Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452532 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #840 on: August 24, 2016, 10:34:44 PM »
Harfwit has the most say on players IMO.

The club is going down the 5hitta due to his stupidity and stubbornness.

The other 2 in charge are "yes"men just like the rest of Harwits coaching panel.

I'm afraid we will all have to go through a lot more hurt before anything is done about it.

If Richardson & Hartley are just "yes men" to Halfstep then neither of them are doing their job properly and are every bit as much to blame.
Yer agree. But Halfwit is choosing the player he wants IMO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #841 on: August 25, 2016, 04:04:22 AM »
Chris Dawes' heart is set on playing on with Melbourne next season, but a few opposition clubs have signalled their interest in the uncontracted key forward in the event he departs the Demons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-24/clubs-keen-on-outofcontract-demon

Jack Trengove and Jack Grimes remain out of contract for next season after spending the bulk of the year in the VFL.

While the pair will meet with Goodwin early next week to discuss their futures, Trengove, 24, appears more likely to be retained for next season.

Grimes, 27, is expected to consider his options in October’s exchange period after only two senior games this year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-has-tough-calls-to-make-on-jack-grimes-and-jack-trengove/news-story/2baa437e4c13b520fff7f2ab7c7cf54a

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #842 on: August 25, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
Welcome Dawes.  Dawes and Cloke reunited.  It's a wonderful thing.  At Richmond we make dreams happen.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #843 on: August 25, 2016, 09:55:47 AM »
This is the same Trengove we were going to give pick 12 for?

1 year on and the Dees don't want him now?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #844 on: August 25, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »

Wasn''t it the end of '14?

I think the Dees were keen to go ahead with the trade but we found out his foot is stuffed during his check up so we pulled out.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: August 25, 2016, 09:58:59 AM »

Only because we found his foot issue ;)

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #846 on: August 25, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
buggered if i know why we are re-signing anyone before trade period.... it's wiping out our currency 1 signature at a time

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #847 on: August 25, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »
First off season signing confirmed!!
Port has opted not to resign jay schulz.
Welcome back to tigerland!!!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #848 on: August 25, 2016, 12:26:34 PM »

The other 2 in charge are "yes"men just like the rest of Harwits coaching panel.

I'm afraid we will all have to go through a lot more hurt before anything is done about it.

If Richardson & Hartley are just "yes men" to Halfstep then neither of them are doing their job properly and are every bit as much to blame.

:lol
Richardson is not more more than an administrator. That is his background, he has no footballing background, yet you seem to think he is sort of Graeme richmond type powerbroker over the football dept, in which case he should also be carrying the can for the game plan.

Ultimately the coach would have the final say on who goes and stays, Hartley would have a big say, but not the final, as well as a big say on length of contracts.

There is no way in the world that Richardson is telling these two ( and any others paid specifically to work in this field) what will and wont happen.

Ultimately Hartley and Hardwick should be the target of the hissy fits over contracts
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: August 25, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »

Richardson is not more more than an administrator. That is his background, he has no footballing background, yet you seem to think he is sort of Graeme richmond type powerbroker over the football dept, in which case he should also be carrying the can for the game plan.

Ultimately the coach would have the final say on who goes and stays, Hartley would have a big say, but not the final, as well as a big say on length of contracts.

There is no way in the world that Richardson is telling these two ( and any others paid specifically to work in this field) what will and wont happen.

Ultimately Hartley and Hardwick should be the target of the hissy fits over contracts
Agree with this. Richardson works out the contracts. How to structure them and ultimately how they fit them into TPP. He does not pick the players. That is BH with input from DH.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:42:00 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: August 25, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »

Isn't Richardson the boss?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #851 on: August 25, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
Which includes the length of contracts.....you both seem to be forgetting one crucial thing - players themselves & their managers are also involved in these decisions and Richardson's the one that handles those negotiatons, he may have input from others but the final offers are ultimately up to him. (Though I'm sure the likes of  Astbury, Grigg & Houli all know when they're on a good thing and didn't negotiate too hard.)

If you blokes seriously think that heads of football departments, don't, won't or can't override/veto list management decisions then you're kidding yourselves. The idea of the likes of Neil Balme just being rubber stamps....or that administrators are just there to follow the orders of their underlings, is laughable.

BTW Al...never blamed Richardson for everthing - said all along that him, Hartley, Halfstep & Hackson are all equally culpaple for the general state of the list.

Yes he is -  people seem to be struggling with the definition.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: August 25, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Which includes the length of contracts.....you both seem to be forgetting one crucial thing - players themselves & their managers are also involved in these decisions and Richardson's the one that handles those negotiatons, he may have input from others but the final offers are ultimately up to him. (Though I'm sure the likes of  Astbury, Grigg & Houli all know when they're on a good thing and didn't negotiate too hard.)

If you blokes seriously think that heads of football departments, don't, won't or can't override/veto list management decisions then you're kidding yourselves. The idea of the likes of Neil Balme just being rubber stamps....or that administrators are just there to follow the orders of their underlings, is laughable.

BTW Al...never blamed Richardson for everthing - said all along that him, Hartley, Halfstep & Hackson are all equally culpaple for the general state of the list.

Yes he is -  people seem to be struggling with the definition.
BH is the boss of who we get. That is his job. Why would DR override the "guru"?
I agree that the terms of the contracts are DR's job but the crucial calls of who we get from other clubs come from BH.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:25:48 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
Yes Hartley is the bloke who targets opposition players -  was his primary role when he first arrived - but Richardson would still ultimately decide what we offer them.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #854 on: August 25, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
Still laughing at the thought of Neil Balme being our Footy Manager and Hartley & Halfstep telling him to extend Houli's contract, give Hamspud & Astbury two & three years respectively and Balmy just saying "yep ok, whatever you say, will do..."

- Thomas Sowell