbed in this match. I think he's improved his game in the past couple of weeks. He's been a hell of a lot more hard at the contest in the last few weeks as proved by his increase in contested possession. So he went back once, I'd ask then who didn't kick back or sideways at times in the game? Who didn't fumble? Vlastuin fumbled when bursting through the middle and we lost possesion, so did Brandon.

Dusty decided on a few occasions to dink kick the ball 20 metres and turned it straight over on nearly every occasion he tried it. We all want dusty to kick the leather off the bloody footy but why does he do it? It's the bloody coaching that has ruined the natural instincts of these blokes to take the game on. It's the Hardwick Way!  Chip it around and Keep possession!
More proof! Look at how Cotchins natural game has been ruined by this coach. He's been turned into the dinky kick master and it's a crying shame.

That said, The quicker we get a coach that allows the players to play the game the better off all the players will be and the team.
I haven't been Brandon's biggest fan but I'm happy to acknowledge improvement when I see it and at the moment I'm willing to cut the kid some slack & see how he goes. As I said before he is only a few months older than Vlaustin.
He hasent improved at all. He has gone backwards. In fact he fumbles and misses targets by hand and foot more this year than any other year and that's saying something.
I've hated the way the little prick has played since almost day one but this year is the first time most on here have really turned on him.  He is a scared little girl that should be shown the door at the end of the year. And he should be dropped this week before anyone else going off Saturday nights proformance. His bad outweighs his good by a long way. He is a nothing player with no real weapons other than he can run pretty far.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1403 on: May 15, 2016, 11:44:21 PM »
Even his last two games BT?
Granted I've seen with my own two eyes the countless times he's squibbed a contest but all I'm saying is there wasn't much of that nonsense in the last two games.

Let's face it, your not going to get any different from the likes of Houli and Hunt or Chaplin but this kid is still only 22.
I was one of his biggest critics too and if he goes back to squibbing I will be again but I've liked a lot of what I've seen from him in the last two games and I hope I see more improvement in the future. Let's hope he's turned a corner.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1404 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:49 PM »
When everyone is fit how do you fit the like of c Ellis and rioli in the team?

Grigg is a list blocker.

B Ellis could go either way but it might be smart to trade when value is high
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: May 16, 2016, 12:01:05 AM »

Grigg is a list blocker.

I'd take straight swap for Josh Kelly like the look of this kid.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1406 on: May 16, 2016, 12:03:03 AM »
Throw in Houli
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1407 on: May 16, 2016, 12:04:40 AM »
The halal Heath shaw

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: May 16, 2016, 11:56:35 AM »

Grigg is a list blocker.

I'd take straight swap for Josh Kelly like the look of this kid.

Ellis wouldn't get the deal done I wouldn't think.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1409 on: May 16, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »
Just drop B Ellis for 1 game, he will come back into the team a dead set champ... :snidegrin :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"