Author Topic: Polo  (Read 911 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Polo
« on: April 09, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
Last year IMO Polo was underrated in all the rising star talk. He's not a flashy flanker or midfielder so is often overlooked by most footy watchers even though he's probably been the most consistent of our "fantastic 5" over the past 12 months. Once again not much has been made of his job on Goodes who had little influence on the game especially after Roos had pumped up Goodes for a big game during the week. Not a bad effort for someone whose only played around 20 games to handle someone of Goodes' freakish abilities.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Polo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »
Last year IMO Polo was underrated in all the rising star talk. He's not a flashy flanker or midfielder so is often overlooked by most footy watchers even though he's probably been the most consistent of our "fantastic 5" over the past 12 months. Once again not much has been made of his job on Goodes who had little influence on the game especially after Roos had pumped up Goodes for a big game during the week. Not a bad effort for someone whose only played around 20 games to handle someone of Goodes' freakish abilities.   

totally agree. polos effort was fantastic, goodes beat him a couple of times byut polo sure won th ebattle over the 4 quarters as goodes had no influence what so ever

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
I thought every time Goodes got a touch he opened it up for for Sydney. Very smart and creative player.

I agree Polo did a good job, as usual. I also think the few quality touches from Goodes had a big effect.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:38:48 AM »
I thought every time Goodes got a touch he opened it up for for Sydney. Very smart and creative player.

I agree Polo did a good job, as usual. I also think the few quality touches from Goodes had a big effect.
Thats the beauty of a player like Goodes...has impact even with a few possies...Good work by Polo though...he has got some heart about him and continues to impress.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »
I thought Dean was very good in the first half but in the second I thought goodes had the better of him - he ran him off his feet.

But I reckon Polo would have learnt alot playing on Goodes - especially how to run off and make position for a quick clearance. the other thing that Goodes did on Saturday (and I will admit that I've thought in the past he hasn't doen it enough) was how he kept running when he DIDN'T have the ball as to give his team mates another option - great lesson to all our blokes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »
I just hope Terry learns from this that Polo is our best match-up against tallish athletic opponents. Thinking of Franklin mainly after last year's debacle where Plough used Razor instead. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd