Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300406 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #750 on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
Watched quite a few contests' of Brandon's against the Dons and think he's just about near the biggest cat we have.
Face of the footy club? Lol.
I'd drop him. Kid needs a rocket.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #751 on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »
Could be the most frustrating player on our list! Did I miss something in his formative years, did he get cleaned up by someone? Have a crack at the VFL & get after some big clearance and contested numbers. Cannot play scared.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #752 on: June 09, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
Squibbed it ala houli

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #753 on: June 09, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »
There's no a player between him and conca.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #754 on: June 09, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »
Sorry, her.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Martin

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #755 on: June 09, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »
This guy should be sponsored by the RTA and wear a one way sign!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
When he first arrived I wouldn't have thought him to be a soft player but he's showing he is. Geelong wouldn't cop his half hearted efforts.
Mentors, Grigg, Houli etc. have shown him the way.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #757 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:16 PM »
Go Brandon !!!

So now you're saying he's a Jet(t)?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #758 on: June 09, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
When he first arrived I wouldn't have thought him to be a soft player but he's showing he is. Geelong wouldn't cop his half hearted efforts.

Yep

It all comes back to the coach - this is why I am actually laying most of this mess at his feet (which is not something I have traditionally advocated).  By not punishing  CONSISTENT half arsed efforts from houli, grigg and co the past 3-4 years, he has allowed young impressionable players to develop/copy bad habits. Watching newman refuse to man up hasn't helped either - msg is if you are a run and carry or release player, don't worry about anything else

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #759 on: June 09, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Spot on, you political refugee  :thumbsup
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: June 09, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »

Yep

It all comes back to the coach - this is why I am actually laying most of this mess at his feet (which is not something I have traditionally advocated).  By not punishing  CONSISTENT half arsed efforts from houli, grigg and co the past 3-4 years, he has allowed young impressionable players to develop/copy bad habits. Watching newman refuse to man up hasn't helped either - msg is if you are a run and carry or release player, don't worry about anything else

Spot on, Ellis has gone backwards this year.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #761 on: June 09, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
I've turned on Ellis this year and rightly so. Fradulent footballer.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: June 09, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »
I'm not glad Ellis is soft, I'm just glad most can see it now.
My mates I go to the footy all now agree with me after defending him for a long while.
I think he needs a run in the twos and they should play Arnot. We need guys that are competitive beasts.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #763 on: June 09, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

Yep

this year?

He's playing the same way he always has

As I said in another thread; when you are winning things that are problems get ignored, when you lose there is no place to hide and the problems glow for everyone to see, that's what has happened here
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #764 on: June 09, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »

Yep

this year?

He's playing the same way he always has

As I said in another thread; when you are winning things that are problems get ignored, when you lose there is no place to hide and the problems glow for everyone to see, that's what has happened here

You little fukkas listening?

That's wisdom speaking.

Caracella and Balmey.