Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 449491 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #765 on: August 21, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
Oh look no Shane won't be going anywhere, he's one of most important players, his best is elite and we expect him to be back to his best next year....

Yep - it just wouldn't be the same without opposition players running straight through Shank at centre half forward and rebounding out of our forward 50 at least half a dozen times a match.... :gotigers
But Dumma said we aren't a tackling team.....

Sometimes we want high tackle numbers, sometimes we're prepared to sit off a bit and let them go certain ways," he said.
"It all interconnects with how you play. We're a low tackle side. Some sides are high tackle, depending on the style of game."

Sounds to me you don't appreciate "the Richmond Way Corral" or the "One-Handed Stop-slap".  :rollin

Don't you know we are a finals team next year and Dumma is a good coach?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: August 21, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »
Yesterday on SEN prior to the match it was mentioned by their trade guru (insert HUN journo) that Brandon Ellis was not happy with some things that happened this season and was also interested in other options.

Given he is often maligned and perhaps rightly so perhaps it is half step and his bulls hit gamestyle which stuff our players
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: August 21, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
Yesterday on SEN prior to the match it was mentioned by their trade guru (insert HUN journo) that Brandon Ellis was not happy with some things that happened this season and was also interested in other options.

Given he is often maligned and perhaps rightly so perhaps it is half step and his bulls hit gamestyle which stuff our players

A win win for all concerned.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: August 21, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
l know what the problem is. When chicken poo Bellis pulls out of a contest several times this season, His team mates let him know his got no gizzards in that gut of his. They don't wanna play along side him cause they continually have to go to his man. His jogging back to defence as he been chasing kicks. His a loser

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #769 on: August 21, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »

Ellis is like the Richmond version of Hunt.

Who would be interested in that piece of poo, sniping dog
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: August 21, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »

Are there any clubs as stupid as us, who would be willing to take another Hunt? Although we didn't trade for him

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: August 21, 2016, 08:47:58 PM »
Would we/you be willing to give up our pick 6 for Tomlinson and Steele?
Two for one?

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #772 on: August 21, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »

Essendon

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #773 on: August 21, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »
So being a walk up start for every match no matter how unaccountable he is or how badly he plays still not good enough for Brandon? Good luck finding happiness at your next club then, son....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: August 21, 2016, 08:57:08 PM »

Essendon
If we could get a pick under 50 for him I'd take it. His type are the reason we all talk about this club having poo culture. Get rid of the cancer.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:55 PM »
Lennon + pick 19 for Cloke???!!!!   :lol

Is that you Francis?

Contracted player and Collingwood always plays hardball. What do you think they will take?

Lennon has shown virtually nothing. It's a hopeful hypothetical for me and I'd actually be surprised if they let him go for that. They will want pick 6 guaranteed...

Sit down champ if your going to post dribble like that

I'm not saying Cloke is the answer or that my suggestion is the BEST way to get him/move the club forward. Just proposing a plan on how to improve the list given the current stock/trade currency. I have no doubt in my mind that Cloke would be a better KPF for us than Vickery or Griffiths, and give us 2-3 years of time to develop other prospects like Chol or Moore. I would prefer to trade Deledio + change to GWS for Patton, Tomlinson and Steele, but I really can't see GWS letting Patton go after his first consistent year.

FACT

5 posts above it's got

"Out lids"

Then a back six named full of c graders (being kind) short, c moore, lambert and hibberd being discuss hbf too

:gotigers

Short, Vlastuin, Yarran, Rance, Grimes, Tomlinon was my suggestion.

Hardly a back six of C-graders, although I will admit it's not perfect. Can only expect so much change in one year though and as things stand our 2nd KPD is Astbury - FML. Tomlinson would be a big upgrade on him. Otherwise we have guys like Houli and Hunt, whereas I'm hoping guys like Short and Yarran will keep them out of the side.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #776 on: August 22, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »
Oh look no Shane won't be going anywhere, he's one of most important players, his best is elite and we expect him to be back to his best next year....

Yep - it just wouldn't be the same without opposition players running straight through Shank at centre half forward and rebounding out of our forward 50 at least half a dozen times a match.... :gotigers

Sometimes we want high tackle numbers, sometimes we're prepared to sit off a bit and let them go certain ways," he said.
"It all interconnects with how you play. We're a low tackle side. Some sides are high tackle, depending on the style of game."

Sounds to me you don't appreciate "the Richmond Way Corral" or the "One-Handed Stop-slap".  :rollin

only seen one person pull off the "one-handed stop-slap"  and it was magnificent, Richo, he brought down a north player with it and then got the ball and kicked a goal
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2016, 10:04:03 AM »

only seen one person pull off the "one-handed stop-slap"  and it was magnificent, Richo, he brought down a north player with it and then got the ball and kicked a goal
Link?  Got to see video footage of that.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »
Mathew Richardson Highlights, there is a better one somewhere where he fairdinkum takes someone out after an epic chase with a slap and it looked like a bear hitting someone, I am still trying to find it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=619Q3XPB1QE
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
I posted this in the Prestia thread, more on topic here though:-

If we could get GWS picks 14 and 15 for Lids and ontrade one of those for prestia i reckon it would be a good outcome. Gws will have a heap of picks but this year will pay overs for premium talent for a tilt at a premiership.

Praying for a early second round compensation for Vickery.

Early second round for ellis (i thought he was worth pick 30 but apparently others rate him higher) and same for edwards.

FO conca for a pick around 30. West Coast have pick 31 atm.

Ins would leave us something like

Pick 6, 14, Prestia, 20, 21,22,31 and 42.

Gets rid of lids (old and injury prone) edwards (hot and cold, and starting to get on) and squibs Ellis and Conca.

Into the starting 22 side comes Prestia, McIntosh, Menadue, C Ellis. Debut the picks when ready.

Still hoping for a bit more of a clean out but not sure we will go harder than retirements plus Batch.

Basically my best case scenario outcome id wake up with half a chub if it went down this way .
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018