Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt on SEN at 7.40am  (Read 725 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt on SEN at 7.40am
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »
Jack Riewoldt will be on SEN at 7.40am today.

If anyone can post a brief summary of what Jack says it would be much appreciated  :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt on SEN at 7.40am
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
Jack was in the studio between 7.30 & 8.00am

Really covered a lot of things we already knew and there was a bit of "fluff" and then about 4 minutes of actual decent talk about the Tigers & footy

But here's the things I can remember  ;D

* Straight after the 7.30 news they have a segment called the "Big Q" where a question is posed and then answered. Question today (asked by Maher) was should Ricky Ponting retire now. Blinks Watson answered Yes and gave a list of reasons. They then asked Jack his thoughts and said Yes Ponting should probably retire. He was then asked my Maher (I think) how was he going to feel tomorrow when the backpage headlines on the dailies down in Tassie says "Riewoldt says Ponting should Retire", Jack laughed and then said Ed Cowan (another Tassie) should replace him

* Blinks asked about all the ops. Jack said there were 5 ops in total but actually avoided answering directly what the ops were actually for. Only ones he really gave detail on were the hip operations and Jack explained he rolled his ankle mid year which resulted in hips going out of "alignment" and that meant he needed surgery on both hips

* admitted to struggling a bit playing injured manily because he had no continuity with his training

* admitted he played with broken ribs for 3 weeks wearing a guard after being kneed in the back by Dave Goudris

* asked about singing the Anthem at the races - said it was a bit intimidating. Said all the jockeys were Tiger fans apart from Rodd (?) who wasn't but now is since they gave him a jumper

* at 7.55 Blinks asked what tiger fans could look forward to in 2012 Jack's reply

* Martin - improving

* Cotchin imroving and becoming a "superstar/elite" of the comp

* Further improvement in Astbury & Grimes down back as well further improvement in "young Alex Rance" Suggested everyone have a look at Rance's game on Jon Brown up in Brisbane to see how good a player "young Alex"

* Blinks asked him if was a follower of footy and did he watch much footy outside tiger games & Jack said "yep". So Blinks said did watch the GF and if you did; did you learn anything from it?

* Jack said (and from his answer I took it that Jack was actually went to the game) what he noticed was the extra intensity, the extra speed of the game and the amount of work the big power forwards (he singled out Dawes & Cloke) did off the ball. And that while the stats probably said Dawes didn't have a good game, his work off the ball was sensational and that's what he (Jack) wants to work towards

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:52:10 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt on SEN at 7.40am
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:08:13 PM »
Cheers for that WP  :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond