Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 449434 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
How do you know

17 clubs

Melskahm pick 20 odd

Ditto Stanley

It's possible a club over pays for one of the bellis / Houli / Lloyd  types
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
I'd trade Edwards because he's a realistic chance to get what he's worth. Lloyd on the other hand wouldn't get us much and don't think we'd get what he's worth but if he was needed as a sweetner then bye bye

whats edwards worth?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »
I'd trade Edwards because he's a realistic chance to get what he's worth. Lloyd on the other hand wouldn't get us much and don't think we'd get what he's worth but if he was needed as a sweetner then bye bye

whats edwards worth?

I doubt he has a huge amount of worth outside our club. Could be packaged up with picks?

tony_montana

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:55 PM »

whats edwards worth?

I doubt he has a huge amount of worth outside our club. Could be packaged up with picks?

correct, hence my earlier comment about him not being our best trade bait. No club would give up a first rounder for him and I certainly wouldnt take a second rounder for him, he gives us a lot more than that. Keep

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

whats edwards worth?

correct, hence my earlier comment about him not being our best trade bait. No club would give up a first rounder for him and I certainly wouldnt take a second rounder for him, he gives us a lot more than that. Keep
Agree.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
Edwards would get decent offers....

Jake Niall just said on AFL Tonight that Marchbank from GWS has put contract talks off until the end of the season - specifically mentioned Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood & St. Kilda as being interested but then said "and there will probably be a few other Victorian clubs..."
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
Edwards would get decent offers....

Jake Niall just said on AFL Tonight that Marchbank from GWS has put contract talks off until the end of the season - specifically mentioned Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood & St. Kilda as being interested but then said "and there will probably be a few other Victorian clubs..."

There's only a few left...
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:02 AM »

whats edwards worth?

2nd rounder you'd think, no? Could (unlikely) steal us a late 1st rounder if another club rates him the way Richmond seems to. Whereas Lloyd would be lucky to get you a 5th rounder

tony_montana

« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »

whats edwards worth?

2nd rounder you'd think, no? Could (unlikely) steal us a late 1st rounder if another club rates him the way Richmond seems to. Whereas Lloyd would be lucky to get you a 5th rounder

agree with that - and you'd be happy to take a second rounder for him?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2016, 10:24:06 AM »
Probably, yeah. If it was pick around 20 I'd probably do it, we need another early 2nd rounder. If it was a later pick like 35 no I wouldn't.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
IMO Edwards is easily worth a 1st round pick. Something between 10 to 15.
If you consider what other average players have gone for.
We were potentially getting pick 20 off Brisbane for a guy not even in our best 22 IMO..
Edwards has been a star over the last couple of years and in a decent side would be even better.
1st round picks sometimes get you BEllis types  :banghead
Anyone with a brain in their head would take Edwards over BEllis.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »
Probably, yeah. If it was pick around 20 I'd probably do it, we need another early 2nd rounder. If it was a later pick like 35 no I wouldn't.

Lucky u ain't in charge
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »
IMO Edwards is easily worth a 1st round pick. Something between 10 to 15.
If you consider what other average players have gone for.
We were potentially getting pick 20 off Brisbane for a guy not even in our best 22 IMO..
Edwards has been a star over the last couple of years and in a decent side would be even better.
1st round picks sometimes get you BEllis types  :banghead
Anyone with a brain in their head would take Edwards over BEllis.
I agree with this. We don't have a lot of X factor in the team. If we trade Edwards, what is the chance we'd get an upgrade on him if it were a 2nd rounder? Probably slim. So why would we take a slim chance to improve when there are better ways to build the side. I would rather trade Vickery for a second rounder. He is lazy and won't improve under Hardwick who seems happy for him to be lazy. The chances of an upgrade are much better than trying to upgrade on Edwards.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »

Lucky u ain't in charge

What were you saying about taking risks?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column today:

IF ... Vickery and Griffiths remain out of contract for much longer ...    

THEN ... it'll soon be obvious to all that the Tigers are attempting to lure a big-name key forward. Hello Josh Jenkins?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-03/sliding-doors-round-11-2016-afl