Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 449387 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2016, 01:18:56 PM »
Apparently there's talk Sydney are considering putting Heeney on the table....

No way, going to be a gun, actually scratch that, he already is

Apparently they need cap space.....and let's face it, Sydney just shyte out kids like Heeney thanks to their academy...each year's models seemingly better than the previous year's... (see Mills)...hell, they can afford to send Heeney back to the NEAFL.....only back in this week....

Heeney is a NSWelshman and comes from a Rugby background. I'd be less inclined to grab him over a lot of others.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »
WTF has that got to do with anything? Have you seen him play? By that logic you'd also pass on Kieran Jack.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
WTF has that got to do with anything? Have you seen him play? By that logic you'd also pass on Kieran Jack.
Never heard of a player wanting to move home or not wanting to move to a particular state before?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »
Ok then, let's not recruit any interstate players then.....anyhow, you said you'd be less inclined to grab him, not what he'd be inclined to do....if he didn't want to move interstate it's a moot point what we'd be inclined to do.....and still not sure what his Rugby background has to do with anything....except possibly make him a good tackler and Geez knows we need more of them....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »

So would you have passed on Carey because he's from NSW? How about Fyfe  because he's from WA? Besides, you said you'd be less inclined to grab him, not what he'd be inclined to do....if he didn't want to move interstate it's a moot point what we'd be inclined to do.....and still not sure what his Rugby background has to do with anything....except possibly make him a good tackler and Geez knows we need more of them....

Hmm, I think that's exactly it. I'd be LESS inclined over a guy who'd I'd have doubts over his desire to come to Vic, than 2 guys (in Prestia and J'OM) who have all but stated they want to come (back) to Victoria.

His Rugby background has nothing to do with the conversation except to say he's a born and bred NSWelshman. Hey, we could trade him over and he could become the greatest recruit in RFC history and I'll eat my words. But I'm less inclined to Heeney as he's from NSW.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #440 on: July 20, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »
Do you mean like Miles was from NSW?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »

So would you have passed on Carey because he's from NSW? How about Fyfe  because he's from WA? Besides, you said you'd be less inclined to grab him, not what he'd be inclined to do....if he didn't want to move interstate it's a moot point what we'd be inclined to do.....and still not sure what his Rugby background has to do with anything....except possibly make him a good tackler and Geez knows we need more of them....

Hmm, I think that's exactly it. I'd be LESS inclined over a guy who'd I'd have doubts over his desire to come to Vic, than 2 guys (in Prestia and J'OM) who have all but stated they want to come (back) to Victoria.

His Rugby background has nothing to do with the conversation except to say he's a born and bred NSWelshman. Hey, we could trade him over and he could become the greatest recruit in RFC history and I'll eat my words. But I'm less inclined to Heeney as he's from NSW.
JOM is from WA....... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #442 on: July 20, 2016, 04:32:16 PM »

JOM is from WA....... :whistle

Pretty much commonly accepted he wants to come to Victoria.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #443 on: July 20, 2016, 05:26:41 PM »
Heeney is a stuffing Jet. Would take him in a heart beat over JOM or Prestia.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
Dougey now tripping up on his own argument.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16:41 PM »
Never heard of a player wanting to move home or not wanting to move to a particular state before?

Let's trade all our interstate players before free agency. Stuff let's make sure we get rid of Rance while he has value

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »

Let's trade all our interstate players before free agency. Stuff let's make sure we get rid of Rance while he has value

Some don't Rance rate anyway

tony_montana

« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »

Some don't Rance rate anyway

like who?  ;D

:whistle

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #448 on: July 21, 2016, 12:34:38 AM »
Apparently there's talk Sydney are considering putting Heeney on the table....
:pray
:pray :pray
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2016, 08:06:02 AM »
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.